Author Topic: NBA 09' The Inside  (Read 9039 times)

Re: NBA 09' The Inside
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2008, 05:58:27 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
The guys I was dunking with were Joe Johnson and Gerald Wallace, not T-Mac or LeBron, but no slouches either. That's my other problem with NBA 2k8, I buy the games for fantasy drafts and the ability to make my own team, but 2k8's drafting AI is pretty dumb. Through six rounds of drafting this was my team:

PG: Calderon (5)
SG: Joe Johnson (2)
SF: Gerald Wallace (4)
PF: Mehmet Okur (3)
C: Dwight Howard (1)
6th man: David West (6)

That's absurd. If I learned anything on my six weeks on Celticsblog is that six players that good don't last past the third round. Also, typically in the fourth round, Monta Ellis, Kevin Martin and Leandro Barbosa are still available.

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2008, 06:20:11 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
the NBA 2k8 engine drafts blindly..so if you do a fantasy draft your roster would look like all 80's the first year (young guys)..then tall 80's..then 90's...and you're absurdly deep. The AI doesn't know how to build a team, they take a player based on overall value, with potential affecting that.

I haven't looked too hard because I know the answer..but what would make NBA 2k9 hands down the best sports game available would be online association. I really hope it has that. But Im almost sure it doesn't

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2008, 06:26:16 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
the NBA 2k8 engine drafts blindly..so if you do a fantasy draft your roster would look like all 80's the first year (young guys)..then tall 80's..then 90's...and you're absurdly deep. The AI doesn't know how to build a team, they take a player based on overall value, with potential affecting that.

I haven't looked too hard because I know the answer..but what would make NBA 2k9 hands down the best sports game available would be online association. I really hope it has that. But Im almost sure it doesn't

That's something I liked a great deal about NBA live 2007, Even if you had a top draft pick ( put more aptly GAVE yourself one) after round 2 you were almost out of the 80's and the above average big men were gone unless you drafted one with the first pick.

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2008, 06:44:29 PM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153
I still have yet to play a basketball video game which is superior to that of NBA Live 2004 for regular x-box.
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2008, 06:57:48 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
The guys I was dunking with were Joe Johnson and Gerald Wallace, not T-Mac or LeBron, but no slouches either. That's my other problem with NBA 2k8, I buy the games for fantasy drafts and the ability to make my own team, but 2k8's drafting AI is pretty dumb. Through six rounds of drafting this was my team:

PG: Calderon (5)
SG: Joe Johnson (2)
SF: Gerald Wallace (4)
PF: Mehmet Okur (3)
C: Dwight Howard (1)
6th man: David West (6)

That's absurd. If I learned anything on my six weeks on Celticsblog is that six players that good don't last past the third round. Also, typically in the fourth round, Monta Ellis, Kevin Martin and Leandro Barbosa are still available.

i'll grant you the drafting sucks, but again, what difficulty level are you doing these "ridiculous dunks" with these guys on? I can do the above on easy through the medium levels, which jack the dunking slider, but not on the hardest with sliders in play.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 07:07:43 PM by crownsy »
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2008, 08:17:04 PM »

Offline Greenwood

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
There is a new franchise trailer for The Inside.  I hope that their fantasy draft is better than the others. 
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40623.html?r=1

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2008, 04:48:52 PM »

Offline Greenwood

• Oshae Brissett
I just played all 3 demos and this one IMO blows away live.  I still have 2k ahead but this is right there, you guys should check it out. 

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2008, 06:49:29 PM »

Offline Greenwood

• Oshae Brissett
game came out today, going to get it tonight and will post my thoughts after.  Anyone else getting it?

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2008, 08:30:18 PM »

Offline tb727

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
Ok I'm really struggling here- I got it for Playstation 2.  Anyone know how to make trades?  It's driving me crazy I want to put Artest on the Rockets lol.
Jay Wingspan Bilas

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2008, 01:50:34 PM »

Offline Greenwood

• Oshae Brissett
I have only seen one review so far on the game.  Still waiting to get mine. 

http://www.digitalchumps.com/game-reviews/35-ps3/1482.html

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2008, 07:18:06 PM »

Offline POBstuntin

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 17
This is game is sick so far!  I just can't stop playing the life mode, created James O'Bryant the fictional brother to Patty O, who also plays center, have a good but challenging time gettin thru it too!

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2008, 02:40:12 PM »

Offline Greenwood

• Oshae Brissett
This is game is sick so far!  I just can't stop playing the life mode, created James O'Bryant the fictional brother to Patty O, who also plays center, have a good but challenging time gettin thru it too!

That sounds great.  I made myself for the first try but I don't know what character I should create for my next story mode.  Anyone have any ideas??

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2008, 04:10:49 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43

That sounds great.  I made myself for the first try but I don't know what character I should create for my next story mode.  Anyone have any ideas??

This brings up an interesting video game question - when you play a game where you can create a player, who tends to create themself?  I know I do, but that's cool to create a fictional character too...
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2008, 04:20:14 PM »

Offline Greenwood

• Oshae Brissett

This brings up an interesting video game question - when you play a game where you can create a player, who tends to create themself?  I know I do, but that's cool to create a fictional character too...

I always create myself at first but I don't like to do that with big men because I am not very big.  So I normally go with creating a rookie thats not in the game or one of my friends.  Thats why the life mode is so great is that you can create anyone and try to lead them to the chip.

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2008, 04:23:44 PM »

Offline POBstuntin

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 17
Whats cool about the game is the progressive player thing, so you can make your guys in the life, then  play games with them, and get them all better after the life mode and enter a franchise with them.  Give you a chance to recreate the glory days and create the old high school starting five haha.  The life mode linked up with the franchise mode is cool, theres some great video on it here, www.stepinsidethelife.com