Author Topic: Boston Celtics vs OKC Thunder Scrimmage #1 7/24/20  (Read 16650 times)

Re: Boston Celtics vs OKC Thunder Scrimmage #1 7/24/20
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2020, 10:04:31 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
thanks FLC! it is great to see a game thread by you once more. a well deserved and long over due TP is headed to you.

i dont even care what the final score is....okay, i'm lying. i hope the celtics beat the evil and stinky thunder like rented mules.  ;D

gooooooooooooooooooooooooo scrimmaging celtics!!
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2020, 12:42:56 PM »

Offline CaNdyMaN1369

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 151
Let's Go Celtics!!!             :D                    Beat the Thunder!!!
even in a scrimmage...              :P

TP...          FLCF...

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2020, 02:13:02 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I'm looking forward to seeing Robert Williams. Players have been raving about how much he has improved, I want to see if its legit.

Im curious to see Langford's new jump-shot too. He says he's reworked it and its much much more fluid:

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2020/07/boston-celtics-rookie-romeo-langford-revamped-jumper-is-more-fluid-its-more-natural-to-me-now.html

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2020, 02:36:23 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
I'm looking forward to seeing Robert Williams. Players have been raving about how much he has improved, I want to see if its legit.

Im curious to see Langford's new jump-shot too. He says he's reworked it and its much much more fluid:

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2020/07/boston-celtics-rookie-romeo-langford-revamped-jumper-is-more-fluid-its-more-natural-to-me-now.html

Me too. Really hope that Robert Williams can show he's our center of the future.

Don't think Langford's shot will have been fixed in four months. If it has and he's respectable from downtown then Langford could be an option to play relevant minutes in the playoffs (a bit like Rozier a couple of years ago).

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2020, 02:45:12 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Imagine if Williams became Capela and Langford could not shoot consistently from downtown. That would be insane. We focus on the core of our team - as we should - but it is cool to remember that we actually have a couple of high potential young players on our team.

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2020, 06:03:50 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

Oh. think Williams has NBA talent and i think he ll definitely show it off , and even at an improvement !!! 

But ...on the flip side i have low confidence he ll be able to stay healthy for months at a time .   

Maybe he can stay healthy for the this short period and playoffs .

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2020, 07:29:43 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11842
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
thanks FLC! it is great to see a game thread by you once more. a well deserved and long over due TP is headed to you.

i dont even care what the final score is....okay, i'm lying. i hope the celtics beat the evil and stinky thunder like rented mules.  ;D

gooooooooooooooooooooooooo scrimmaging celtics!!
And a TP to you for always giving me a smile!!!  :)

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2020, 11:25:34 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Go Celtics!
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2020, 05:49:28 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
OMG it feels like years since we had a game thread  :angel:

TP to FL for starting our first Covid-era game thread!
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2020, 08:00:58 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
It’s back!

« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2020, 08:34:15 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Lakers-Mavs scrimmage was interesting last night. Both teams played hard, and key players like Lebron, AD, Doncic and Zinger got decent minutes, and looked sharp. Hope to see the same tonight.

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2020, 09:27:57 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Lakers-Mavs scrimmage was interesting last night. Both teams played hard, and key players like Lebron, AD, Doncic and Zinger got decent minutes, and looked sharp. Hope to see the same tonight.

I don't know what they were thinking putting Kuzma on Luka. He got smoked like every time lol.

I like everything about the bubble so far from a viewers standpoint, I also like the added touch of music each team has.

My only annoyance when watching games there are 4 announcers, and their voices are amplified and on top of the screen.

Like, really? I appreciate the NBA aspect where you can hear the players talk. It gives it a more unique experience.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 09:33:47 AM by Monkhouse »
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2020, 09:32:53 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

I don't know what they were thinking putting Kuzma on Luka. He got smoked like every time lol.

I like everything about the bubble so far from a viewers standpoint, I also like the added touch of music each team has.
To be fair they had no one else who could credibly guard him, their only real Luka defender in Danny Green who was out I think.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2020, 09:34:26 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

To be fair they had no one else who could credibly guard him, their only real Luka defender in Danny Green who was out I think.

I'd rather have Dion Waiters on him than Kuzma. But maybe that's just me.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2020, 02:29:25 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

I'd rather have Dion Waiters on him than Kuzma. But maybe that's just me.
Hm quite possibly, but Dion would still get smoked imo.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA