Author Topic: 3 team trade idea really helps everyone  (Read 5988 times)

Re: 3 team trade idea really helps everyone
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2014, 04:55:07 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
This trade could go on the "What's the worst trade you can come up with on ESPN's Trade Machine?" article...
What a pleasant first post.
Funny, unpleasant, and true.  All the things I love to see in a CB post.
two out of three ain't bad.  ;D
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2014, 05:06:16 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
here is an article about deing's potential  http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10792969/rookie-watch-all-rookie-teams?ex_cid=espnapi_public
Digest this: In terms of how much these rookies will likely impact the league, Dieng has proved to be the one guy who can lead this class over the next five years or so. Had Minnesota played him from day one, he'd be the Rookie of the Year.

We're talking about the complete package for a center in today's NBA -- rebounding, shot-blocking, paint protection (long arms, quick feet, and active and aggressive hands are the perfect storm), perimeter shooting, quick slashes to the rim, excellent finishing skills in the paint, and a deft feel for interior passing.

Dieng has shown he has all those tools -- which, by the way, also helped his college team win a title last spring. This large and agile man is a double-double machine who has sprinkled in monster games with consistently productive ones. It is fair to suggest that he has All-Star potential.

That sounds like a good argument for why Minnesota isn't likely to trade Dieng.  We should treat Dieng as untouchable in any trade ideas with Minnesota.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2014, 05:06:27 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Dieng is overrated by Saunders. I think we would have better luck trying to get Biz from Jordan or Gobert from Jazz, and both are younger than Dieng.

I am fully aware that I keep repeating my desire to get Gobert/ Biz...and more recently Bruno

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2014, 06:38:26 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
NO!

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2014, 07:14:19 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
There is no way on Earth I give up a future hall of famer in his prime years for a pretty good prospect and a late lotto pick.

Minny makes out like a bandit here

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2014, 10:16:29 PM »

Offline bostonsportsforlife

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
There is no way on Earth I give up a future hall of famer in his prime years for a pretty good prospect and a late lotto pick.

Minny makes out like a bandit here

Eeeh...I'm one of the biggest Rondo fans you'll meet, but Rondo isn't even close to being HOF worthy. He'd need to have prime production consistently for a long time to even be considered.

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2014, 07:30:00 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
It's  just a bad trade for us. Getting 50 cents value on the dollar isn't how you improve your team it's how you stay bad for quite a while.... 

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2014, 08:12:04 AM »

Offline Old Wine

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
SVG has said time after time he does not like Rondo because he has no shooting. Why would we insist in trading/sending Rondo to Detroit?

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2014, 09:54:05 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
SVG has said time after time he does not like Rondo because he has no shooting. Why would we insist in trading/sending Rondo to Detroit?

Anywhere we can read Van Handles saying as much?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2014, 11:06:28 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
To the OP,

Flip is that you?