Author Topic: Whoa, Karl-Anthony Towns "Frustrated", Possibly To Be In Trade Talks  (Read 20288 times)

Re: Whoa, Karl-Anthony Towns "Frustrated", Possibly To Be In Trade Talks
« Reply #135 on: May 28, 2018, 12:41:46 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I'd consider something like Teague & KAT for Al, Rozier & picks maybe.
That being said, Teague's contract is nasty.

Maybe just a Rozier & Brown + picks deal. I dunno.

I'd be happy just to sit on this roster + the 27 pick tbh
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #136 on: May 28, 2018, 12:44:59 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I'd consider something like Teague & KAT for Al, Rozier & picks maybe.
That being said, Teague's contract is nasty.

Maybe just a Rozier & Brown + picks deal. I dunno.

I'd be happy just to sit on this roster + the 27 pick tbh

in the short run

but eventually you will have to pay everybody .... and it is not possible

Either way ...Danny sticks with this roster OR grabs KAT for Horford, Brown, Rozier....Celts will have the same kind of chance to win it all next season. 

but for the future ...obtaining KAT would mean "set it and forget it".  Really bright future

« Reply #137 on: May 28, 2018, 12:48:45 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I've got it - Rozier for Justin Patton ;D.

« Reply #138 on: May 29, 2018, 12:02:04 PM »

Offline CelticsQuestFor18

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
First off, I DON'T think KAT actually gets dealt this off-season.

That said, if we're speculating I think if a KAT deal is to be made, it has to be a 3-team trade. I don't think there's a straight up trade that makes sense for just the two sides, although KAT's salary is not an issue to match unlike that of Anthony Davis.

« Reply #139 on: May 29, 2018, 12:10:55 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

I've got a lot of stock in Justin Patton. I'm a big fan of his game.

« Reply #140 on: May 30, 2018, 07:34:51 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I think I would prefer KAT over Bagley, Jackson, or Bamba.

If the T-Wolves would accept a package for KAT, hopefully DA explores that conversation at least.

« Reply #141 on: May 30, 2018, 07:46:55 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Same. Love that guy.

« Reply #142 on: May 30, 2018, 08:42:24 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

Same. Love that guy.

He averaged 9 steals per-36 last year. DPOY candidate.

« Reply #143 on: May 30, 2018, 08:44:08 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Same. Love that guy.

Actually, LiAngelo Ball averaged about 36 steals per-36 this past year. He's the real DPOY candidate this upcoming year when he gets drafted by LAL.  :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #144 on: May 30, 2018, 09:04:41 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Same. Love that guy.

Right? ;) ::) ;D

« Reply #145 on: May 30, 2018, 09:13:36 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
I know it's a fantasy for some, but the Celtics aren't trading Kyrie.

Minnesota also isn't going to trade KAT without receiving a king's ransom, and we can't pay that. KAT isn't the kind of player you mortgage everything for, ala AD. Towns also isn't leaving Minny because he can get the extra bump since he made 3rd team all NBA.

Trading for Towns isn't plausible. Noxious as it might be, at least the Bamba trade ideas are.

« Reply #146 on: May 30, 2018, 10:05:20 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas

Same. Love that guy.

Patton's ceiling is not as high as KAT, but he has the same skill set and play type. He can score inside and outside with great efficiency. He is a good defender on the perimeter and inside. His rebounding instincts are lacking, but that's the only real weakness to his skillset (other than overall development and seasoning).

I think Rozier is a borderline All-star in the right situation, but even if he never reaches an All-star game, he is a legit two-way game-changer who can play at a high level in the playoffs.

And I would give up Rozier for Patton right now, even if they had the same contract situation.

Some players are just your guys, even without good reason. Patton is one of those players to me.

« Reply #147 on: May 30, 2018, 10:19:27 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Same. Love that guy.

Patton's ceiling is not as high as KAT, but he has the same skill set and play type. He can score inside and outside with great efficiency. He is a good defender on the perimeter and inside. His rebounding instincts are lacking, but that's the only real weakness to his skillset (other than overall development and seasoning).

I think Rozier is a borderline All-star in the right situation, but even if he never reaches an All-star game, he is a legit two-way game-changer who can play at a high level in the playoffs.

And I would give up Rozier for Patton right now, even if they had the same contract situation.

Some players are just your guys, even without good reason. Patton is one of those players to me.

Lol, you don't have to sell me on Patton, man, and I'm with you all the way in terms of trading  for the guy regardless of contractual circumstances, plus, let's get him out of Minnesota before Thibs ruins his career ;D.

Additionally, JP has already bulked up, as evidenced by my viewing of his G League highlights during the past season, haha, but I actually like him much better than Towns, as he keeps the ball high on rebounds, is significantly quicker and faster than KAT, has a great motor, defensively, is an awesome passer, and his post game is already more advanced than probably 95% of guys in the NBA, imo. Dude's up-and-under is b1tch1n', lol ;D.

Have you seen any of his G League highlights, btw?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 10:57:08 PM by Beat LA »

« Reply #148 on: May 30, 2018, 11:16:34 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas

Same. Love that guy.

Lol, you don't have to sell me on Patton, man, and I'm with you all the way in terms of trading  for the guy regardless of contractual circumstances, plus, let's get him out of Minnesota before Thibs ruins his career ;D.

Additionally, JP has already bulked up, as evidenced by my viewing of his G League highlights during the past season, haha, but I actually like him much better than Towns, as he keeps the ball high on rebounds, is significantly quicker and faster than KAT, has a great motor, defensively, is an awesome passer, and his post game is already more advanced than probably 95% of guys in the NBA, imo. Dude's up-and-under is b1tch1n', lol ;D.

Good to hear I'm not alone in my unreasonable affection. He moves more and more like Jermaine O'neal with the weight he putting on.

His court vision at that level has been really impressive too.

« Reply #149 on: May 30, 2018, 11:43:52 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Same. Love that guy.

Good to hear I'm not alone in my unreasonable affection. He moves more and more like Jermaine O'neal with the weight he putting on.

His court vision at that level has been really impressive too.

Don't worry, csfansince60s is high on him, too, so you're not alone, haha, and I'd certainly be down for a better passing version of Jermaine O'Neal, although isn't that like 90% of KG? :o

I remember watching highlight videos of Patton's from college and one user on the YouTube ;D kept saying that JP was like a combination of Anthony Davis and Towns, and while I don't know as to whether or not Patton will ever be that good, I can certainly understand that guy's logic. The way that Patton takes the ball away from point guards :o, lol, is ridiculous, too ;D, so yeah, where do I sign? ;D

Not sure if Minnesota would go for it, though :'(, but they've already got Towns, Dieng, Gibson, and Bjelica, and besides, even with his Game 7 stinker, I'd take Rozier over Jeff Teague any day of the week and twice on Sunday ;D, but I seriously doubt that Thibs is that dumb. He can't be, right? Right? ;D