Author Topic: Bruins looking great yet again...  (Read 10400 times)

Bruins looking great yet again...
« on: December 23, 2011, 08:04:04 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
4-0 after one period against the Southeast Division leading Florida Panthers.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Bruins looking great yet again...
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 10:14:05 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
8-0!

I wish I could watch more.

I can't ever remember a sustained run of absolute dominance from a Bruins team like this before.
Yup

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 10:23:32 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
This team is scary good right now.

Blackhawks-Bruins in the Stanley Cup Finals.

I can dream, huh?   ;)

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 10:52:31 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Interesting how Bruins are now top dog in Boston professional sports now.  The Cup helped of course.  It was only a few years ago that they could do no better than #4 year-after-year.  IMO, current order is:

1. Bruins
2. Patriots
3. Red Sox
4. Celtics

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 11:13:41 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Interesting how Bruins are now top dog in Boston professional sports now.  The Cup helped of course.  It was only a few years ago that they could do no better than #4 year-after-year.  IMO, current order is:

1. Bruins
2. Patriots
3. Red Sox
4. Celtics

Nah, I think when it comes down to it people in New England still care more about the Red Sox than any other team.  I think the Patriots are in 3rd now, but that will change if they would just win a playoff game.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 10:00:28 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Very impressive. 

They're #1 in the NHL in goals scored, and #1 in the NHL in fewest goals allowed.  This is about as well as I can remember a hockey team playing.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2011, 10:13:10 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Very impressive. 

They're #1 in the NHL in goals scored, and #1 in the NHL in fewest goals allowed.  This is about as well as I can remember a hockey team playing.

Going into last night Tuukka  & Thomas were #2 & #3 in the league in GAA.  Last night probably put Tukka on top.
Yup

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2011, 10:28:41 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Interesting how Bruins are now top dog in Boston professional sports now.  The Cup helped of course.  It was only a few years ago that they could do no better than #4 year-after-year.  IMO, current order is:

1. Bruins
2. Patriots
3. Red Sox
4. Celtics

Nah, I think when it comes down to it people in New England still care more about the Red Sox than any other team.  I think the Patriots are in 3rd now, but that will change if they would just win a playoff game.
I know what you are saying, but I get the feeling that that dynamic is changing.  Baseball is fading in general.  It just doesn't have the fast-paced excitement that young kids like.  Adults keep the interest alive and the Red Sox are an institution with the longest history, but kids don't care about that.  Just my two cents...

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2011, 10:36:04 AM »

Offline RyNye

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 97
I know what you are saying, but I get the feeling that that dynamic is changing.  Baseball is fading in general.  It just doesn't have the fast-paced excitement that young kids like.  Adults keep the interest alive and the Red Sox are an institution with the longest history, but kids don't care about that.  Just my two cents...

Definitely. Baseball is losing popularity as a whole. Most people around my age (20-25) only pay attention in the playoffs. Heck, I never watch regular season baseball unless I am actually going to a ball park ... the game can just be interminably boring.

Also, I know a lot of people who are New England sports fans in general, but actively dislike the Red Sox for a variety of reasons. In all honesty, I barely follow them at all. I only really care that they beat the Yankees, and then come playoff time I want them to win. Regular season is just too uninteresting.

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2011, 10:39:39 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
Very impressive. 

Going into last night Tuukka  & Thomas were #2 & #3 in the league in GAA.  Last night probably put Tukka on top.

and what is even more amazing is that they have 2-3 kids in the minors who will be outstanding players.

i have followed the bruins for a long time, this team right now is as good, or better, than anything i have ever seen for the bruins.

how many championships have the boston teams won since 2004?

celtics = 1
red sox = 2
bruins = 1
patriots = i dont like football so i dont know. :(
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2011, 11:36:13 AM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Very impressive. 

and what is even more amazing is that they have 2-3 kids in the minors who will be outstanding players.

i have followed the bruins for a long time, this team right now is as good, or better, than anything i have ever seen for the bruins.

how many championships have the boston teams won since 2004?

celtics = 1
red sox = 2
bruins = 1
patriots = i dont like football so i dont know. :(

Patriots won in 2001, 2003, and 2004.

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2012, 07:59:55 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
This team is scary good right now.  Up 3-0 after the 1st period against Calgary.

This comes one night after destroying the Devils 6-1.

The depth on this team is incredible.  I sure as heck hope they stay healthy. 

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2012, 08:02:42 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
When your biggest problem is that you have the two best goalies in the league, and need to figure out how to get the most out of both of them, you know you are in a good spot. 

On the downside, the games have become almost boring.  They are putting these games away so early, it is hard to keep watching.

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2012, 08:02:57 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
This team is scary good right now.  Up 3-0 after the 1st period against Calgary.

This comes one night after destroying the Devils 6-1.

The depth on this team is incredible.  I sure as heck hope they stay healthy. 

They look great in virtually every facet. I'm shocked by their offensive firepower, how they just put up bushels of goals against even the best competition -- they've even become adept at power-play scoring, which was a big problem for them last season.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2012, 08:09:04 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
When your biggest problem is that you have the two best goalies in the league, and need to figure out how to get the most out of both of them, you know you are in a good spot. 

On the downside, the games have become almost boring.  They are putting these games away so early, it is hard to keep watching.

It's like they got that huge weight off their shoulders last year by winning the Cup and, this season, their play seems to reflect a sense of confidence and looseness that is just leading them to victory after victory right now.

The scary thing is that they're relatively young too.  Average age on the roster is around 27.