Author Topic: Anthony Davis should stay put  (Read 5489 times)

Re: Anthony Davis should stay put
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2018, 11:37:25 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
They're not a good team. They lost to Atlanta last night. They'll be fortunate to make the playoffs.

The Celtics team they beat the other night wasn't very good, either. Kyrie took too many bad shots, and Brad Stevens goes braindead sometimes and thinks it's a good idea to have Tatum and Brown watch the end of games on the bench while Rozier and Smart throw up bricks and turnovers.

« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2018, 12:18:44 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
They're not a good team. They lost to Atlanta last night. They'll be fortunate to make the playoffs.

The Celtics team they beat the other night wasn't very good, either. Kyrie took too many bad shots, and Brad Stevens goes braindead sometimes and thinks it's a good idea to have Tatum and Brown watch the end of games on the bench while Rozier and Smart throw up bricks and turnovers.
teams that have lost to the Hawks include the Cavs, the Knicks, the Heat, the Wizards, the Blazers, the Nuggets, the Spurs, and now the Pelicans. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2018, 01:33:45 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Davis is overrated, he is a star but not a superstar, he put up incredible numbers but his team never went to playoffs and he is so injury prone and inconsistent, 8pt 7rb vs the hawks?man
I don't want my big to jack up tons of mid range jumper even if he is good at it, too

« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2018, 06:26:37 PM »

Online CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
Davis is overrated, he is a star but not a superstar, he put up incredible numbers but his team never went to playoffs and he is so injury prone and inconsistent, 8pt 7rb vs the hawks?man
I don't want my big to jack up tons of mid range jumper even if he is good at it, too

Yeah he's only having the best season of his career. Sounds overrated to me lol

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/6583/anthony-davis

« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2018, 06:37:09 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Pelicans are going to sign Cousins to a 5 year, 175 million contract..or offer him that anyway

94,827,090 is the cap space they have spent next year.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/NOP.html

This is not monopoly or NBA Live/2K and uses real money, good luck getting an owner to pay out for that extra money.

« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2018, 06:49:29 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I too worry about Davis' injuries, but saying he's overrated, "so" injury prone and inconsistent is pretty ludicrous. This is his second season in a row where he's averaging 25+ppg, 10+rpg, 2+bpg and 1+spg.

KG took over 5 years to make it out of the first round of the playoffs - is that entirely on him?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)