Author Topic: NBA2k9  (Read 3429 times)

NBA2k9
« on: December 12, 2008, 01:36:39 PM »

Offline shaggy21

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 0
Hey everyone, I've been a long time lurker but this is my first time posting so if I didn't post this in the right spot I apologize.  Anyways, I've been playing a lot of nba2k9 on xbox live recently and it got me thinking that i'd like to join/start a league or get involved in a little tournament or something.  I'm pretty sure I remember reading something on here a while back about people maybe making a league together or something.  I could be way off with that, but if i'm not is there one and if so would it be possible for me to join?  If there isn't one already in place would anyone maybe be interested in trying to get one started?  Go Celtics!

Re: NBA2k9
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 01:38:15 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I would love to join one, but i dont really have time to run one

(IP and galen probley still hate me for letting our NCAA 09 one fall apart :/)

but im always a willing player :D
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 01:41:55 PM »

Offline Scribbles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 107
Yeah I'd join too if someone set one up.  I could play pretty much every day after 6 except Tuesday and Friday.  Why don't you set one up Shaggy?   ;)

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 01:43:27 PM »

Offline shaggy21

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 0
I wouldn't be opposed to setting one up if enough people would join...lets see how many people wind up saying they'd play and go from there

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 06:27:59 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
i love the game but i was really bummed that i can't edit any prospects. well, i can edit the build,height,eye color and name but as far as the face goes i can nly sdit the eye color. is this true for everyone. i wanted to doublecheck and make sure i was'nt missing something.it does'nt seem to make sense. the league would be full of clones in just a few seasons.identical players on the court at the sme time,right? 

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 06:33:35 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
i love the game but i was really bummed that i can't edit any prospects. well, i can edit the build,height,eye color and name but as far as the face goes i can nly sdit the eye color. is this true for everyone. i wanted to doublecheck and make sure i was'nt missing something.it does'nt seem to make sense. the league would be full of clones in just a few seasons.identical players on the court at the sme time,right? 

yup, my favorite thing though is when they just slightly adjust faces of pros for the pictures. i drafted a center that looked like fat Kobe.

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 07:20:33 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

yup, my favorite thing though is when they just slightly adjust faces of pros for the pictures. i drafted a center that looked like fat Kobe.

There was a game out 6-10 years ago which would autogenerate faces based on various attributes (like any typical "create-a-character" game feature).  It would just randomize all the features and pump out a face.  They sometimes looked goofy, but at least there wasn't any identical people.  And their pictures were just screenshots of that randomly generated face.   I forget which game that was, but it was years ago.  I wonder why games like NBA 2k9 aren't on the ball with this?  It's annoying having a bunch of clones.

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 01:07:43 PM »

Offline shiggins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 147
Id play if somebody wants to set it up