Author Topic: Lakers (24-25) at Celtics (37-11) Game #49 2/1/24  (Read 18853 times)

Re: Lakers (24-25) at Celtics (37-11) Game #49 2/1/24
« Reply #630 on: February 04, 2024, 01:53:59 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 629
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
So people were mad that they didn't seem to take accountability for their ineptitude. Is this accountability or just words?

“I’m very frustrated. Tonight was a rough night. We take full responsibility for it,” Jaylen Brown said. “It started with that first group, we weren’t very good tonight. We came out lackadaisical, and this is the NBA, you come out with that mentality and you lose and that’s what we did. We lost.”

“We don’t sugarcoat it. We can all come out and say we’re excited, but this is not a good spot to be in,” Brown said. “We don’t wanna deal with bad habits. We wanna play the game the right way. We wanna guard, defend, respect our opponents and that stuff you gotta do on a night-in and night-out basis. We didn’t do that tonight from top to bottom. As a leader on this team, I take responsibility for it, but we gotta do better.”

Now there are two days off, a game against a flailing Memphis team, then another two days off. This is a moment of reflection. A hard reset in the middle of what so far has been a dream season.

“To think we’re not going to go through difficult times during an 82-game NBA season is not the right way to look at it,” Mazzulla said. “So am I p---ed about losing? Yes. But am I ecstatic about the opportunity for us to grow as a team? I’m even happier about that.”

https://theathletic.com/5246286/2024/02/02/lebron-james-anthony-davis-celtics-lakers/

If we don't think this is taking accountability, what form would we want to see the accountability taking? (Other than winning the next game as that's a given.)

If the C's lose next game against the shorthanded Memphis Grizzlies at the TD Garden, then somebody needs to be fired and a Jay needs to be traded. And the crowd should boo this.

And who would we get back for trading one of the Jays?

Tatum for Poku
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

Re: Lakers (24-25) at Celtics (37-11) Game #49 2/1/24
« Reply #631 on: February 04, 2024, 07:21:10 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 183
So people were mad that they didn't seem to take accountability for their ineptitude. Is this accountability or just words?

“I’m very frustrated. Tonight was a rough night. We take full responsibility for it,” Jaylen Brown said. “It started with that first group, we weren’t very good tonight. We came out lackadaisical, and this is the NBA, you come out with that mentality and you lose and that’s what we did. We lost.”

“We don’t sugarcoat it. We can all come out and say we’re excited, but this is not a good spot to be in,” Brown said. “We don’t wanna deal with bad habits. We wanna play the game the right way. We wanna guard, defend, respect our opponents and that stuff you gotta do on a night-in and night-out basis. We didn’t do that tonight from top to bottom. As a leader on this team, I take responsibility for it, but we gotta do better.”

Now there are two days off, a game against a flailing Memphis team, then another two days off. This is a moment of reflection. A hard reset in the middle of what so far has been a dream season.

“To think we’re not going to go through difficult times during an 82-game NBA season is not the right way to look at it,” Mazzulla said. “So am I p---ed about losing? Yes. But am I ecstatic about the opportunity for us to grow as a team? I’m even happier about that.”

https://theathletic.com/5246286/2024/02/02/lebron-james-anthony-davis-celtics-lakers/

If we don't think this is taking accountability, what form would we want to see the accountability taking? (Other than winning the next game as that's a given.)

I love this team, I love Jaylen but these are just words. These are things we have consistently heard before including in the playoffs and they’d come out a game or 2 later and do the same thing