Author Topic: Welcome to CelticsBlog Tehran Lakers!  (Read 3192 times)

Welcome to CelticsBlog Tehran Lakers!
« on: July 29, 2008, 07:22:18 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Tehran Lakers,

We are pleased that you have decided to become a member of CelticsBlog and we hope you enjoy your time with us here.

Tell us a little bit about yourself.

Edgar
Moderador español
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

Re: Welcome to CelticsBlog Tehran Lakers!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 07:24:35 PM »

Offline Shaqzilla

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
LAKER FAN  >:(

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 07:25:05 PM »

Offline Tehran Lakers

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 6
Just to let everyone know, this is the profile to be used by co-owners Robb and cordobes to make life easier for you during the Celtics Blog Fantasy Draft.  I didn't want you to have to send messages to two different people, so the both of us will be using this profile to discuss trades and draft picks.

I hope that this works, because it makes a lot of sense at this point.

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 07:46:56 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice

And our dancers can play the game!

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 07:52:44 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
LOL. Hilarious.

First LA loses the Clips to Winnipeg, and now the Lakers to Tehran. Guess LA will be first up for an expansion team.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 09:19:55 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
LOL. Hilarious.

First LA loses the Clips to Winnipeg, and now the Lakers to Tehran. Guess LA will be first up for an expansion team.

OK My time to be a follower

Nicaraguan Fan where are u

I need to pull this Central America Mavericks.... ;)
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 06:12:40 AM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
I'll give the reason why we're the Tehran Lakers, cordobes and I both knew that we'd want to be the Celtics, but there was going to be a lot of competition to get that name and if we couldn't, we wanted a good back up plan.  Personally, I went through the rest of the league and tried to find a team I'd like to own if it wasn't the Celtics and I couldn't find any.  Everyone had drawbacks and no one would make me as happy as the Celtics.  I'm sure cordobes felt the same way.

So we came up with this idea, because if you can't be with the one you love, then, well...shame the ones you hate.  We figured if our combined Celtics fandom couldn't get us the boys in green, we'd have to go to the second option of ruining the franchise we despise.  We're keeping nothing from the old days.  Save the name.  I just love the idea that we're the Tehran LAKErs.  I think it's rubbing in the fact that the Los Angeles Lakers have one of the more ridiculous names in sports.

Choosing Tehran was honestly just finding a midpoint between Korea (me) and Portugal (cordobes).  The map I checked was admittedly a little less than perfect, but I wanted something in the middle of the desert and I thought it would be the best place to put the team I hate.  Politics has nothing to do with it.  I just saw Iran and Tehran was the first team that came to mind.  Second choice was Babylon Lakers, and actually...that sounds pretty cool.  Maybe next year?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 06:24:27 AM by Robb »
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2008, 10:53:38 AM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
I also had some less noble reasons than those  Robb enunciated:

- Stealing Lakers' fans their team. Not a fan of the Divine Marquis, but I love to inflict them pain. On the other hand, some fans like Sean Penn, Tim Robbins, Susan Sarandon et all would certainly start buying season-tickets.

- Home court advantage. Nobody is going to beat us at Tehran with a 20 hours jet-lag. We may suffer in the 1st game of our road trips, but we'll be fine after that.

- Our players will have a good environment to develop their game. Few distractions, night clubs, etc.

It was a really astute move from the Tehran Lakers ownership, I think.

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2008, 11:58:28 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I also had some less noble reasons than those  Robb enunciated:

- Stealing Lakers' fans their team. Not a fan of the Divine Marquis, but I love to inflict them pain. On the other hand, some fans like Sean Penn, Tim Robbins, Susan Sarandon et all would certainly start buying season-tickets.

- Home court advantage. Nobody is going to beat us at Tehran with a 20 hours jet-lag. We may suffer in the 1st game of our road trips, but we'll be fine after that.

- Our players will have a good environment to develop their game. Few distractions, night clubs, etc.

It was a really astute move from the Tehran Lakers ownership, I think.

assuming you can keep your players in one piece heh.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2008, 12:02:48 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
LOL. Hilarious.

We all saw how well that work in the NFL for LA.