Poll

Should the Celtics trade for AD?

Yes.  (Tatum in the deal)
22 (44.9%)
No.   (Not worth giving up assets for a one year rental)
19 (38.8%)
Yes but only if Tatum isn't in the deal.
8 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Anthony Davis traded to Lakers(page 272)  (Read 342441 times)

Re: Anthony Davis trade thread(Davis trade request page 33)
« Reply #2535 on: May 15, 2019, 01:13:35 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
lets not forget one other thing

Griffin and Danny were competing GMs for many years.  Who knows if they even like each other

Also all gms already know, not be taken advantage by trader Danny. And due to this, will probably want "extra"

at the end of the day don't expect a good fair deal....which many think is Tatum, Smart and a bunch of 1sts

Griffin could end up taking the Celts for a ride/string them along to try to drive up the price

example

Extract #3 pick from Knicks, Knox, Smith Jr. etc ....especially if Knicks are set on trying to put together a AD, Durant, Irving trio

Extract #4 pick from Lakers, Ingram, Ball, Kuzma....and flip these three for 1sts, prospects etc.  Last season Lakers last straw was to include all three.  And at the last sec, ended up offering all three. Now can add #4

Those deals are not as good as not even the best deal Boston can offer.

You really must dislike Boston, well everyone except for Rozier

I don't dislike the Celtics... far from it

But I will not sellout the team , especially the young guys....for moody, pouty player like Irving

My want is to just keep continuing to build from last seasons playoff run

« Reply #2536 on: May 15, 2019, 01:28:54 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
It appears the possibility of playing with Zion Williams has done little to change the mind of .

According to Shams Charania of The Athletic, the New Orleans Pelicans winning Tuesday's draft lottery has not changed Davis' stance on wanting a trade.

Re: Where Ainge Needs To Draw the Line on Davis Trade Package
« Reply #2537 on: May 15, 2019, 01:29:06 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
The Lakers have Ball, Kuzma, Ingram, and the #4 pick

If we want to beat that offer it has to be Smart, Brown, Tatum

exactly

not just Tatum, Smart and a bunch of crappy picks. Plus a memphis pick that may turn out be just ok

the downgrading on Kuzma, Ingram and Ball is also hilarious.  They are not trash. Far from it

Two injured players and a role player is not so great.

« Reply #2538 on: May 15, 2019, 01:30:13 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Griffin and Danny were competing GMs for many years.  Who knows if they even like each other

Also all gms already know, not be taken advantage by trader Danny. And due to this, will probably want "extra"

at the end of the day don't expect a good fair deal....which many think is Tatum, Smart and a bunch of 1sts

Griffin could end up taking the Celts for a ride/string them along to try to drive up the price

example

Extract #3 pick from Knicks, Knox, Smith Jr. etc ....especially if Knicks are set on trying to put together a AD, Durant, Irving trio

Extract #4 pick from Lakers, Ingram, Ball, Kuzma....and flip these three for 1sts, prospects etc.  Last season Lakers last straw was to include all three.  And at the last sec, ended up offering all three. Now can add #4

Griffin and Ainge are actually friends as Danny helped get his start.

“[Ainge] was a person that had a really big impact on my having an ability to get into scouting in the first place because he was giving me far more credit than I deserved for the players that I was ‘finding’ on video tape,” Griffin joked.

“Danny is not unique in that. He has a very specific style. What makes the situation with Danny unique is we have the type of relationship where we can really call each other on all that nonsense and just sort of go, this is what it looks like. Because we have that ability it makes any conversation we have along the way, a fruitful one.”

https://www.nola.com/pelicans/2019/04/david-griffin-on-staff-changes-team-makeup-and-his-relationship-with-danny-ainge.html
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #2539 on: May 15, 2019, 01:36:32 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

example

Griffin and Ainge are actually friends as Danny helped get his start.

“[Ainge] was a person that had a really big impact on my having an ability to get into scouting in the first place because he was giving me far more credit than I deserved for the players that I was ‘finding’ on video tape,” Griffin joked.

“Danny is not unique in that. He has a very specific style. What makes the situation with Danny unique is we have the type of relationship where we can really call each other on all that nonsense and just sort of go, this is what it looks like. Because we have that ability it makes any conversation we have along the way, a fruitful one.”

https://www.nola.com/pelicans/2019/04/david-griffin-on-staff-changes-team-makeup-and-his-relationship-with-danny-ainge.html

better than disliking each other

« Reply #2540 on: May 15, 2019, 01:45:25 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
We need to draw a distinction between "winning the trade" and "getting AD" - not renting.

