Author Topic: Celtics (40-21) at Bucks (33-29) 3/9  (Read 77094 times)

Re: Celtics (40-21) at Bucks (33-29) 3/9
« Reply #510 on: March 10, 2010, 04:51:25 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Just saw the game... disappointed of course because it was the classic Celtics blown away game with the killer offensive boards for the Bucks in the last minutes and the typical Pierce iso that does nothing good for us that I have learned to hate this season. The guy can't hit a bucket, he has been awful offensively for months (except for the Bobcats game) and you give him the shot to tie the game? Please...

Although it was nice to see the C's get on a run of themselves in the last 2 minutes after getting outscored 10-0, it was too little too late. As expected Bogut just killed Perk, it was painful to watch, and surprisingly Sheed did a good job on Bogut for the most part and didn't force 3 pointers (took only one and made it).

The bench was good for the most part but I still hate Doc's wholesale substitution patterns. Nate was good in the first half and terrible in the second. Finley didn't play much but I like what I saw as far a shooting, he looked good. I would have loved to see him replace Pierce for some minutes in the 4th because Pierce was awful offensively but it didn't happen.

The Celtics didn't even try to get Ray involved in the game and we clearly missed his offensive production. He was well defended on the last possessions but I would have gone with him instead of Pierce for the last shot, even if he was 0-3 (3 shots attempted for the entire game?? are you kidding me??)

Also, I'd rather avoid this Milwaukee team in the playoffs, it has the typical profile of the first round opponent that will get us in a tough, tough series. They have a big matchup advantage (Bogut), shooters all over the place, a bold rookie and a good crowd.

« Reply #511 on: March 10, 2010, 05:17:34 AM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man
Hey all,

I have not watched much of the Celtics games. But from what I've read and the little that I've seen. I wonder and ask,
shouldn't Tony Allen be getting Quisy's minutes?? And Shelden getting BBD's minutes??
Anything is possible!!!

« Reply #512 on: March 10, 2010, 05:18:25 AM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 163
  • Green 18!
Why can Kobe hit every end of game shot, and Pierce can't? I don't get it.

« Reply #513 on: March 10, 2010, 05:46:19 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

Because Kobe is a ball-hog and has spent his career taking most of the shots, especially at those "big" moments ... Paul has spent his career being a team player and doing his best to make his team-mates better, as well as himself. Back in his early years in the NBA when he was carrying this team, Pierce had many such opportunities and had quite a few games where he scored 30 and 40-plus points, but the offense is now built around everyone sharing the ball, and he just doesn't get those opportunities as often. If he had as many chances as Kobe does to be "Mr. Everything", I guarantee you he would increase his percentage of "big" shots like Kobe. And by the way, I've seen Kobe miss PLENTY of those before, so I think "every" is a bit of an exaggeration. ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #514 on: March 10, 2010, 06:21:20 AM »

Offline Scribbles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 107

Umm up until last night did you see Kobe miss like 2 buzzer beaters that ended up as misses in the last couple of weeks.

But I'm hoping your post had a hint of sarcasm.

« Reply #515 on: March 10, 2010, 08:49:04 AM »

Offline CbrewEra

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • LETS GO BOSTON
Amazing how much people in the leage sleep on Bogut.  This kid is a phenominal player!!  He has performances like this on the regular
"He trades like a drunk Texas oilman trying to impress a beautiful woman"