Author Topic: NBA 09' The Inside  (Read 9041 times)

NBA 09' The Inside
« on: September 29, 2008, 06:46:41 PM »

Offline Greenwood

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
I just played the demo for NBA 09 and it looks better than it has in years.  Anyone think it is worth checking out?
Here is the trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGYLASMm1Ec&feature=related

Re: NBA 09' The Inside
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 07:01:25 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
I was really thinking wow, Rondo's stock has gone way up around the league, then I noticed the back of the jersey in the clip said "player"... oh well
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 07:02:41 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I just played the demo for NBA 09 and it looks better than it has in years.  Anyone think it is worth checking out?
Here is the trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGYLASMm1Ec&feature=related

its always looked good. my problem is that it's not really basketball, and this years demo failed to impress. i can do incredible dunks whenever i want because the AI plays defense like the nuggets and there's no floor spacing.

demo failed to impress me, and 2K looks better than ever.

P.S they seem to have put BBD head on rondo's model in the vid.

of course, thier ratings this year are such a joke (pruitt is better than rondo at 71 and 72, respectively) that i wouldn't expect anything less from "nba JAM! 09"
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 07:10:50 PM by crownsy »
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 07:09:56 PM »

Offline Greenwood

• Oshae Brissett
yea I agree and I am going to get 2K but this game may be fun to play on the side because of the story mode

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 07:12:59 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
yea I agree and I am going to get 2K but this game may be fun to play on the side because of the story mode

eh, it looks just like 2K's kinda crappy "create a dude and play pickup basketball mode" to me.

i reserve the right to change my mind if reviews tag it as something akin to the ridiculous fun of "MLB's: the show" games though.

Seriously, i waste more time on the minor leagues in that game trying to "make it" then i ever do for the major league teams once i break my guys through heh.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 07:39:28 PM »

Offline Greenwood

• Oshae Brissett

eh, it looks just like 2K's kinda crappy "create a dude and play pickup basketball mode" to me.

i reserve the right to change my mind if reviews tag it as something akin to the ridiculous fun of "MLB's: the show" games though.

Seriously, i waste more time on the minor leagues in that game trying to "make it" then i ever do for the major league teams once i break my guys through heh.

I know what you mean.  In the show I always got so far into it that once I got to the actual show I was burnt out.  I look forward to playing in the d league in this game though.  I always wanted that in a nba game. 

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 03:11:02 PM »

Offline I need a name

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 1
play in the d-league? that sounds sick.  Whats the story mode like, i haven't seen the demo? the graphics look good, depending on the price i may switch from 2k this year

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 03:28:32 PM »

Offline Greenwood

• Oshae Brissett
play in the d-league? that sounds sick.  Whats the story mode like, i haven't seen the demo? the graphics look good, depending on the price i may switch from 2k this year

From the trailers and interviews it seems like the story mode you start as an up and comer and try to make a name for yourself in the league.  I think it will be better than 2k's mode because it is real 5 on 5 basketball and not stupid streetball that they are always using. 

Here is a link to an interview about the mode.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/909/909278p1.html

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 03:51:05 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

its always looked good. my problem is that it's not really basketball, and this years demo failed to impress. i can do incredible dunks whenever i want because the AI plays defense like the nuggets and there's no floor spacing.

[/quote]

You can do insane dunks at almost anytime in NBA 2k8 also.

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008, 04:10:36 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

[/quote]

To me, 2k8 is for people who don't use cheat codes. If you try to play the 2k games like you'd actually play a basketball game, and play it on the hardest difficulty, its extremely rewarding. You can play with the rockets or cavs, but really if you got the meters all the way up, its a lot harder to get monster dunks with anyone player...sure you can say to yourself "Im gonna go down there and dribble with Lebron until I get a ridiculous dunk", but it will only work a couple of times before the AI catches up.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2008, 04:19:33 PM »

Offline kharrig1

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
I think that the title of best basketball video game is all locked up.  I mean to me, as a basketball simulation 2k is just far ahead of everyone else its wild.  But I do definetly love the NBA enough to pick up a second game, and if that story mode is like the show where you can go into the d-leauge.  Well I can't think of anything that would make me happier than playing for the flash in the land of mormon.  I just hope it doesn't suck.
To the fact that NBA All-Star weekend happened in Las Vegas during the same weekend as Chinese New Year. Just remember this when 7-foot-3 Sino-American/African-American star Xin-Ling Stoudemire or Chow-Zang Arenas is drafted first in the 2028 NBA Draft. ~ Simmons

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2008, 04:21:51 PM »

Offline Greenwood

• Oshae Brissett

To me, 2k8 is for people who don't use cheat codes. If you try to play the 2k games like you'd actually play a basketball game, and play it on the hardest difficulty, its extremely rewarding. You can play with the rockets or cavs, but really if you got the meters all the way up, its a lot harder to get monster dunks with anyone player...sure you can say to yourself "Im gonna go down there and dribble with Lebron until I get a ridiculous dunk", but it will only work a couple of times before the AI catches up.
[/quote]

To me this is why this game seems cool to me.  Because you can have a real game in 2k and then use this as a story mode and play as just the individual.  2k has been trying to do this with their individual online play but I think the whole story mode looks cooler.  

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2008, 04:43:12 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

mabey on easy, i play on the hardest diffculy setting with the sliders tuned to help the defense.

IF you try to just get to the rim with no play on, you'll get stripped or get called for charging 90% of the time, because unlike NBA jam errr... live, players don't turn on a dime from a full spirnt, they actually have to plant and pivot, and the computer is good at taking charges or fouling to prevent the dunk, as well as bodying up if you take to long to make a move.

Online, if you know what your doing, its easy to keep an opponent away from the rim unless he runs a good play or has a fast break.

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2008, 05:02:39 PM »

Offline FierceLikePaulPierce

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11
I was really thinking wow, Rondo's stock has gone way up around the league, then I noticed the back of the jersey in the clip said "player"... oh well

Ahahah TP for noticing that. Wow. And this is an official trailer?

As far as the story mode goes, if they have something like MLB Power Pros, where it's like an RPG, that'd be fun, but PS3 remains a ripoff.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 10:29:26 PM by FierceLikePaulPierce »

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2008, 05:38:11 PM »

Offline Greenwood

• Oshae Brissett

Ahahah TP for noticing that. Wow. And this is an official trailer?

As far as the story mode goes, if they have something like MLB Power Pros. where it's like an RPG. that'd be fun, but PS3 remains a ripoff.

The story mode seems to be pretty cool.  You get to make choices of what you do after games and who you associate with and seems pretty in depth.  The demo showed a piece of it and it was fun.  It seems like a RPG that also mixes in basketball play. 

Here is a link to the website that explains more about the story mode and gives a better feel for the game.

www.stepintothelife.com