Author Topic: Lost (TV Show)  (Read 45049 times)

Re: Lost (TV Show)
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2009, 11:14:38 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
They filmed a bunch of stuff for Fringe in my neighborhood in Brooklyn, and one morning my girlfriend and I walk outside, and walking right in front of us was...

Matthew Abaddon!!!! He looked strange in person as well, it was particularly shocking to see him, since his first appearance on Lost, had been only a few days before we saw him.

That guy........is awesome. He is the definition of scary, and I love it.

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2009, 04:02:28 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
the blondie with the gun pointed at Faraday when he's about to deactive the bomb (Ellie) = widmore's eventual lover = old mysterious blonde woman at jewelery store when Desmond goes back in time (Eloise Hawking) = old mysterious blonde woman that pops up again talking to Ben Linus = Faraday's mom that Desmond must track down

thus... Faraday = penny's brother.

Boom... done...   Lost solved.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 04:18:48 PM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2009, 04:07:55 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
They filmed a bunch of stuff for Fringe in my neighborhood in Brooklyn, and one morning my girlfriend and I walk outside, and walking right in front of us was...

Matthew Abaddon!!!! He looked strange in person as well, it was particularly shocking to see him, since his first appearance on Lost, had been only a few days before we saw him.

Daniels from The Wire!   

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2009, 04:49:44 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
Who else was genuinely p---ed off when they killed off Abaddon last episode? I guess we knew it had to happen because he's on "Fringe" now, but I was still peeved.

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2009, 04:54:00 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

Daniels from The Wire!   

Don't forget his appearance on Oz before that.

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2009, 07:30:50 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Wow...

I had some free time, and I started on episode one a few days ago, it seems I've been missing out.

Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do :D

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2009, 07:41:08 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
Wow...

I had some free time, and I started on episode one a few days ago, it seems I've been missing out.

Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do :D

Going through them online will destroy your productivity...I did the 1st 3 seasons in about 4 days when I started, it negatively affected my relationships with other people, as well as my personal hygiene, at the time.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2009, 01:13:24 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Make sure to get up once in a while to eat and use the facilities.

Too much sitting or laying is bad for you.

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2009, 01:18:38 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

Daniels from The Wire!   

Don't forget his appearance on Oz before that.

Its KG's little brother.

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2009, 01:54:11 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Heroes and BSG earned my frustration and ire.  Both shows tanked brutally and became horrible.

For whatever reason, I'm still on board with Lost.  The plot holes don't seem as glaring.  Things add up for the most part.  It's entirely a ridiculous show about a magical island, but at least their inner logic makes some sense, you know?   I don't feel like they "make it up on the fly" as much as those other series. 

There was only one point that I really had to roll my eyes at the show.  It was when little Ben Linus was shot by Jin and the "others" took him away and said, "if we take him.. his innocence will be lost... and he will remember none of this".   OoOOoo... how convenient!  That use of deux ex machina was the only point where I felt like the writers copped out.  The rest of it, I can live with (so far).

I can even live with stuff like Locke coming back to life, because I feel like the show set a precedent early on in the series with Jack's dad...

But the Linus "he will lose his memory" thing was just weak.

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2009, 06:10:54 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Can't wait for the season finale tonight.

I really think this has been a top notch season.  Haven't minded the time travel aspect of the storyline and I think the writers have finally made some real progress answering some of the lingering questions the series has posed since the beginning.  I'm a huge fan of seeing how the Dharma Initiative functioned and its pretty cool to see how it corresponded to prior seasons and the 2004 island.  (hatches, videos, etc.)

I know some people have been turned off by the past two seasons but I still think its the best show on network television right now.  We know that there is an endpoint, so it doesn't feel like the writers are dragging things out or making things up on the spot like other series of the past have. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2009, 06:49:07 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
I can't wait for the finale either. Especially the Jacob part. I am very confused about Richard. I always though he was wiser, but it seems Richard and Jacob might not be in step with the island. Is seems like only Locke is.

It also seems like nothing is going to change in the past. I have been under the assumption that the emergency protocol that Desmond did when he failed to punch in the numbers was detonating the bomb that they are now trying to move into position. If they only place the bomb there instead of blowing it up, then nothing has been changed.

I can't imagine that Sun wouldn't be reunited with Jin (spelling?), so I'm wondering how that will happen.

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2009, 06:58:05 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
I can't wait for the finale either. Especially the Jacob part. I am very confused about Richard. I always though he was wiser, but it seems Richard and Jacob might not be in step with the island. Is seems like only Locke is.

It also seems like nothing is going to change in the past. I have been under the assumption that the emergency protocol that Desmond did when he failed to punch in the numbers was detonating the bomb that they are now trying to move into position. If they only place the bomb there instead of blowing it up, then nothing has been changed.

I can't imagine that Sun wouldn't be reunited with Jin (spelling?), so I'm wondering how that will happen.

I'm a big Richard fan and can't wait to find out exactly what his deal is.  We've seen him now from 1954 through 2007 and he hasn't seemed to age at all.  That has to have a great story to it.  I also want to find out the whole "statue" backstory but I have a feeling that will have to wait until next season.  I don't see the island's back story being solved tonight. 

I agree with you about the whole "nothing changing the past" idea.  I happen to agree that what's happened has happened and the ultimate result won't be changed.  I don't think by Jack detonating the hydrogen bomb, it will eliminate everything that has happened.  Otherwise, if the plane hadn't crashed the bomb wouldn't have been detonated and you go back to square one over and over...  (Plus, do you really see them blowing up the entire island?  We have another season to go!)

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2009, 07:02:25 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders

I'm a big Richard fan and can't wait to find out exactly what his deal is.  We've seen him now from 1954 through 2007 and he hasn't seemed to age at all.  That has to have a great story to it.  I also want to find out the whole "statue" backstory but I have a feeling that will have to wait until next season.  I don't see the island's back story being solved tonight. 

I agree with you about the whole "nothing changing the past" idea.  I happen to agree that what's happened has happened and the ultimate result won't be changed.  I don't think by Jack detonating the hydrogen bomb, it will eliminate everything that has happened.  Otherwise, if the plane hadn't crashed the bomb wouldn't have been detonated and you go back to square one over and over...  (Plus, do you really see them blowing up the entire island?  We have another season to go!)
I don't think they will detonate the bomb. I think Desmond detonates the bomb in the future when the hatch is blown up.

A friend researched the statue and found that there is an Eqyptian statue missing a foot like the foot on the island. Combined with the hieroglyphics and other Eqyptian images on the island, that seems relevant.

« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2009, 07:13:24 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

I don't think they will detonate the bomb. I think Desmond detonates the bomb in the future when the hatch is blown up.

A friend researched the statue and found that there is an Eqyptian statue missing a foot like the foot on the island. Combined with the hieroglyphics and other Eqyptian images on the island, that seems relevant.

Interesting thought with the Desmond/bomb idea.  I hadn't considered that before but its definitely conceivable. 

Yeah, between the temple and the look of the statue, Egyptian would be a good guess or some sort of civilization that prehaps predates Egypt.