Author Topic: So, Neymar to PSG. This is crazy!  (Read 20155 times)

Re: So, Neymar to PSG. This is crazy!
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2017, 01:47:35 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
It is official

Barcelona just announced the transfer

« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2017, 02:47:00 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
It is official

Barcelona just announced the transfer

Now it's a matter of who replaces him?

There's this little fun game for that.

https://www.barcablaugranes.com/2017/8/2/16084194/neymar-replacement-dybala-griezmann-mbappe-dembele-psg
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2017, 03:09:06 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
Juventus says Dybala is not for sale and i don't think Dybala wants to play with Messi

« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2017, 04:51:12 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
La Liga is blocking the move. Can a league do that?

http://www.espnfc.com/soccer-transfers/story/3171271/la-liga-refuses-to-accept-psg-cash-for-barcelonas-neymar?sf103429605=1

I read this earlier

La Liga is understood to have also explained that it is unclear on the origins of the money and that under its regulations only Spanish clubs have the guaranteed right to buy out a contract. The league has repeatedly accepted buyout clause deposits from foreign clubs. It would not be able to reject the money if Neymar himself turned up to pay it.

The league’s stance is delaying the transfer but will not halt it.

This doesn't help Barcelona at all.

The transfer window is closing, and the more they stall this, the less time they have to find a replacement. Even if they are successful, what makes them think that Neymar would be just fine to come back to the Nou Camp.

This is a huge blow to Barca, not only because of its potential effects on the pitch, but in a psychological sense, as well.  PSG just swooped in, grabbed the future face of the club, and flew off with him in its talons.  I'm guessing that this is going down quite well in Doha, especially given the current political confrontation between Qatar and the other gulf states. 

It will be fascinating to see what Barca does with this big pot of money.  Will some of it be utilized to pay off a bit of the nearly $300 million in debt it is carrying?  Or will it all be used to fund incoming transfers? 

« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2017, 10:11:54 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Also question for Arsenal fans: you guys paying for Mbappe? Dude is available for a reasonable price of 180 million euros. Selling Sanchez and Ozil should raise a good chunk of the fees, they're not staying anyways lol.

No. Maybe if it's £80 million and 1 we could.

I think Ozil stays, from what I've been reading, it's likely he stays. I've been ready to move on from Alexis Sanchez since the start of the window, whatever happens, I'm prepared for it. I think the only thing I'm not prepared for is if he goes to Tottenham.

We need another CM, preferably that Leon Goretzka kid from Schalke that have been linked. We need a Santi Cazorla replacement, and it drives me nuts that we keep insisting on Thomas Lemar, when Monaco is playing the ultimate hardball.

Also question for Arsenal fans: you guys paying for Mbappe? Dude is available for a reasonable price of 180 million euros. Selling Sanchez and Ozil should raise a good chunk of the fees, they're not staying anyways lol.
is that a joke?.
i'm an arsenal fan, on strike thou, until Wangers gets sacked or until they burn him alive. Arsenal will never win anything again with him on helm, who cares about the FA cup when you finish 5th and get embarassed 10-2 against bayern, and every year another team(Man utd 8-2, Chelsea 6-0 etc...)

You not excited for Lacazette? I mean, I'm Wenger Out too, but Lacazette...
yeah, great addition, but IMHO Wenger cant get our players in the right mindset anymore, he lost the lockerroom last year in the last third of the year.
BTW i'll be at the Arsenal vs Brighton game in October

Nice! And I agree. I hope his last two years will include a transition year where we set up some sort of a structure that would take over when he's gone. I want him out, but we really don't have that kind of a structure in place for a new manager to come in. He does pretty much everything for this club.
Well...imo you guys shouldn't be all gloom and doom...Wenger is now willing to spend for players and he offered 120 million pounds for Mbappe before iirc, only to get rejected. If he sells some players who he doesn't see eye to eye with like Sanchez, I think you guys are only paying 100 million euros for Mbappe with the rest being covered by the money you get from selling, which is an absolute steal for such a sensational young player. Arsenal does look good this season, I can see them winning a double (2 out of EFL Cup,FA Cup and EL), think that's a pretty good result for you guys after a down season. As for Wenger out he's retiring from few years later anyways, so let him do whatever he wants lol, dude is a legendary manager.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2017, 10:14:21 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
La Liga is blocking the move. Can a league do that?

