Author Topic: question about NHL bracket  (Read 3446 times)

question about NHL bracket
« on: May 12, 2013, 12:53:32 PM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
The whole NHL playoffs I was giving an extra eye on the PIT/NYI match (1/8 seed) up because I thought the winner of that series would face BOS / TOR (4/5 seed).

So I just watched game 6 of that series back and I found out that Pittsburgh is now playing Ottawa Senators (7) in the second round. Which is the winner of the 2/7 match up. So I see this bracket is kinda different than NBA, can someone explain it for me?:) TP to earn! ;)

Does the first seed in NHL always play the worst team left which would be Ottawa (7) as they knocked off Montreal (2)?

I kinda hoped Boston would face, IF THEY ADVANCE because that's not a giving thing either the Pittsburgh Penguins. I think we match up better against them than the Washing Capitals which I think are super strong and still got a bad memory of last year. The Rangers would be fun to play but I think Washington will win that series.

Go bruins, let's finish it tonight!!

Re: question about NHL bracket
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 12:58:50 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Yes, the NHL re-seeds each round.  The highest remaining seed in the conference plays the lowest remaining seed, etc.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 01:01:36 PM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Re-seeding and centralized replay video are two things the NHL does better than NBA

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 01:02:06 PM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
Yes, the NHL re-seeds each round.  The highest remaining seed in the conference plays the lowest remaining seed, etc.

Alright thanks! :) Pretty easy I see. Let's go B's!