Author Topic: Celtics (21-14) at Spurs (20-17) Game #36 12/31/18  (Read 25888 times)

Re: Celtics (21-14) at Spurs (20-17) Game #36 12/31/18
« Reply #330 on: December 31, 2018, 09:28:56 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Celts got rocked like a hurricane in the 3rd quarter during that 16-2 run. Not much to say after that.

Though I agree with others. Hayward is not doing much of anything on the court. We still need a big man (and have needed one since the beginning of time)

Aldridge was getting to the net at will. Theis not providing much other than an occasional board.

Why can't we have a good center ?   

All our shots are difficult , because there is no man in the paint that can score

« Reply #331 on: December 31, 2018, 09:29:57 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
C's need Baynes back badly. Let's be honest, Theis has been very underwhelming this season.

I don't blame Theis one bit, he has to play out of his position , meaning what he does, too bad Horford plays like a panzy and cant be that force down low and allow theis to be his natural hustle guy effort. Seems like only Smart is allowed to do that. Theis is a solid bench player but now hes forced to try to do his best against monsters down low.

Theis is a modern day 5. The same way Horford is a modern day 5. I mean, should we really play Baynes and Theis out there?

Let’s face it, he’s been given more minutes because of injuries and he’s just showing that he’s not all that. His ceiling is a role player but he’s not a banger, fouls quite a lot, and is limited offensively. The upside is, we won’t need to pay him a lot of money to keep him.

- LilRip

« Reply #332 on: December 31, 2018, 09:30:33 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
Celts got rocked like a hurricane in the 3rd quarter during that 16-2 run. Not much to say after that.

Though I agree with others. Hayward is not doing much of anything on the court. We still need a big man (and have needed one since the beginning of time)

Aldridge was getting to the net at will. Theis not providing much other than an occasional board.

All our shots are difficult , because there is no man in the paint that can score

uh huh and you and I have complained about this for years now!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #333 on: December 31, 2018, 09:30:41 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Brad saying that the Spurs physically overpowered them in the 3rd quarter at the rim and when they started to collapse Spurs started to shoot the ball from 3 from all angles.

Said overpowered 5 times.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #334 on: December 31, 2018, 09:30:50 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Really sad that the Spurs have less talent than Boston but are just a better team. Better coach, work harder, better schemes...Boston has a lot of guys who think they should be the man and have no desire to play team basketball

« Reply #335 on: December 31, 2018, 09:31:48 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
Seems at least once a game now Boston allows a massive run by the other team fueled by lazy offense and lazy defense.

Definitely. That’s the most frustrating aspect of this team because it speaks to a mental issue rather than technical.

« Reply #336 on: December 31, 2018, 09:32:09 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
Really sad that the Spurs have less talent than Boston but are just a better team. Better coach, work harder, better schemes...Boston has a lot of guys who think they should be the man and have no desire to play team basketball

BINGO

too many HERO BALLERS

NOT ENOUGH TEAM BALLERS

make the trades DANNY!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #337 on: December 31, 2018, 09:32:18 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

Since Perk left and KG was traded

« Reply #338 on: December 31, 2018, 09:32:46 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Brad saying that the Spurs physically overpowered them in the 3rd quarter at the rim and when they started to collapse Spurs started to shoot the ball from 3 from all angles.

Said overpowered 5 times.
Well he could've put more beefier centers inside instead of playing finesse bigs like Horford and Theis.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #339 on: December 31, 2018, 09:33:15 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Perk didn't leave either, he was traded for Jeff Green

« Reply #340 on: December 31, 2018, 09:33:24 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

BINGO!!!!!!!  YOU REMEMBER!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #341 on: December 31, 2018, 09:33:44 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
At this point I would be actively trying to move Hayward and some others on this team

« Reply #342 on: December 31, 2018, 09:34:00 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White

They struggled in the first third of the season but at this point I think they all know their roles within their team. We’re srill trying to figure things out. Other than Kyrie and Senior everyone has been inconsistent.

« Reply #343 on: December 31, 2018, 09:34:18 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
effort by Hayward was just plain pathetic .  At least Rozier looked like he cared

He should.b e ashamed to cash his paycheck

« Reply #344 on: December 31, 2018, 09:35:12 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Happy that Jaylen shut the haters up by carrying us, that's the silver lining from this game. If Brad realizes the importance of bruisers then this loss would be worth it.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA