Author Topic: This team is just - Refreshing  (Read 9681 times)

Re: This team is just - Refreshing
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2017, 12:25:17 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I agree with all the posters and the thread premise.
The talent level from the last years team to this years has risen steeply. It is truly refreshing. Another dearing sight is our great size/lenght. From 1-3 spots we "grew" 4 inches on average, while not giving up much or any speed and quickness. We are also 1st in defensive rating (small sample size) and it seems as we don't have to be scientists to corelate that with the lenght increasment.
Kyrie always has some unsold tricks. Al is the profesor to both our young players and oponents. I really also enjoy seeing Brad creating with some serious material and not just what is put in front of him. He earned his right.
Keep it going!
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2017, 12:53:37 PM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
Agree with all of the above - and especially with the bit about how good we would be with Hayward available.

On that front, though, I don't think it's crazy to see this team still compete for a Finals berth in the East. Much has yet to play out and I certainly won't write off the Cavs (or Wizards or any other team). With that said, there's a chance that we are actually a better team right now than we were last season and Cleveland is a worse team than they were last season.

That is, many feared (myself included) our odds for a deep playoff run went out with Gordon. That may play out still but I don't think it's a foregone conclusion.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2017, 12:57:43 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Things are going to get interesting when Morris comes back

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2017, 01:17:07 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Last year I did not purchase league pass.  This year I did. Honestly I did not like last years team at all because all I saw was what they were.  A feel good story with the same ending.  This years team is primed to be good to great for many years.  That they are young and cohesive already is a very hopeful and exciting sign.  So nice to have a TEAM and not a one man show and some role players

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2017, 02:42:04 PM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Last year I did not purchase league pass.  This year I did. Honestly I did not like last years team at all because all I saw was what they were.  A feel good story with the same ending.  This years team is primed to be good to great for many years.  That they are young and cohesive already is a very hopeful and exciting sign.  So nice to have a TEAM and not a one man show and some role players

Sharing the same thoughts. Last year's team reached their ceiling and we all knew that. This year's team already seems a better but more important, it has just started and it will grow more and more with these young guys arund Kyrie and Hoeford. Not to mention when Gordon is back.

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2017, 03:32:04 PM »

Offline Mike Pemulis

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 38
Our next 8 games are all vs inferior opponents (aside from OKC and TOR) and the 9th is vs. Golden State. Anyone have the Spaldings to predict a 13 game win streak?
Allston, MA --> Enfield Tennis Academy

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2017, 04:09:44 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
we have a plethora of guys that can get their own shot at any time, all of those guys can and will drive to the basket and have the ability to finish.

it's so refreshing to not see possessions end in an abrupt pull up jumper from 20'. marcus still needs to learn.

also refreshing to see hard defense being played and to have it pay off. what I mean by that is as hard and great of a defender as AB was/is - he was undersized in a lot of his match ups. also this team isn't having to compensate for the lack of IT's height either.

it's just nice to see this team win with it's talent and not having to play balls to the wall and almost perfect basketball to get a measly win.

You are right... we have team now, and not an overachieving collection of players. The last two years we had to play our best to win, so that come playoff time there was no extra gear to call upon. Now we are cruising, and come playoff time barring injury that extra gear will be there.

This is exactly how I feel...Anyone who complained about getting rid of IT/Crowder/Avery/KO/Amir, must not have seen us get Destroyed in the ECF by like 40+ points in each loss.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2017, 04:59:51 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
we have a plethora of guys that can get their own shot at any time, all of those guys can and will drive to the basket and have the ability to finish.

it's so refreshing to not see possessions end in an abrupt pull up jumper from 20'. marcus still needs to learn.

also refreshing to see hard defense being played and to have it pay off. what I mean by that is as hard and great of a defender as AB was/is - he was undersized in a lot of his match ups. also this team isn't having to compensate for the lack of IT's height either.

it's just nice to see this team win with it's talent and not having to play balls to the wall and almost perfect basketball to get a measly win.

You are right... we have team now, and not an overachieving collection of players. The last two years we had to play our best to win, so that come playoff time there was no extra gear to call upon. Now we are cruising, and come playoff time barring injury that extra gear will be there.

This is exactly how I feel...Anyone who complained about getting rid of IT/Crowder/Avery/KO/Amir, must not have seen us get Destroyed in the ECF by like 40+ points in each loss.

Agreed! We have talent, size, length, speed, skills it's wonderful. We would be crushing it if we had Hayward!

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2017, 07:22:07 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Main difference between this roster an last year's is perimeter length and athleticism.  It is making a huge difference on defense and on the boards.

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2017, 07:45:52 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Main difference between this roster an last year's is perimeter length and athleticism.  It is making a huge difference on defense and on the boards.

Plus, the added Muscle helps...gonna be even better when Morris starts playing.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2017, 04:59:47 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
another refreshing aspect to this yr's team is we have a superstar player that doesn't need a million picks to free him up for a shot.

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2017, 05:02:13 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I just love this team with everything I have. The defense and rebounding to go with a multitude of shot creators is just so rewarding. Also I love having a size advantage across the board most nights.
#JKJB

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2017, 06:07:20 PM »

Offline Hank Finkel

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
I was very concerned losing most of our players from last years team and then Hayward goes down. This years team has made forget them already. It's going to be another enjoyable celtics season even missing Hayward.  I am wondering who DA might pick up as the season goes on especially if we keep playing this well.  You know there will be some injuries and some bumps in the road and getting an extra experienced player will certainly help. 
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 07:01:53 PM by Hank Finkel »

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2017, 07:12:03 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
They’re like a Bombay Sapphire and Tonic on a summer day and I am digging it.

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2017, 07:12:31 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48

Amen