Author Topic: Hayward's timeline on decision is unknown  (Read 21589 times)

Re: Hayward likely to notify teams tonight
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2017, 10:52:21 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I really hope my fellow Celtics fans don't blast Hayward if he chooses Miami. Just because someone picks a city with good weather does not mean they are shallow or don't respect WINNING

Can we all agree the Celtics aren't winning the championship even if we get Hayward? I'm sure Hayward knows that too.

I'll agree to that this year, but not next year.  Celtics will be in the 2019 NBA Finals, and once you get that far, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!!

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2017, 10:55:49 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
posted this in the other thread but appropriate for all GH discussion today for good feeling quota:

"It comes down to where I can compete for a title," [Hayward] told ESPN.com's Zach Lowe in December. "Where I live—that doesn't affect me. The limelight doesn't matter to me. I just want to make a run at it."
- Gordon Hayward

If he really means that, I would be shocked if he did not sign with us. Shocked.

« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2017, 10:57:36 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
I really hope my fellow Celtics fans don't blast Hayward if he chooses Miami. Just because someone picks a city with good weather does not mean they are shallow or don't respect WINNING

Can we all agree the Celtics aren't winning the championship even if we get Hayward? I'm sure Hayward knows that too.

If you pick a team based on the weather, that's pretty much the definition of not caring about winning.  If Miami could keep Waiters and sign Hayward, you could argue for them from a "winning" perspective.  But they can't.

Mike

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2017, 10:58:17 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
Has Hayward seen the crowd at a Heat game in mid Feb? Nobody is there. It is a tomb. Miami fans are poster boys for frontrunners.

I worry most about Riley and his bad mouthing Ainge and the C's. He is a snake. Can't stand him. A liar and an ass.

Riley would be an idiot to bad mouth the Celtics. He's not an idiot.  He is a master mind player.

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2017, 10:58:52 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Riley probably told Hayward that Lebron will be back
in one year.

2018:
Whiteside
Lebron, J. Johnson
Hayward, Lebron, Winslow
Winslow, Tyler Johnson
Dragic

Plus a few veteran ring chasers...

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2017, 10:59:45 AM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
So while we wait..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAyA8BV-cTI

link? does someone know Hayward or his agent?  when has he stated he will notify teams by tonight

Celticsblog.com front page.
https://www.celticsblog.com/2017/7/3/15913418/free-agency-rumor-gordon-hayward-decision-could-come-as-soon-as-tonight-boston-celtics-utah-jazz

Can we bet Tommy Points on this? That was fun for game 7.

It's very curious how people can read one thing, and interpret another thing. I mean, the article is all about how the decision could be known by tomorrow or Wednesday, but that it could be known as early as tonight.

Suddenly that means, "Hayward likely to notify teams tonight". =)

« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2017, 11:00:31 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis

I'll agree to that this year, but not next year.  Celtics will be in the 2019 NBA Finals, and once you get that far, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!!

Great point. How can Miami or Utah make that prediction??

« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2017, 11:02:35 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
My guess is that he stays in Utah because of more money.

Might as well go to Miami since he won't be paying tax AND the east is a laughingstock.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2017, 11:03:01 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2528

I wouldn't "blast" him, I'll be too occupied with trying to rationalize why it'll be good for the Cs.    But he'd take a seat right next to David West and Kevin Durant (and others that I can't recall at the moment)  as players who got me excited only to pull the football out from my ready kick.

« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2017, 11:10:28 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
So while we wait..

link? does someone know Hayward or his agent?  when has he stated he will notify teams by tonight

https://www.celticsblog.com/2017/7/3/15913418/free-agency-rumor-gordon-hayward-decision-could-come-as-soon-as-tonight-boston-celtics-utah-jazz

It's very curious how people can read one thing, and interpret another thing. I mean, the article is all about how the decision could be known by tomorrow or Wednesday, but that it could be known as early as tonight.

Yeah, I came to this thread thinking there was some new information.   >:(  I have to think that there WILL BE NO ANNOUNCEMENT TONIGHT.  Now watch somebody quote me this as new information.   ;D

In any case, I expect him to talk to Utah one more time.  I mean, why not?  Not just as a courtesy (which I expect) but to see if they can come up with some other way to get more top-end talent there.  The Rubio deal should be pretty meaningless from GH's perspective.

« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2017, 11:12:20 AM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
So while we wait..

Yeah, I came to this thread thinking there was some new information.   >:(  I have to think that there WILL BE NO ANNOUNCEMENT TONIGHT.  Now watch somebody quote me this as new information.   ;D

In any case, I expect him to talk to Utah one more time.  I mean, why not?  Not just as a courtesy (which I expect) but to see if they can come up with some other way to get more top-end talent there.  The Rubio deal should be pretty hollow from GH's perspective.

Personally I think we'll know tonight. He'll meet with Utah at some point today, and that'll be that.

« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2017, 11:15:01 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
What could Utah tell him that he doesn't already know?

He is either being courteous to them with this final interview with the intention of bolting, or, he intended all along to return there, and was just being courteous to the Heat and Celtics. 

« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2017, 11:16:00 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
George Hill and Hayward are great friends. Hill went to IUPUI and Hayward at Butler.

George Hill is gone because he knows Hayward is gone.

Hayward is coming to Boston in my opinion.

« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2017, 11:16:14 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
So while we wait..

In any case, I expect him to talk to Utah one more time.  I mean, why not?  Not just as a courtesy (which I expect) but to see if they can come up with some other way to get more top-end talent there.  The Rubio deal should be pretty hollow from GH's perspective.

Personally I think we'll know tonight. He'll meet with Utah at some point today, and that'll be that.

yes right after meeting Utah.....  1 hour later.... I'm signing with....

how respectful that would be to the Jazz org

if anything, if he is quick to announce his decision, it would be to stay in Utah

and we don't want that

« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2017, 11:22:20 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC
What could Utah tell him that he doesn't already know?

He is either being courteous to them with this final interview with the intention of bolting, or, he intended all along to return there, and was just being courteous to the Heat and Celtics.

This is my thought on why it won't be Utah. They have no ace cards to play. He tried to leave there once already. They are not bringing back Hill.

They are not bringing in any kind of star to pair with him. Their roster will be the same or worse than last year. They have no high draft assets to pick or trade for more talent.