Author Topic: Welcome to CelticsBlog bogart1959!  (Read 2159 times)

Welcome to CelticsBlog bogart1959!
« on: April 28, 2008, 09:23:40 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
bogart1959,

We are pleased that you have decided to become a member of CelticsBlog and we hope you enjoy your time with us here.

Tell us a little bit about yourself.

Edgar
Moderador espaņol
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

Re: Welcome to CelticsBlog bogart1959!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 10:03:07 PM »

Offline bogart1959

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 1
My Father, Robert Grant Ellis was The Official Santa Claus for The Celtics many times. The most popular party was at The Boston Garden 1n 1992, with my Dad, Bob, Santa Claus, Ellis entertaing the team and their families! We have many pictures of Bob with Bird, DJ, Kevin Mchale, etc. . Bob just passed away on 04/11/2008. We were hoping he could be mentioned some where, as we have a letter thanking him and proclaiming him the best Santa Claus they ever had! The hair, the beard, and the belly were all real! His spirit of Saint Nick was real also! I am sure Bob's picture hangs in homes such as Bird's as when you see the picture you can see the twinkle in all their eyes! Bob was truely a great man, not only entertaining professionals like The Celtics, but volunteering his time to visit terminally ill children all over the area! We hope you can mention him as he touched so many! In loving memory of Robert, Santa Claus, Ellis!

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 10:09:07 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Great post, Bogart.  Your father sounded like a wonderful man and its truly great to hear that he brought joy to the Celtics organization for many years as well as help out children in the community.  Truly an inspiration.  I express my condolences over your recent loss. I'm sure he's looking down on this Celtics team.

Welcome to Celticsblog.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 11:15:31 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2410
I'd like to echo Donoghus words and join him in welcoming you to CelticsBlog bogart1959