Author Topic: Welcome to CelticsBlog KGamblePreBigContract!  (Read 2365 times)

Welcome to CelticsBlog KGamblePreBigContract!
« on: June 30, 2008, 01:43:15 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
KGamblePreBigContract,

We are pleased that you have decided to become a member of CelticsBlog and we hope you enjoy your time with us here.

Tell us a little bit about yourself.

Edgar
Moderador espaņol
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

Re: Welcome to CelticsBlog KGamblePreBigContract!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 01:56:50 PM »

KGamblePreBigContract

Hello all - Gerald Henderson fan, Kelvin Upshaw fan, Reggie Lewis fan, Derrik Smith (Sp?) fan, Rick Fox fan (forgive me), Toine fan (Double Double forgive me), Leon Powe/BBD fan - PP HOF - KG DFENS - RA CLASS

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 01:59:56 PM »

KGamblePreBigContract

Kevin Gamble the slasher fan, before he got his big contract and became a jump shooter.  Dee Brown Freshman year after loss to Detroit Q.'what are you gonna do this summer?' A.'I'm gonna work out and get better', Sophmore NBA season summer league bigger, stronger, jumped higher before blowing out his knee and never being the same again fan.

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 02:54:53 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
It's funny what we saw as a big contract back in those days.  I believe Gamble signed a three year, $3.7 million deal. 

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 02:54:03 PM »

KGamblePreBigContract

yea, contracts then compared to contracts now.

Also, recall that Kevin Gamble came out of the CBA, he was making next to nothing and had that underdog aspect because he had to go through the CBA to make the NBA.  His 'BIG CONTRACT' was his first contract where he got paid 'real' money that recognized him beyond a 'borderline CBA'er gone NBA' - but that 'real money' wasn't stratospheric, but to Kevin Gamble it was huge compared to what he had been making.  It just seemed to me after that, maybe he feared injury - but he stopped driving to the hoop (which was his bread and butter) and started shooting and consistently hitting his midrange jumper, which might have been effective, but wasn't what made me come to love him as a player.