Poll

Should the Celtics trade for AD?

Yes.  (Tatum in the deal)
22 (44.9%)
No.   (Not worth giving up assets for a one year rental)
19 (38.8%)
Yes but only if Tatum isn't in the deal.
8 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Anthony Davis traded to Lakers(page 272)  (Read 339697 times)

Re: Anthony Davis trade thread(Davis trade request page 33)
« Reply #2595 on: May 15, 2019, 05:55:30 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
To me this is still pretty clear, Tatum is the best realistic asset being discussed, MEM puck is in the running with the 3rd and 4th pivcks for these one best asset, and the CD celtics can offer a surplus of re as reasonable mid to low range assets including Smarts nice contract. If we go Tatum, Smart, pucks I don't know if anybody touches that.

Re: Where Ainge Needs To Draw the Line on Davis Trade Package
« Reply #2596 on: May 15, 2019, 05:56:32 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
I certainly do not trade 14, 19, 22, and next years Memphis pick for this years #4.  That is insane.  14 and Memphis MAYBE.  I agree Tatum is far superior to LAL or NYK player options at his cost especially.  I think they get 2 players (JB and MS would be my best fit for them honestly) plus Memphis and a pick this year.  Zion is a SF.  He is listed at 6'-7" tall.  He is not a PF.  I do not see JT and ZW as good fits.  I think I would rather give up JT to both the MS, JB, but My gut feeling is then would rather have the other two.

Memphis has the #2. It's possible Ainge could trade up to #2, if that was an important part of the package to get Davis.
Remember, these #1 picks are salaried, and you don't want too many of them.

I wonder what it would cost to get Memphis #2? 

Future Memphis #1, #14 & RW3?  It doesn't seem like an overpay but I'm not sure.  I don't know if it's enough either.

I don't think we could get to 2 without including Tatum, and we aren't doing anything that.

« Reply #2597 on: May 15, 2019, 06:13:37 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
I certainly do not trade 14, 19, 22, and next years Memphis pick for this years #4.  That is insane.  14 and Memphis MAYBE.  I agree Tatum is far superior to LAL or NYK player options at his cost especially.  I think they get 2 players (JB and MS would be my best fit for them honestly) plus Memphis and a pick this year.  Zion is a SF.  He is listed at 6'-7" tall.  He is not a PF.  I do not see JT and ZW as good fits.  I think I would rather give up JT to both the MS, JB, but My gut feeling is then would rather have the other two.

Memphis has the #2. It's possible Ainge could trade up to #2, if that was an important part of the package to get Davis.

Future Memphis #1, #14 & RW3?  It doesn't seem like an overpay but I'm not sure.  I don't know if it's enough either.

I don't think we could get to 2 without including Tatum, and we aren't doing anything that.

I'm not sure about that.  If they want to bottom out and don't love this draft, getting their future pick back and not potentially losing a franchise cornerstone in 2021 could be compelling.  I just don't know what sweeteners they'd need.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #2598 on: May 15, 2019, 06:15:02 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I think I would rather give up JT to both the MS, JB, but My gut feeling is then would rather have the other two.

I think they'll ask for Tatum and Brown, and settle for Tatum and Smart, along with several other assets.

Tatum and Memphis as the centerpieces, Smart as a good young player and to match salary, + 1-2 of RW3 and this year's picks I'd imagine.  And I'd do that as long as the other 2 aren't Sacto + Williams both.  Maybe I'd do it anyway.

EDIT - Plus Yabu which will sadden no one except maybe people who love cheerleaders.

But... but... everyone said he'd be the next Draymond Green.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #2599 on: May 15, 2019, 06:20:21 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I'm not sure about that.  If they want to bottom out and don't love this draft, getting their future pick back and not potentially losing a franchise cornerstone in 2021 could be compelling.  I just don't know what sweeteners they'd need.

I suspect that they see Ja Morant as a potential franchise cornerstone.

I don't care how weak this draft is, the #2 pick in 2019 is worth quite a bit more than an unknown pick in 2021.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2600 on: May 15, 2019, 06:30:58 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

I suspect that they see Ja Morant as a potential franchise cornerstone.

I don't care how weak this draft is, the #2 pick in 2019 is worth quite a bit more than an unknown pick in 2021.

Yeah, they probably have to draft Morant unless we bowl them over.  Still, I'm curious what it would take.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #2601 on: May 15, 2019, 06:40:00 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Really don't want to give up Smart...

THAT WILL BREAK MY HEART!

Me too. I love Smart but I don't believe there's a way to make salaries work without him.

We are all in same boat. I’d rather move Hayward than smart.

Hand me an oar. I'll row that boat.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Re: NOTE: Don't Forget, AD's Trade Kicker!
« Reply #2602 on: May 15, 2019, 08:42:27 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I am surprised trade kicker applies when a player demands a trade.

Yeah I truthfully didn't know about it until the Kyrie trade here 2 years ago
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #2603 on: May 15, 2019, 09:15:42 PM »

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 62
Griffin will not trade davis this summer...he has holiday davis zion.. will add some shooters..they are solid

The more I think about it the more I think this will be the case... there are some attractive FA sharpshooters becoming available like Redick and Klay and other top notch all stars... getting one to come to NO shouldn't be impossible... that #1 pick changes a lot

« Reply #2604 on: May 15, 2019, 09:21:53 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Griffin will not trade davis this summer...he has holiday davis zion.. will add some shooters..they are solid

The more I think about it the more I think this will be the case... there are some attractive FA sharpshooters becoming available like Redick and Klay and other top notch all stars... getting one to come to NO shouldn't be impossible... that #1 pick changes a lot
If they try and keep Randle and Payton, which I think they will, they will likely have very little money to throw around at free agents.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #2605 on: May 15, 2019, 10:14:32 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

The problem is, Davis doesn't want to end up on a #3 or #4 seed, which is probably about the best that team could expect for a couple of years.  If NOP keeps him, he'll just walk next summer, and they'll get nothing in return.

If Davis doesn't take the supermax, they're trading him without question.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2606 on: May 15, 2019, 10:20:28 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Memphis has made it known it will be selecting Ja Morant #2. They will not be trading the pick.

« Reply #2607 on: May 15, 2019, 10:20:35 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

The problem is, Davis doesn't want to end up on a #3 or #4 seed, which is probably about the best that team could expect for a couple of years.  If NOP keeps him, he'll just walk next summer, and they'll get nothing in return.

If Davis doesn't take the supermax, they're trading him without question.
zion and Davis doesn't even get the 8 aeed

Re: NOTE: Don't Forget, AD's Trade Kicker!
« Reply #2608 on: May 16, 2019, 05:02:42 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Does the trade kicker take him over the max? Because if so the trade kicker doesn't...kick in...

Can the Pelicans do better than this trade
« Reply #2609 on: May 16, 2019, 12:12:47 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I'm thinking Danny's going to do everything in his power to make a big three of Kyrie Tatum and Davis with Horford and Hayward as your fourth and fifth guy, that looks pretty good.

David Griffin is going to want to build around Zion Williamson Brown smart and Baynes are really nice complementary pieces, with brown having a chance to develop into an All-Star with Zion. The grizzlies pick could be gold and then you also have three other chances in the draft.

Horford
Davis
Tatum
Hayward
Irving

Sign Beverly. Banner 18 coming.