Author Topic: Thoughts on Sullinger?  (Read 14272 times)

Re: Thoughts on Sullinger?
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2012, 09:12:11 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC
No thanx he is undersized with no bunnies. The C's don't get rebounds because of the way they play not because of the players. Plus getting a player who is not a center wont put us as a number 1 rebounding team as the rest of the positions are pretty much filled.

sullinger is better that J. Johnson as we speak.
he might be better than Bass right now as well.

getting Sully would make prolly mean bass is gone...and allow danny to concentrate those $$ to other FA

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2012, 09:14:28 AM »

Offline BostonNative

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
No thanx he is undersized with no bunnies. The C's don't get rebounds because of the way they play not because of the players. Plus getting a player who is not a center wont put us as a number 1 rebounding team as the rest of the positions are pretty much filled.

I can careless I have seen nothing from J3 and i doubt we will see anything from Sullinger either. This would be a pick we would regret I guarantee

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2012, 09:17:38 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I still have this feeling that he'll be taken long before the 20s.

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2012, 09:20:58 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Two of the best rebounders in this years draft are Sullinger and White. I'd be happy with either or both.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2012, 09:21:49 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
As for my own opinion, I'd be delighted if he fell to us. I think his floor is Glen Davis and his ceiling is an borderline all-star guy on his best years (David West type).

His back is a big unknown, but in the 20s his level of talent is worth a shot.

I agree he's worth a shot in the 20's especially since w ehave 2 picks hower, according to Chad Ford (I think it was him) in a chat last week many teams say he will need back surgery this year before playing so don't expect alot from him this year.

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2012, 09:23:54 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367

I can careless I have seen nothing from J3 and i doubt we will see anything from Sullinger either. This would be a pick we would regret I guarantee

And you can guarantee that if we don't pick Sullinger we'd* definitely pick someone better?

Fab Melo? Andrew Nicholson?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 09:29:30 AM by bfrombleacher »

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2012, 09:40:55 AM »

Offline tekzilla

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 0
A 2ompg 4 who will be a defensive liability. Reminds me of Clarence Weatherspoon.

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2012, 09:51:09 AM »

Offline Dchuck

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 72
Anyone remember Mike Miller walking up and down the court with what looked to be a rod stuck up his rear end?  How about Dwight Howard missing the playoffs and needing surgery?  How about Amare, who has looked like he aged 5 yrs before our eyes, not to mention the fact that he missed most of the series against us in last year's playoffs?  Or how about the Living Legend himself, robbed of his career waaay too early?

If Sullinger does need surgery now or in the near future, there is NO WAY, absolutely NO WAY I take him in the first round at all!!!!

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2012, 10:19:12 AM »

Offline jyyzzoel

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 47
Anyone remember Mike Miller walking up and down the court with what looked to be a rod stuck up his rear end?  How about Dwight Howard missing the playoffs and needing surgery?  How about Amare, who has looked like he aged 5 yrs before our eyes, not to mention the fact that he missed most of the series against us in last year's playoffs?  Or how about the Living Legend himself, robbed of his career waaay too early?

If Sullinger does need surgery now or in the near future, there is NO WAY, absolutely NO WAY I take him in the first round at all!!!!

although i agree with u on the possible severity back issues can cause - if all it takes to get him back to 100% is for him to have surgery immediately and sit out a year - at #21 in the draft im 100% down with drafting sully.

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2012, 10:22:50 AM »

Offline fugazzi24

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 17
If you watched the NBA Finals the amount of athleticism on the floor was incredible.  I just don't think he can play big minutes on a championship team.  I do feel he is an NBA player for many years but he ceiling is fairly low.  I would rather go with a higher upside player than a player with a lower floor but limited ceiling. 

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2012, 10:30:36 AM »

Offline EDWARDO

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 93

How can you possibly guarantee? Ridiculous.

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2012, 10:31:09 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Sullinger looked fine for Ohio State and all during the tournament.  He struggles with really tall players, but if you play him solely at the 4 he will do fine (and he can play the 4 rather well).  The comparisons to Kevin Love are pretty spot on.  Same type of player.  Same type of criticism.  The only real difference is the potential back injury, but he apparently had it at Ohio State and he played virtually the whole season.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2012, 11:15:02 AM »

Offline zdov97

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 4
After just watching a ton of youtube clips of Sullinger, I finally figured out who he reminds me of.

He reminds me EXACTLY of Leon Powe pre injury. About the same height and also the same type of player who does most of his work around the paint. I am not saying he will ever be an all star, but I think he can be a productive NBA pro.

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2012, 11:15:56 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
After just watching a ton of youtube clips of Sullinger, I finally figured out who he reminds me of.

He reminds me EXACTLY of Leon Powe pre injury. About the same height and also the same type of player who does most of his work around the paint. I am not saying he will ever be an all star, but I think he can be a productive NBA pro.
Leon Powe was more of a leaper and a good 3-4 inches shorter.

Both play in the paint though.

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2012, 11:16:49 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Leon Powe was more of a leaper and a good 3-4 inches shorter.

Both play in the paint though.

Powe also had a terrible BBIQ, while that is one of Sullinger's greatest assets.