Author Topic: Lost (TV Show)  (Read 45043 times)

Re: Lost (TV Show)
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2010, 11:43:15 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I watched the first three seasons of Lost on DVD over a two week period of recuperating from surgery

It sure beats the heck out of waiting for week to week except it led to many 4:00 o'clock in the morning bed times

Couldn't shut the TV off

I'm going to have to do similar, (well, not the surgery part), because I missed much of last season in the Philippines, and I'm scrambling to fill in the blanks. I read one of those "in-depth" analysis/recap things, but it still leaves a lot out. So much of the details of this show are intimated and given as impressions and not descriptive details ... that's one of the things that makes it so special, I think.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2010, 11:46:28 PM »

Offline PLamb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1
I watched the first three seasons of Lost on DVD over a two week period of recuperating from surgery

It sure beats the heck out of waiting for week to week except it led to many 4:00 o'clock in the morning bed times

Couldn't shut the TV off

I'm going to have to do similar, (well, not the surgery part), because I missed much of last season in the Philippines, and I'm scrambling to fill in the blanks. I read one of those "in-depth" analysis/recap things, but it still leaves a lot out. So much of the details of this show are intimated and given as impressions and not descriptive details ... that's one of the things that makes it so special, I think.
I highly recommend it sir

That feeling you get when the LOST comes on the screen at the end of each show of wanting more is intoxicating

Push the button, start the next show

Next thing you know you're half way through the season and 10 hours are gone
Pick 2 Knicks

PG: George Hill, Ty Lawson
SG: Ray Allen, Anthony Parker, Quentin Richardson
SF: Grant Hill, Matt Barnes, D
PF: Zach Randolph, Kenyon Martin, Jon Brockman, Dante Cunningham
C:  Nene Hilario,   Own rights: Nikola Pekovic IR: Kyle Weaver

« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2010, 08:42:23 PM »

Offline Overrated

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 218
My mind practically exploded after watching the premier.

First of all, the flashbacks/forwards are showing everyone making the flight safely? Secondly, are we seeing people serving as hosts in their dead bodies? Sayid as Jacob and Locke as the smoke? This is messed up; I don't even know what to think right now  :o

« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2010, 08:48:08 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
It's Crisis on Infinite Lost!

« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2010, 10:26:45 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
My mind practically exploded after watching the premier.

First of all, the flashbacks/forwards are showing everyone making the flight safely? Secondly, are we seeing people serving as hosts in their dead bodies? Sayid as Jacob and Locke as the smoke? This is messed up; I don't even know what to think right now  :o
I'm waiting for a "twist" in the "plane landed safely" timeline where we see Walt... except he's 18 years old.  OOOoo...

« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2010, 05:51:03 PM »

Offline petula

• Author
  • Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30

Couldn't shut the TV off

I re-watched all five seasons over a couple of weeks last summer.  It was awesome.  You catch so many things that you missed the first time around. 

It is really clear that these guys knew exactly where they were headed and you can see it when you go back and re-watch season 1.

« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2010, 06:18:10 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
I don't know what has sucked more... the final season of Lost or the final season of the Celtics' 3 year window.   Both had so much potential... but have been an utter disaster.  Hopefully they can both get their crap together by the time it counts.   I'm doubtful, though... in both cases.

« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2010, 06:29:04 PM »

Offline beantownboy171

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
I don't know what has sucked more... the final season of Lost or the final season of the Celtics' 3 year window.   Both had so much potential... but have been an utter disaster.  Hopefully they can both get their crap together by the time it counts.   I'm doubtful, though... in both cases.
Could you be more specific as too why you don't like this season of lost?

« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2010, 06:54:29 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Could you be more specific as too why you don't like this season of lost?
It's garbage.  Pointless and silly.   We have some pyramid... some random asian guy... magic mirrors, a demon living in Locke's body... blah blah blah.   It's just not really entertaining anymore.  I feel like they just took a crap on plate and served it up as an "explanation" of the nonsensical rambling tv show they have created the past several seasons.   Kinda like when BSG just decided to cop out and say "angels... that's the solution... angels".  I feel like this season of Lost is disconnected.   It's now completely clear to me that the intended outcome of the show was that the island was half between heaven and hell... and unfortunately everyone guessed correctly, so the show backtracked and now they are just winging it with their gonzo conclusion.  I'm bored to death by it.  Can't wait until its finally over. 

It's sad to me how little I care who Jacob is and why everyone was brought together on the island.  It just doesn't matter to me anymore.   When they first explored "the others" and the Dharma Inititive, I was genuinely interested.  At this point I couldn't give a crap.  I'm sure it's just some hokey wonky mythology that they pulled out of their butts at the last second.

« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2010, 07:07:21 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
You know what I think my problem is?  I'm on board with science fiction when it has some semblance of logic behind it.  I understand that Lost was ridiculous from the start (smoke monsters... Locke magically being able to walk... etc), but I think I was genuinely interested in the Dharma Inititive story at first, because of how they began exposing it.  I thought maybe the explanation was some big government experiment where everyone on the island was being played.  I thought of "10 little indians" and whether or not we could trust some of the presented "backstories" of the characters.  I thought it was going somewhere.   There is no way you could possibly sell me on the idea that they knew this is where it was going.  With BSG it was the same thing... I thought there would be some plausible planned explanation for the Cylons and the hallucinations that Gaius Balter had been having since the pilot episode.... at the end it was just deux ex machina all over the place and the eventual explanation was "ummm... angels.  Pssh.  Can't argue with angels".   Very weak.  Very disappointing.  This final season of Lost is a joke so far.

« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2010, 12:02:23 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I am enjoying it right now. 

I like the two timeline idea, that the same people's live intertwine both ways. 

« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2010, 12:06:16 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
I thought last night's episode was right up there for the best episode of the season. 

That last 15 minutes or so was pretty intense.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2010, 12:12:10 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Usually with any mystery, the build up is better than the conclusion.

It is the journey that grasps us rather than the ending.

Case in point, Matrix VS Matrix: Reloaded and Matrix 3

« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2010, 12:12:56 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Theory:

Everyone on the show has a good and bad version of themselves living in dual realities.

Both not-Locke and Jacob are Jacob...they are just his good and bad sides...thus the black and white stones on the scale.

Both the good and the bad Jacobs are recruiting players or game pieces for whatever game it is they are playing against each other.

Thank you...I'll be here all week.

« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2010, 12:17:59 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
I can hardly make heads or tails of where it is going, but I'm loving every minute of it.

as someone who ponders eternal faith issues, I'm loving the good vs. evil symbolism

I even wrote about it a bit here: http://doughnutholes.wordpress.com/2010/03/03/the-devil-on-lost/
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)