Author Topic: Pick A Player Total Yards Game  (Read 516809 times)

Re: Pick A Player Total Yards Game
« Reply #1710 on: January 11, 2016, 10:30:08 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I'll take Brady.  I know he'll be throwing a lot.  question is, to who.

Timdawgg on the clock.

« Reply #1711 on: January 11, 2016, 10:31:19 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
We have the match ups ready for the next round of playoffs.  Redz is first on the clock starting Monday after the final games today.  Picks will be in seeding order.  I ask that everyone please check in regularly to see if they're up.  I'll do my best to track the picks and send an IM when someone is up.  Please do not wait for me to PM you.  If it's your turn to pick, please go ahead and do so in the thread.  If you don't think you'll be available to pick when your turn comes around, send me a PM and I'll make the pick for you.

If there's a long delay during someone's time to pick, I'll use my discretion to make the pick for that person in consideration of those whose picks follow that player.

ALL PICKS MUST BE COMPLETED BEFORE THE KICKOFF OF THE FIRST GAME THAT SATURDAY (1/16)

DIVISIONAL ROUND
AFC

Game One

(1) Redz  : Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers
vs
( 8 ) Roy H

Game Two
(2) Slamtheking : Tom Brady, New England Patriots
vs
(7) KGs Knee

Game Three
(3) Timdawgg : Carson Palmer, Arizona Cardinals
vs
(6) 33-00-32

Game Four
(4) ThirstyBoots18
vs
(5) Bahku
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 01:05:49 PM by slamtheking »

« Reply #1712 on: January 11, 2016, 10:44:42 AM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
Carson Palmer for me.  Thanks. 
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #1713 on: January 11, 2016, 02:09:30 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584

We have the match ups ready for the next round of playoffs.  Redz is first on the clock starting Monday after the final games today.  Picks will be in seeding order.  I ask that everyone please check in regularly to see if they're up.  I'll do my best to track the picks and send an IM when someone is up.  Please do not wait for me to PM you.  If it's your turn to pick, please go ahead and do so in the thread.  If you don't think you'll be available to pick when your turn comes around, send me a PM and I'll make the pick for you.

If there's a long delay during someone's time to pick, I'll use my discretion to make the pick for that person in consideration of those whose picks follow that player.

ALL PICKS MUST BE COMPLETED BEFORE THE KICKOFF OF THE FIRST GAME THAT SATURDAY (1/16)

DIVISIONAL ROUND
AFC

Game One

(1) Redz  : Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers
vs
( 8 ) Roy H

Game Two
(2) Slamtheking : Tom Brady, New England Patriots
vs
(7) KGs Knee

Game Three
(3) Timdawgg : Carson Palmer, Arizona Cardinals
vs
(6) 33-00-32

Game Four
(4) ThirstyBoots18: Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers
vs
(5) Bahku

Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #1714 on: January 11, 2016, 08:37:40 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

DIVISIONAL ROUND

AFC  /  NFC

Game One

(1) Redz - Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers:

vs

( 8 ) Roy H -

Game Two

(2) Slamtheking - Tom Brady, New England Patriots:

vs

(7) KGs Knee -

Game Three

(3) Timdawgg - Carson Palmer, Arizona Cardinals:

vs

(6) 33-00-32 -

Game Four

(4) ThirstyBoots18 - Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers:

vs

(5) Bahku - Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks:

** The best of luck to everyone, but especially my very worth and formidable friend Thirstyboots! **
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #1715 on: January 11, 2016, 08:52:26 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
TZT on the clock -- just pinged him.

thanks for keeping it rolling TB and Bahku

« Reply #1716 on: January 11, 2016, 10:25:55 PM »

Offline 33-00-32

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 2746
  • 2012 PAPTBG & 2013 PAPOUG CHAMPION
I'll take Peyton Manning in a loss to my Steelers please.
G:Kemba,Payton,Hairston,Henderson,Lin
F:Parker,MKG,Budinger,Mirotic,Salmons
C:R.Lopez,Biyombo,Hickson
Coach: Shaka Smart
Rights to: Bog Bog

« Reply #1717 on: January 12, 2016, 08:04:31 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

DIVISIONAL ROUND

AFC  /  NFC

Game One

(1) Redz - Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers:

vs

( 8 ) Roy H -

Game Two

(2) Slamtheking - Tom Brady, New England Patriots:

vs

(7) KGs Knee -

Game Three

(3) Timdawgg - Carson Palmer, Arizona Cardinals:

vs

(6) 33-00-32 - Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos:

Game Four

(4) ThirstyBoots18 - Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers:

vs

(5) Bahku - Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks:

« Reply #1718 on: January 12, 2016, 08:05:08 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
KGs Knee on the clock

« Reply #1719 on: January 12, 2016, 11:29:26 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
I know Big Ben had a shoulder injury to his throwing arm in that last (dirty) game against the Bengals.  I am just hoping it wasn't bad enough to ruin his (or my) playoffs.  Good luck to you, also, Bahku.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #1720 on: January 12, 2016, 08:19:58 PM »

Online KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
So are we doing head to head for the playoffs this year?  Haven't we usually had it setup where the top 4 scores advance?  Seems to me this leaves open the possibility of the player with the 2nd best score being eliminated.  Is this what we are intending, just curious?

Anyways, I'll have my pick sometime within the next day.  That should give Roy ample time to pick the sole remaining QB, or some other position player.

« Reply #1721 on: January 13, 2016, 09:43:09 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
So are we doing head to head for the playoffs this year?  Haven't we usually had it setup where the top 4 scores advance?  Seems to me this leaves open the possibility of the player with the 2nd best score being eliminated.  Is this what we are intending, just curious?

Anyways, I'll have my pick sometime within the next day.  That should give Roy ample time to pick the sole remaining QB, or some other position player.
that's a good question.  I had pulled the set up from last year which was a head to head. 

If everyone want go to a top 4 scores, I'm open to it but will leave that up to a vote from everyone participating.  I'm abstaining so if 4 people vote to change the format to "top 4 advance" rather than a "head to head" by Thursday night, I'll change the format.  if less than 4 vote to change formats, we'll stick to head to head.

« Reply #1722 on: January 13, 2016, 11:23:14 AM »

Online KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

that's a good question.  I had pulled the set up from last year which was a head to head. 

If everyone want go to a top 4 scores, I'm open to it but will leave that up to a vote from everyone participating.  I'm abstaining so if 4 people vote to change the format to "top 4 advance" rather than a "head to head" by Thursday night, I'll change the format.  if less than 4 vote to change formats, we'll stick to head to head.

Looks like we used the top four total scores, the matchups were, as quoted below, "just for fun".

**  2014 - 2015 PAPTYG Playoffs  **

** Again, the match-ups are just for fun, as it's the total yards scores that will determine who moves on and who doesn't.

« Reply #1723 on: January 13, 2016, 01:13:22 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Looks like we used the top four total scores, the matchups were, as quoted below, "just for fun".

**  2014 - 2015 PAPTYG Playoffs  **

** Again, the match-ups are just for fun, as it's the total yards scores that will determine who moves on and who doesn't.

thanks -- totally missed that.  I won last year so I can't figure out why I didn't remember how it went. 

ok - we'll do top 4 go through to next round.  no head-to-head except for fun.

« Reply #1724 on: January 13, 2016, 03:18:05 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
It was fun last year, so top four is OK by me...(if I lose first round because of the change, disregard this note.  ;) )
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...