Author Topic: Mitchell Robinson  (Read 7780 times)

Re: Mitchell Robinson
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2018, 03:20:38 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
On TV Wow just said he probably has a promise by a team in the 20's and we won't see him til draft night

👀

Celtics are 27!

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2018, 03:47:22 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I would much rather have Mo Wagner. Think he fits what Brad does and would be a nice piece off the bench.

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2018, 04:01:18 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
I would much rather have Mo Wagner. Think he fits what Brad does and would be a nice piece off the bench.

I love Mo Wagner too. He's like an athletic, aggressive KO. His defense needs  work but he seems very active for a 7 footer.

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2018, 07:26:14 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I’ve posted this several times and will say it again: Robinson was more impress than Ayton or Bamba in HS All Star game a couple of years ago. Great energy. Defense. Shot blocking. What we should be in the market for.

High risk high return kid.

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2018, 07:28:26 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I’ve posted this several times and will say it again: Robinson was more impress than Ayton or Bamba in HS All Star game a couple of years ago. Great energy. Defense. Shot blocking. What we should be in the market for.

I guess if we're picking #27 it isn't even that high a risk ;)
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2018, 07:56:23 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
On TV Wow just said he probably has a promise by a team in the 20's and we won't see him til draft night

👀

Celtics are 27!
ainge and his promises

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2018, 08:01:16 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
What I don't get is if he has a promise wouldn't you still workout now that you have a safety net? I mean maybe he comes out and wows everyone peaking the interest of a lottery team.

Unless it's lottery level promise this just seems like a bad business decision.
ok fine

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2018, 08:07:18 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
What I don't get is if he has a promise wouldn't you still workout now that you have a safety net? I mean maybe he comes out and wows everyone peaking the interest of a lottery team.

The promise comes with conditions. That's the benefit of the promise

"stop working out for other teams and we will draft you.
Player: deal"

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2018, 08:43:32 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

The promise comes with conditions. That's the benefit of the promise

"stop working out for other teams and we will draft you.
Player: deal"

You take a guarantee to be a 1st round pick. It's guaranteed money.

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2018, 08:45:43 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

That's all well and good, but how's his work ethic and motor, not to mention skill level?

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2018, 08:49:15 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486

That's all well and good, but how's his work ethic and motor, not to mention skill level?

Since we literally only have HS to work off of, the picture is fuzzy. Work ethic, who knows. Skill level, pretty raw.

But even in the worthless dregs of HS basketball, his in game motor was off the charts. It's almost like he understood that he could outwork others to get the rebound or a loose ball. That's rare for a basketball player who has the physical gifts he does. 7'1 and can run like a deer, yet felt a need to hustle more than players 4 inches shorter than him.
#JKJB

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2018, 08:56:14 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis

Since we literally only have HS to work off of, the picture is fuzzy. Work ethic, who knows. Skill level, pretty raw.

But even in the worthless dregs of HS basketball, his in game motor was off the charts. It's almost like he understood that he could outwork others to get the rebound or a loose ball. That's rare for a basketball player who has the physical gifts he does. 7'1 and can run like a deer, yet felt a need to hustle more than players 4 inches shorter than him.

Exactly. That is what distinguishes him from Ayton and Bamba. Much greater sense of urgency in court. Phenomenal on the offensive boards and blocking shots. Would def fill a need for our squad.

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2018, 09:10:21 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Exactly. That is what distinguishes him from Ayton and Bamba. Much greater sense of urgency in court. Phenomenal on the offensive boards and blocking shots. Would def fill a need for our squad.
If this translates to the NBA, I would love him. Seeing guys who hard after rebounds (Baynes and Theis) has been awesome. Having a 7'1" guy with a long wingspan doing it would be even more awesome
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2018, 09:27:43 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
He left WKU without even telling any one.  And apparently it's unknown who he is currently working out with.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2018, 02:16:46 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
ESPN Mock drops him to early 2nd round now. Man I’d love to take a chance on him with our first round pick.

Still think Lakers or someone like the Bucks will pounce on him.