http://www.espnfc.com/soccer-transfers/story/3171271/la-liga-refuses-to-accept-psg-cash-for-barcelonas-neymar?sf103429605=1

I read this earlier

La Liga is understood to have also explained that it is unclear on the origins of the money and that under its regulations only Spanish clubs have the guaranteed right to buy out a contract. The league has repeatedly accepted buyout clause deposits from foreign clubs. It would not be able to reject the money if Neymar himself turned up to pay it.

The league’s stance is delaying the transfer but will not halt it.

This doesn't help Barcelona at all.

The transfer window is closing, and the more they stall this, the less time they have to find a replacement. Even if they are successful, what makes them think that Neymar would be just fine to come back to the Nou Camp.

This is a huge blow to Barca, not only because of its potential effects on the pitch, but in a psychological sense, as well.  PSG just swooped in, grabbed the future face of the club, and flew off with him in its talons.  I'm guessing that this is going down quite well in Doha, especially given the current political confrontation between Qatar and the other gulf states. 

It will be fascinating to see what Barca does with this big pot of money.  Will some of it be utilized to pay off a bit of the nearly $300 million in debt it is carrying?  Or will it all be used to fund incoming transfers?
I don't think anyone would sell to them, Barca has been doing this for years. Imo this is the start of the fall of La Liga, Barca won't be as strong and Real will follow after Ronaldo ages. Good for us PL fans, we're eventually getting 6 CL spots 8)
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2017, 10:18:40 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
is that a joke?.
i'm an arsenal fan, on strike thou, until Wangers gets sacked or until they burn him alive. Arsenal will never win anything again with him on helm, who cares about the FA cup when you finish 5th and get embarassed 10-2 against bayern, and every year another team(Man utd 8-2, Chelsea 6-0 etc...)
PSG made a great move, he will be worth of the money and Barca will still be Barca with Messi, that guy is unreal.
I'll be seeing you singing Wenger's praises when Arsenal wins a double this year.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2017, 11:41:43 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
is that a joke?.
PSG made a great move, he will be worth of the money and Barca will still be Barca with Messi, that guy is unreal.
I'll be seeing you singing Wenger's praises when Arsenal wins a double this year.

Excuse me? We will win the Treble this year, add the Europa League trophy to that.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2017, 01:08:02 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
is that a joke?.
this years arsenal will struggle to make it into top 4. at least we don't have to worry about playing Real, Barca or Bayern this year
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2017, 01:52:12 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
is that a joke?.
this years arsenal will struggle to make it into top 4. at least we don't have to worry about playing Real, Barca or Bayern this year

Um is that a shot at United lol, imo we can beat those teams.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2017, 11:19:26 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
marca the spanish sports newspaper reports that PSG got Mpape too for 160m  :o

€155 million for Mbappe
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2017, 02:43:55 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Holy crap!

Paris Saint-Germain have agreed a €155m (£143m) fee with Monaco for Kylian Mbappé which could rise to €188m (£174m) with potential add-ons. They have agreed the terms of a five-year deal with the player, but are yet to convince Uefa that they will be able to comply with financial fair play rules if they sign the young Frenchman in the same window as paying €222m (£198m) for Neymar.

How in the world can they afford to pay €155 million for Mbappe after €222 million for Neymar!?

« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2017, 02:55:47 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
Considering the owner is a fund from Qatar everything is easy!

In order to avoid FFP problems the player will join PSG this year on loan with the condition that PSG will buy him to matter what next summer