Author Topic: Trade idea for Siakam.  (Read 3925 times)

Trade idea for Siakam.
« on: July 07, 2023, 11:22:49 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
We send Horford, PP, and Brogdon with picks to Toronto for Siakam. It's a full restart for the Raps and an all in push for the Celtics.

Our starting line up of White, Brown, Tatum, Siakam, and Zinger is a great two way team.

Re: Trade idea for Siakam.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2023, 11:33:43 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
Need some picks.

It is a bad trade for Toronto. Brogdon and Horford are win-now players with little future offerings. Pritchard is the only long term piece. TOR can find a better deal for Siakam. It might not be much (a 1st or two) but it will be better.

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2023, 11:34:49 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1410
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Yeah.

I don't see this team taking on another large salary. We're already top heavy as is. Don't see the logic in consolidating our remaining depth into another max salary.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2023, 11:39:45 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Yeah.

I don't see this team taking on another large salary. We're already top heavy as is. Don't see the logic in consolidating our remaining depth into another max salary.

Yeah, either your trading Brown for an other big piece or your trading Brogdon for a couple smaller ones. We don't need any more offense, we do need some hustle guys who will do the little things.

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2023, 11:45:31 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Need some picks.

It is a bad trade for Toronto. Brogdon and Horford are win-now players with little future offerings. Pritchard is the only long term piece. TOR can find a better deal for Siakam. It might not be much (a 1st or two) but it will be better.

If the Warriors start slow out of the gate that 1st round pick we hold of theirs could look appealing, though next years draft class is not looking all that exciting at the moment. That’s the only pick we really have IMO that holds much value in a big trade. End of the first round and second round picks wouldn’t excite Toronto that much to trade for.

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2023, 11:56:57 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
Need some picks.

It would mostly be about the picks but Brogdon and Horford could help steer the young Raps.

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2023, 08:58:42 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
https://twitter.com/droppingdimes27/status/1680964050954379268?t=DUhlD7jhknyr71sJ62z2wQ&s=19

Have yall seen this guy on Twitter?  Claims C's had conversations on OG.  Maybe Brogdon and Hauser and a pick for OG and filler (Thaddeus) ??

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2023, 09:20:45 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1551
I don't think it is all that likely that Boston could get Siakam without Brown, however, if it was possible, I think it would take multiple teams to get it done.

Perhaps something like this

Boston - Siakam
LAC - Brogdon, Young
LAL - Horford, Porter
Toronto - Morris, Zubac, Prince, Vanderbilt, Christie, Pritchard, BOS 24 1st, GS 24 1st (from BOS), BOS 25 1st swap rights, BOS 26 1st

So the Boston component is acquiring Siakam for Brogdon, Horford, Pritchard, 3 1st's and 1 swap.  That trade also does Horford a solid by sending him to a contending team in city a lot of guys like playing in.

Toronto shaves money this year and Zubac is the only guy signed more than a year (at reasonable money so he is a solid asset).  They get a look at some guys and pick up 3 1st's (plus if they don't buy them out Morris and Prince could be valuable to use as trade fodder).  Solid trade for where they are and Siakam's contract situation.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2023, 09:31:45 PM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
https://twitter.com/droppingdimes27/status/1680964050954379268?t=DUhlD7jhknyr71sJ62z2wQ&s=19

Have yall seen this guy on Twitter?  Claims C's had conversations on OG.  Maybe Brogdon and Hauser and a pick for OG and filler (Thaddeus) ??

I'm not taking this rumor or account seriously but I will consider it just for fun.

Anunoby has been vocal about wanting an increased role on offense and it's clear any team that trades for him has to be prepared to offer him a max deal/extension in one year. Unless you're going to extend him immediately, his focus could be on money more than winning this year and that often leads to conflict. How is he going to score when we already have so many guys ahead of him?

He strikes me as a better defensive version of Jerami Grant. Grant could have made less and stayed in Denver as the fourth guy like Aaron Gordon. He decided to make more money by going to bad teams like Detroit and then Portland instead. There's nothing wrong with that, but the Celtics should be targeting guys more in Porzingis' boat: they made their money and are willing to take slightly less to just win.

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2023, 09:45:51 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
A favorable contract would be Bogdanovic of the Hawks.  He's younger than the Detroit Bogdanovic. He just signed a 4 year extension in March.

Brogdon and Hauser for Bogdanovic and Saddiq Bey would be huge for wing depth. Pritchard would have to be counted on as backup PG.

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2023, 02:18:59 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 733
Posted this idea on the Jaylen Brown supermax thread before I saw liam's post, so I thought I would offer it up here as well.
Maybe we also have to throw in a draft pick ......

Jaylen, Hauser, Kornet, Champagnie to Toronto for Pascal Siakam.
The salaries work under the CBA. I would have liked to have kept Hauser, but I chose Peyton Pritchard instead.
Brown gets a new start as the top dog in Toronto and the Celts gain an inside force and have a more content locker room with a solid pecking order.
Then, Brad pulls his head out of his ass and hires a competent head coach and the Celtics hang a few banners.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 02:38:27 AM by tenn_smoothie »
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2023, 07:09:00 AM »

Online boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Need some picks.

Maybe, but I've read some things where the Raptors are in on Brogdon because they lost Banton and VanFleet.  Brad will have to make darn sure White/PP, Banton, JD are enough at the point though.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2023, 08:24:59 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
Need some picks.

Maybe, but I've read some things where the Raptors are in on Brogdon because they lost Banton and VanFleet.  Brad will have to make darn sure White/PP, Banton, JD are enough at the point though.

When we traded Smart (a combo guard) for Porzingis (a big), it made sense in terms of roster balance.  We had excess redundancy at combo guard and a shortage of bigs.  A shortage such that for a whole season, we had to play a 1 big, multi-guard line up instead of the historically good 2-big line up that we had used the season before.

But now that that trade is done, we don't have excess redundancy at combo guard anymore and we don't have nearly the need in the big rotation.  Trading guards for Siakam makes no sense now.  It could have been a very viable option instead of Porzingis, but not now in addition to Porzingis.

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2023, 06:31:03 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
A favorable contract would be Bogdanovic of the Hawks.  He's younger than the Detroit Bogdanovic. He just signed a 4 year extension in March.

Brogdon and Hauser for Bogdanovic and Saddiq Bey would be huge for wing depth. Pritchard would have to be counted on as backup PG.
While Bogdan is younger than Bojan (no relation), Bogdan is still actually older than Brogdon. He just looks 24.

But I am a big fan of his. Really underrated player in my opinion. He and Brogdon are near-equivalent shooters, and both are somewhat injury-prone. I view that as a largely lateral move.

Bey vs Hauser is interesting. Bey is a much better scorer and NBA athlete, Hauser is the better shooter, they're similar defensively (Hauser and his underrated defence might actually be better).

It's an interesting proposal. I really like all 4 guys in the trade package
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2023, 06:35:41 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468
We send Horford, PP, and Brogdon with picks to Toronto for Siakam. It's a full restart for the Raps and an all in push for the Celtics.

Our starting line up of White, Brown, Tatum, Siakam, and Zinger is a great two way team.

Who's backing up the guard spots?  Me?