Author Topic: Celtics (8-2) at Hawks (2-8) Game #11 11/6/17  (Read 43663 times)

Re: Celtics (8-2) at Hawks (2-8) Game #11 11/6/17
« Reply #465 on: November 06, 2017, 10:21:08 PM »

Online knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
The Celtics success this year is IN SPITE of Kyrie. We are really just motivated by the memory of IT last year.

And Crowder of course, lol.

« Reply #466 on: November 06, 2017, 10:21:13 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Where are all those loud Kyrie doubters now?

Seriously.

They're going to insist that they are right until he wins the Celtics a championship.  Stubborn.

I think they’re going to insist that Kyrie has yet to show he’s as good as IT, let alone better. Then throw in the BRK pick, Crowder, Zizic.

IT had 31 games of 30+ points last season. Kyrie has one.  He’s an exciting player, and a very good one, but that doesn’t mean we got good value.

Roy, you're clearly just being stubborn based on preconceived notions. Kyrie isn't being asked to score as much on this as Isaiah was last year. That said, two of the very things you questioned and harped on, defense and passing, Irving has shown to be way better than Thomas was. Agree?

Nope.

You really don't think irvings defense this year has been better than IT's was all of last year (and the year before that)?

Props for engaging an obstinate “Nope.” We need politicians like you

« Reply #467 on: November 06, 2017, 10:22:16 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Roy H....IT4 is gone

Embrace Kyrie

New fireballa in town!

« Reply #468 on: November 06, 2017, 10:22:56 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Seriously.

They're going to insist that they are right until he wins the Celtics a championship.  Stubborn.

I think they’re going to insist that Kyrie has yet to show he’s as good as IT, let alone better. Then throw in the BRK pick, Crowder, Zizic.

IT had 31 games of 30+ points last season. Kyrie has one.  He’s an exciting player, and a very good one, but that doesn’t mean we got good value.

Roy, you're clearly just being stubborn based on preconceived notions. Kyrie isn't being asked to score as much on this as Isaiah was last year. That said, two of the very things you questioned and harped on, defense and passing, Irving has shown to be way better than Thomas was. Agree?

Nope.

::) I'll just leave it out here.

« Reply #469 on: November 06, 2017, 10:23:05 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
The Celtics success this year is IN SPITE of Kyrie. We are really just motivated by the memory of IT last year.

In all honesty, it seems our team defense is much more effective with the the extra two inches at SG and the extra 5 inches at PG. Individual talent doesn’t necessarily translate to more efficiency as a team!

« Reply #470 on: November 06, 2017, 10:23:09 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Roy H....IT4 is gone

Embrace Kyrie

New fireballa in town!

And an upgraded model at that.

« Reply #471 on: November 06, 2017, 10:23:19 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559

Seriously.

I don't understand how this debate continues, add in Irving's MUCH better defense, and passing and it's no contest. Defense is an important factor in any sport.

Some just can't tolerate being proven wrong.

All I know is we have a team that has the best record in the NBA all while staring two 20-year-olds.

The potential of this team is getting scary.

« Reply #472 on: November 06, 2017, 10:23:39 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
Classic trap game - but they still got it done.  This team is hungry the same way the 08 team was.

a game like this back to back on the road you just get a W and get outta athere. we did that. no style points needed tonight. a win is a win. this is pro ball.  now we can prep and rest for lakers wednesday. that should be a doozie.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #473 on: November 06, 2017, 10:24:23 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

wait........you did not realize semi is jae crowder wearing a semi mask and jersey?
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #474 on: November 06, 2017, 10:24:52 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141

Seriously.

Nope.

::) I'll just leave it out here.

Maybe one more time.

Really hard for me to believe someone thinks IT is a better defender or passer than Kyrie.

« Reply #475 on: November 06, 2017, 10:25:01 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1391

Seriously.

Nope.

You really don't think irvings defense this year has been better than IT's was all of last year (and the year before that)?

Props for engaging an obstinate “Nope.” We need politicians like you

I wasn't sure if Roy was saying "nope" because of the passing. If he doesn't believe irvings defense has been better I would like his explanation. He is a smart guy

« Reply #476 on: November 06, 2017, 10:25:09 PM »

Online knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
On CSN right now, why is Horford so much better this year? 

My take...Irving.

« Reply #477 on: November 06, 2017, 10:26:05 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Well I for one am glade we have Kyrie Irving on this team and i thank him for his part in this win. 

Go Kyrie ...Go Celtics !

« Reply #478 on: November 06, 2017, 10:26:16 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

Seriously.

I don't understand how this debate continues, add in Irving's MUCH better defense, and passing and it's no contest. Defense is an important factor in any sport.

Some just can't tolerate being proven wrong.

All I know is we have a team that has the best record in the NBA all while staring two 20-year-olds.

The potential of this team is getting scary.

[/quote

amen. scary good.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #479 on: November 06, 2017, 10:27:00 PM »

Online knuckleballer

• Paul Silas

In all honesty, it seems our team defense is much more effective with the the extra two inches at SG and the extra 5 inches at PG. Individual talent doesn’t necessarily translate to more efficiency as a team!

The length and athleticism at the wing positions has been huge for our defense and rebounding.