Author Topic: Celtics (21-14) at Spurs (20-17) Game #36 12/31/18  (Read 25888 times)

Re: Celtics (21-14) at Spurs (20-17) Game #36 12/31/18
« Reply #360 on: December 31, 2018, 09:42:45 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
FYI, dumping Hayward is not going to suddenly make this team starting winning consistently. He is not the main problem.

When he missed games earlier this season, the team played even worse.

agreed. we have serious issues across the board. including coaching accountability and an ability for coaching to demand go to rim when open threes are not falling and vice versa. if brad is directing us to only shoot jays he should be fired before he steps on the plane back to boston ENOUGH of this dumbassery brad
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #361 on: December 31, 2018, 09:44:47 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
You can have the best defensive center in the world and if the opposition is hitting 54% from three when throwing  up more than 25 three pointers, you're probably losing the game.

« Reply #362 on: December 31, 2018, 09:45:35 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I really want a trade for Sabonis, he's a big who we could really use with his rebounding and offense, and his defense isn't bad either. I'd trade Rozier+Theis+picks for him lol.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #363 on: December 31, 2018, 09:46:07 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Hayward is not worth the vet min .  much less a max contract .

his intensity and effort sucked .....thats the bottom line ".....i can excuse the shooting .....max player with his fingr in his rear is not acceptable .

I would chew his tail off if i was DA .....he can pack his bags if thats all he can bring

« Reply #364 on: December 31, 2018, 09:46:32 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
You can have the best defensive center in the world and if the opposition is hitting 54% from three when throwing  up more than 25 three pointers, you're probably losing the game.
To be fair the reason why they shot such a high clip was that the lack of a good defensive center caused our defense to collapse, allowing the Spurs easy shots.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #365 on: December 31, 2018, 09:47:00 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I really want a trade for Sabonis, he's a big who we could really use with his rebounding and offense, and his defense isn't bad either. I'd trade Rozier+Theis+picks for him lol.

I just want a functional team that plays hard and plays together. That exerts effort and really maximizes the talent they have. i just have not seen that this year at all.

« Reply #366 on: December 31, 2018, 09:47:57 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
FYI, dumping Hayward is not going to suddenly make this team starting winning consistently. He is not the main problem.

agreed. we have serious issues across the board. including coaching accountability and an ability for coaching to demand go to rim when open threes are not falling and vice versa. if brad is directing us to only shoot jays he should be fired before he steps on the plane back to boston ENOUGH of this dumbassery brad

The game turned because SA consistently attacked the rim with no resistance and got everything they wanted.

The reality is that this team plays very soft sometimes, and it is due to their lack of size.  It is also due to their style and the type of players they have.

« Reply #367 on: December 31, 2018, 09:48:28 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

I just want a functional team that plays hard and plays together. That exerts effort and really maximizes the talent they have. i just have not seen that this year at all.

yup ..they look like they have never had a practice with a coach

« Reply #368 on: December 31, 2018, 09:48:50 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
At this point I would be actively trying to move Hayward and some others on this team

whatever makes the TEAM better at this point

3 months in of same crap. i have seen enough

i am having HUGE doubnts about brad now also. he is the HC and assumes ALL responsibility. not enough heat on him from danny IMO. if u cannot get guys to play smart and adjust then hit the road. im tired of him not railing on guys demanding what to do.
I slam him more for the personnel choices tbh. Who the hell said that having only one bruiser out of 4 bigs (to me Williams needs to bulk up, rn he's a pure shot blocker but not much else) is a recipe for success? Horford is better at PF and should have significant minutes at that position, while we should be cutting down on the number of wings we have/push them up to play the 2-3. I would've liked to see a rotation of:

PG: Kyrie-Rozier-Wannamaker
SG: Brown/Smart
SF: Tatum-Hayward-Semi
PF: Horford-Morris-Yabu
C: Baynes-Theis-Williams

At least such a rotation would've mitigated the problem of only having one bruiser due to Horford's excellence at PF.

good points. the frustration is reaching unprecedented levels
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #369 on: December 31, 2018, 09:51:50 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474

Agreed the Spurs were on fire from 3, but a part of that comes from the bad def where we let WAY too many guys get to the rim over and over again.  So we try to flip the switch and try not to let the lane be an open freeway for easy points and then the Spurs hit us with the 3 point barrage.  Spurs were red hot, but our def earlier in the game was part of it.  Honestly I don't know why we didn't play Smart or Brown against Demar because that seemed like they key for all their easy baskets, he had 10 assists and a lot of those came from his penetration.

To be honest at this point, I really don't trust Tatum defensively to guard a talented player, he is quick enough to be a much better on ball defender but tonight at least to my eye test, he was giving up the lane way too easy.  He goes for way too many ball fakes, and just isn't using his length the help as much as he needs to.  I really don't understand this either, because last year he was a good defender, he didn't get lazy and he didn't leave his feet as much. 

« Reply #370 on: December 31, 2018, 09:52:39 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
Hayward is not worth the vet min .  much less a max contract .

his intensity and effort sucked .....thats the bottom line ".....i can excuse the shooting .....max player with his fingr in his rear is not acceptable .

I would chew his tail off if i was DA .....he can pack his bags if thats all he can bring

DA should be chewing people out from now until they get back to boston.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #371 on: December 31, 2018, 09:53:04 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

agreed
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #372 on: December 31, 2018, 09:53:49 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474

The game turned because SA consistently attacked the rim with no resistance and got everything they wanted.

This is exactly what I saw as well.  For whatever reason, we can't seem to stop dribble penetration without massive amounts of help, and that leaves wide open shooters. 

« Reply #373 on: December 31, 2018, 09:53:55 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
How can Stevens go from doing so much with so little last playoffs to this? I don't think these guys even listen to him anymore.

« Reply #374 on: December 31, 2018, 09:54:50 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
what worthless max player could,we trade for Markeff Morris.