Poll

Do you believe the Celtics can still come back from down 3-1?

Yes
14 (41.2%)
No
20 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: [Down 2-0, Do You Believe?] Updated: Down 3-1...How 'bout now?  (Read 22187 times)

Re: Down 2-0, Do You Believe?
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2020, 12:19:14 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Hard to come back up from 0-2.

It'll take A LOT of things and near perfect execution and Miami to go cold for it to work.

Game 3 is a must-win game

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2020, 12:20:52 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Hard to come back up from 0-2.

It'll take A LOT of things and near perfect execution and Miami to go cold for it to work.

Game 3 is a must-win game
We've lost by a total of 8 points in the 2 games, yet it takes near perfect execution to win? What? We had nearly 20 turnovers. Cut that down to 15 and we win this game
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2020, 12:27:54 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I've believed this far, still believe now. This team can take a punch

When is the Celts going to punch back?

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2020, 12:31:01 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I've believed this far, still believe now. This team can take a punch

When is the Celts going to punch back?
I'd say G3. We all thought in G4 against Toronto the Cs would be on fire after giving up a dumb shot with 0.5 to go, but they didn't. However, in G5 against the Raps we came out as hungry as ever.

If we don't come out with that fire in our belly next game the series is toast. But I think we can
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2020, 12:34:33 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
C's have been coming out with great energy....only to relax and lose that edge....I'd almost rather have them down a bit at halftime.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2020, 12:37:53 AM »

Offline ausbacker

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 39
In the players, yes, the coach, no.

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2020, 12:38:05 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I do!!! I love the Celtics. I do not like the blow up in the locker room.  The blow up in the locker room tells me that they feel entitled like Miami is not supposed to be up 2-0. That is hubris and that is exactly why they are where they are. The need to come out with the hunger of an underdog, with a chip on their shoulder. You need that edge in the playoffs. Notice how disciplined the Heat are, and how they are not letting Celtics get any bulletin material.

I fear that the Cs are overconfident. I believe if they play with urgency they can still take the series.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 12:46:50 AM by Ogaju »

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2020, 12:55:57 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I believe the Heat are the better team.

I believe this will be an important step in this team's growth.

Nice to see you give up as well.

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2020, 01:01:31 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
I do!!! I love the Celtics. I do not like the blow up in the locker room.  The blow up in the locker room tells me that they feel entitled like Miami is not supposed to be up 2-0. That is hubris and that is exactly why they are where they are. The need to come out with the hunger of an underdog, with a chip on their shoulder. You need that edge in the playoffs. Notice how disciplined the Heat are, and how they are not letting Celtics get any bulletin material.

I fear that the Cs are overconfident. I believe if they play with urgency they can still take the series.

I love the blow up in the locker room. Get mad, get angry! Bird came out and said his team played like sissies! I don't want this team to go down quietly!!!! FIGHT!!!!!

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2020, 01:05:21 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

It is what is is. I think I've seen enough. I don't see how things are gonna change enough to be the difference here.

The heat are deeper, more experienced, better rested, they have more shooting, and they are totally confident.  They don't fear the Celtics one bit.

At this point I'd really like the Celtics to win a game or two to avoid the sweep.  I think the Celtics are similar to the 2011 Thunder right now. They're on the cusp of being really good but they're facing a team that is at a different stage.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2020, 01:07:01 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Overreactions and burn the team down is a bit much when our two young budding stars are 22 and 23....

Now people want Stevens gone? Seriously..would love to go back to 2004 with Sox down 3-0 and here what they wanted to do with Francona- That team was dead in the water

One game at a time..I have seen come crazy turnarounds before...Let’s win the next one..I believe

If folks want to fire Stevens after 2 losses, I imagine after 4 they will want to fire Danny Ainge, trade Tatum and Brown, and have Wyc and Co sell the team  :police:

Hahaha! So true...I have an every feeling we will one day soon be preparing for a game 6....

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2020, 01:09:29 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

It is what is is. I think I've seen enough. I don't see how things are gonna change enough to be the difference here.

The heat are deeper, more experienced, better rested, they have more shooting, and they are totally confident.  They don't fear the Celtics one bit.

At this point I'd really like the Celtics to win a game or two to avoid the sweep.  I think the Celtics are similar to the 2011 Thunder right now. They're on the cusp of being really good but they're facing a team that is at a different stage.

Tell that to these people here. They can’t win as long as Tatum is being useless and Brad is here.

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2020, 02:07:44 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
Great teams go through tough times, the same goes for fans. It is crazy how fans overreact over a couple of close losses

Everyone is p---ed over the missed opportunities via giving up leads, but we are the better team, we shot ourselves in the leg last two games, but it is not close to being over.

what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2020, 02:19:14 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Great teams go through tough times, the same goes for fans. It is crazy how fans overreact over a couple of close losses

Everyone is p---ed over the missed opportunities via giving up leads, but we are the better team, we shot ourselves in the leg last two games, but it is not close to being over.

They shot themselves in the foot several times after the first-round. This is not the end of it.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2020, 03:00:51 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Honestly, I would usually believe but not this time seeing how we blew 15+ point lead so stupidly, looking absolutely lost this time to Bam who seemed to turn into Shaq. We don’t have the patience and resolve the Heat have, not to mention they outhustled us in the 4th. Add to that their great shooting from 3 and their knack for big, timelt 3 pointers and I just don’t see it. Gordon’s return would be a boost but he will be limited and we can’t ask him much.

I would honestly not be surprised if we come out firing in game 3 only to lose down the stretch. So let’s say I’m cautiously pessimistic.