Poll

Should the Celtics trade for AD?

Yes.  (Tatum in the deal)
22 (44.9%)
No.   (Not worth giving up assets for a one year rental)
19 (38.8%)
Yes but only if Tatum isn't in the deal.
8 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Anthony Davis traded to Lakers(page 272)  (Read 342982 times)

Re: Where Ainge Needs To Draw the Line on Davis Trade Package
« Reply #2520 on: May 15, 2019, 12:30:46 PM »

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 62
We need to draw a distinction between "winning the trade" and "getting AD" - not renting.

Most persons are expressing what it would take to win the trade, but that is not the same as "getting AD". I've mentioned before, the most I'd be willing to give up to win the trade is Smart with picks... if that's not enough for NO, then good for them.

Re: NOTE: Don't Forget, AD's Trade Kicker!
« Reply #2521 on: May 15, 2019, 12:31:21 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I doubt he refuses to waive it.

It makes a deal more difficult, and he wants out.

does he want out or does he want to join the Lakers?

reminder: His agent is basically LEbrons ****

« Reply #2522 on: May 15, 2019, 12:31:24 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
A lot of people now are posting AD trade ideas and trying to work out salaries in them.

We'd have to send out 21.6M in salaries for a trade to be facilitated. That could happen in the form of players, and also signed picks after the Draft (using their salaries in the trade, too).

But the 21.6M ASSUMES AD waives his trade kicker to come here. IF he doesn't, then we'd actually have to send out 24M in salary to bring in AD.

Why is this important?

1. Well, obviously considering the assets we have and some difficulty trying to facilitate a trade while not gutting the team in the process, that extra ~2-3M would likely mean forking over another asset, possibly even another young player.

2. The main reason? If AD refuses to waive his trade kicker to come here, then it's probably a sign... a sign that he has NO intention of staying here after the 2019-2020 season. Kyrie waived his trade kicker to come here. Leonard was reportedly going to as well but they didn't need to since the Raptors gave up DeRozan and so salary-matching was zero issue at all. If AD wanted to come here and also help his situation in Boston, he'd waive his trade kicker so maybe we don't have to give up too much and we'd still keep a great team around AD. But if he doesn't, then I think that's a warning sign that Ainge needs to re-consider an AD trade, also given his rental status.

Just wanted to put this out there. Hope this is a bit helpful!

a good point

But Leonard did not waive his trade kicker

Yeah, because he didn't need to as I mentioned in the post. DeRozan FOR Leonard + Green worked perfectly for salaries pretty much. I imagine if there were salary constraints, Leonard would have waived it to help out the team IF he was serious about leaving the Spurs and was fine with the Raptors.

the reality is that i doubt Leonard wanted to move to Toronto, out of all places

i think he wouldn't have waived the kicker unless he was traded to a team he preferred to join. Like the Clippers

Yep, this is true.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: Anthony Davis trade thread(Davis trade request page 33)
« Reply #2523 on: May 15, 2019, 12:34:48 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
one other small but key detail is

lets not forget AD agent is Lebrons little @#@#$

You have to question why AD signed with him

« Reply #2524 on: May 15, 2019, 12:34:54 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
I don't understand the AD trade talks on this site. He signed with Lebron's agent. I don't think the Celtics have a chance to sign him. They won't trade major assets unless they know he will sign in Boston.

I don't believe that AD wants to sign a deal with Boston for the longterm.

Please convince me why the Celtics should trade for a guy that will leave in one year.

I would think the Lakers would give New Orleans the best offer (given that he would actually sign in LA). #4, Ingram, and Lonzo should get it done for Davis on an expiring deal.

Danny shouldn't try to match this trade, unless something changes and AD wants to come to Boston.

I feel that some are in denial around here. I'm usually an optimist, but I think Kyrie is gone and AD has his eyes on somewhere else.

« Reply #2525 on: May 15, 2019, 12:36:17 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
I doubt he refuses to waive it.

It makes a deal more difficult, and he wants out.

Yeah, but he could also use it as a bit of leverage if he absolutely has his eyes set for NY or LA

« Reply #2526 on: May 15, 2019, 12:37:15 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Lol right now, there's 7 AD threads and 1 Ricky Rubio thread in the "Latest Discussion" box  :P :laugh:

« Reply #2527 on: May 15, 2019, 12:38:40 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Wouldn't this be something AD, his agents and the Celtics Front Office discuss beforehand? Like I'm pretty sure in the Kyrie trade, his agents and Danny talked and Danny made the offer and deal knowing Kyrie was waiving it. I imagine there'll be some communication between the Celtics Front Office and Davis before July 1.

If a trade kicker becomes an obstacle, they'd know before formally submitting an offer or they'd definitely find out after the initial offer if Pels and AD's agents say he's not waiving the trade kicker and offer needs to be adjusted.