Most persons are expressing what it would take to win the trade, but that is not the same as "getting AD". I've mentioned before, the most I'd be willing to give up to win the trade is Smart with picks... if that's not enough for NO, then good for them.
So yeah, no need for you to waste another moment if that's what you're willing to give up.

« Reply #2541 on: May 15, 2019, 01:46:37 PM »

Offline MichiganAdam

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 16
And the #4 pick is most certainly not equal to (4) #1 picks...especially in a draft with a consensus of only 3 top players.  I think they get a max of (4) of the 7 assets(MS,JT,JB, (4) #1's.  My line is 4.  Salary filler and 2nd rnd picks mean nothing.

« Reply #2542 on: May 15, 2019, 01:49:12 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
The Lakers have Ball, Kuzma, Ingram, and the #4 pick

If we want to beat that offer it has to be Smart, Brown, Tatum

Ingram might never play in the nba again, Ball's media circus has publically stated that he would never play in New Orleans And Kuzma?

wow, you grossly overrate Lakers talent and grossly underestimate Bostons.

Tatum is better than anyone being offered from LA. Ball and pick number 4 does not get you to Tatums value.

In fact, I would go so far as to say that Ball, #4, Ingram (medically unstable and has HUGE questionmarks.) are not worth Tatum alone.

« Reply #2543 on: May 15, 2019, 01:49:50 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
And the #4 pick is most certainly not equal to (4) #1 picks...especially in a draft with a consensus of only 3 top players.  I think they get a max of (4) of the 7 assets(MS,JT,JB, (4) #1's.  My line is 4.  Salary filler and 2nd rnd picks mean nothing.
I disagree.  While I understand that this is a three player draft (though we know there will be sleepers), I may not want to draft guys in the teens and twenties.  Most of those are misses and then you just end up with a bunch of guaranteed contracts.  Would probably rather have one shot at the next best player.

« Reply #2544 on: May 15, 2019, 01:51:43 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
I disagree.  While I understand that this is a three player draft (though we know there will be sleepers), I may not want to draft guys in the teens and twenties.  Most of those are misses and then you just end up with a bunch of guaranteed contracts.  Would probably rather have one shot at the next best player.

the teens and 20s hold alot of good value assets.

Cheap players, locked up for a while.

You probably are not getting superstars, maybe not even allstars, but you are getting talent for cheap.

« Reply #2545 on: May 15, 2019, 01:56:12 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas

You probably are not getting superstars, maybe not even allstars, but you are getting talent for cheap.
Sure, one could argue that way.  My point is that I think it's not obvious one way or the other and the ultimate value may depend on the team.

Re: NOTE: Don't Forget, AD's Trade Kicker!
« Reply #2546 on: May 15, 2019, 02:02:25 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2951
  • On To Banner 18!
Wouldn't this be something AD, his agents and the Celtics Front Office discuss beforehand? Like I'm pretty sure in the Kyrie trade, his agents and Danny talked and Danny made the offer and deal knowing Kyrie was waiving it. I imagine there'll be some communication between the Celtics Front Office and Davis before July 1.

If a trade kicker becomes an obstacle, they'd know before formally submitting an offer or they'd definitely find out after the initial offer if Pels and AD's agents say he's not waiving the trade kicker and offer needs to be adjusted.

I don't know how tampering rules work, but I assume after the Finals they can discuss since technically AD is not a Free Agent although it would likely be his reps talking with Ainge and the FO, not AD directly.

With permission, the Celtics would be able to directly talk to AD. But in order for this to work New Orleans would also need to know so I think they'd all be talking to each other and it would be legal.

Oh ok. TP and thanks!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #2547 on: May 15, 2019, 02:07:20 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
I doubt he refuses to waive it.

It makes a deal more difficult, and he wants out.

Yeah, but he could also use it as a bit of leverage if he absolutely has his eyes set for NY or LA

true, I dont think he does, but yeah, true

« Reply #2548 on: May 15, 2019, 02:08:58 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2951
  • On To Banner 18!
I doubt he refuses to waive it.

It makes a deal more difficult, and he wants out.

Yeah, but he could also use it as a bit of leverage if he absolutely has his eyes set for NY or LA

true, I dont think he does, but yeah, true

At this point I have zero clue what's going to happen and where everything/everyone's at  :P

And it'll probably be this way for the next 3 weeks. But I guess that's what makes the offseason exciting
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #2549 on: May 15, 2019, 02:09:05 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

Sure, one could argue that way.  My point is that I think it's not obvious one way or the other and the ultimate value may depend on the team.

I agree.

Number 4 hold more value than the picks Boston has (excluding Memphis).

But bostons players hold more value than the Lakers, by a good bit.