I don't know how tampering rules work, but I assume after the Finals they can discuss since technically AD is not a Free Agent although it would likely be his reps talking with Ainge and the FO, not AD directly.

« Reply #2528 on: May 15, 2019, 12:41:27 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I don't understand the AD trade talks on this site. He signed with Lebron's agent. I don't think the Celtics have a chance to sign him. They won't trade major assets unless they know he will sign in Boston.

I don't believe that AD wants to sign a deal with Boston for the longterm.

Please convince me why the Celtics should trade for a guy that will leave in one year.

I would think the Lakers would give New Orleans the best offer (given that he would actually sign in LA). #4, Ingram, and Lonzo should get it done for Davis on an expiring deal.

Danny shouldn't try to match this trade, unless something changes and AD wants to come to Boston.

I feel that some are in denial around here. I'm usually an optimist, but I think Kyrie is gone and AD has his eyes on somewhere else.

its because folks are desperate

this is understandable

but the risk without a payday could end up becoming disastrous .  Maybe even worst than 2015-2017 Nets level

« Reply #2529 on: May 15, 2019, 12:43:33 PM »

Offline CelticsCeltics

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 3
The Lakers have Ball, Kuzma, Ingram, and the #4 pick

If we want to beat that offer it has to be Smart, Brown, Tatum

« Reply #2530 on: May 15, 2019, 12:45:36 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Wouldn't this be something AD, his agents and the Celtics Front Office discuss beforehand? Like I'm pretty sure in the Kyrie trade, his agents and Danny talked and Danny made the offer and deal knowing Kyrie was waiving it. I imagine there'll be some communication between the Celtics Front Office and Davis before July 1.

If a trade kicker becomes an obstacle, they'd know before formally submitting an offer or they'd definitely find out after the initial offer if Pels and AD's agents say he's not waiving the trade kicker and offer needs to be adjusted.

I don't know how tampering rules work, but I assume after the Finals they can discuss since technically AD is not a Free Agent although it would likely be his reps talking with Ainge and the FO, not AD directly.

With permission, the Celtics would be able to directly talk to AD. But in order for this to work New Orleans would also need to know so I think they'd all be talking to each other and it would be legal.

« Reply #2531 on: May 15, 2019, 12:47:02 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
The Lakers have Ball, Kuzma, Ingram, and the #4 pick

If we want to beat that offer it has to be Smart, Brown, Tatum

exactly

not just Tatum, Smart and a bunch of crappy picks. Plus a memphis pick that may turn out be just ok

the downgrading on Kuzma, Ingram and Ball is also hilarious.  They are not trash. Far from it

« Reply #2532 on: May 15, 2019, 12:47:09 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Lol right now, there's 7 AD threads and 1 Ricky Rubio thread in the "Latest Discussion" box  :P :laugh:

lol It would be nice to have an off-season "If we don't land Kyrie and AD" thread.  There's only so much that can be said about AD and Kyrie at this point.  I'm ready to discuss alternatives, mainly because there are a TON of potential options.

« Reply #2533 on: May 15, 2019, 12:58:38 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
lets not forget one other thing

Griffin and Danny were competing GMs for many years.  Who knows if they even like each other

Also all gms already know, not be taken advantage by trader Danny. And due to this, will probably want "extra"

at the end of the day don't expect a good fair deal....which many think is Tatum, Smart and a bunch of 1sts

Griffin could end up taking the Celts for a ride/string them along to try to drive up the price

example

Extract #3 pick from Knicks, Knox, Smith Jr. etc ....especially if Knicks are set on trying to put together a AD, Durant, Irving trio

Extract #4 pick from Lakers, Ingram, Ball, Kuzma....and flip these three for 1sts, prospects etc.  Last season Lakers last straw was to include all three.  And at the last sec, ended up offering all three. Now can add #4

« Reply #2534 on: May 15, 2019, 01:00:52 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
lets not forget one other thing

Griffin and Danny were competing GMs for many years.  Who knows if they even like each other

Also all gms already know, not be taken advantage by trader Danny. And due to this, will probably want "extra"

at the end of the day don't expect a good fair deal....which many think is Tatum, Smart and a bunch of 1sts

Griffin could end up taking the Celts for a ride/string them along to try to drive up the price

example

Extract #3 pick from Knicks, Knox, Smith Jr. etc ....especially if Knicks are set on trying to put together a AD, Durant, Irving trio

Extract #4 pick from Lakers, Ingram, Ball, Kuzma....and flip these three for 1sts, prospects etc.  Last season Lakers last straw was to include all three.  And at the last sec, ended up offering all three. Now can add #4

Those deals are not as good as not even the best deal Boston can offer.

You really must dislike Boston, well everyone except for Rozier