Author Topic: trade target: Dario Saric  (Read 6453 times)

trade target: Dario Saric
« on: June 16, 2019, 01:22:32 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
I've been a big Saric fan since his rookie year, even advocated we take him with the 6th pick back in 2014. I'm still intrigued by his game - excellent passer, ball handler, capable shooter, great free throw shooter.

Is there any chance Minnesota would trade him to us for, say, Yabusele & the 22nd pick?

I know it's a long shot, but DA has to start making moves if he wants to keep this team competing in the east, and rookies aint gonna cut it.

His salary is cheap - I much rather pay Saric $3 mill next year than overpay an aging and, quite frankly, frustrating player in Marcus Morris.

Saric can even play a little small ball center.

Re: trade target: Dario Saric
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 01:29:40 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
I think it would take 20 plus 22 number draft pick but I’m all for this trade. One of the picks basically came out of nowhere so we are paying with house money.

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 01:50:31 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
I think it would take 20 plus 22 number draft pick but I’m all for this trade. One of the picks basically came out of nowhere so we are paying with house money.

Not so sure i'd include both those picks since Saric is a free agent in 2020.

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 01:53:50 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Not so sure i'd include both those picks since Saric is a free agent in 2020.
Yeah, I wouldn't include both.

http://tradenba.com/trades/SJCUKU7kr

Maybe something like that ^ or the the #22 instead of #20
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 01:54:21 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Have always liked Saric as a player.

Minnesota would probably want Tatum.

So, let's break this down. It's the offseason so why not have some fun with wacky hypothetical scenarios (even if I get rude responses.)

Say we can sign D'Angelo Russell by carving out cap space and renouncing Kyrie, Rozier, Morris, yada yada

Trade Tatum for Saric and the #11 pick. Sign and trade Horford to Houston for Capela.

You would have a team of Russell/Brown/Hayward/Saric/Capela. That's a pretty good team (IMO) with Smart, Baynes, Robert Williams and Ojeleye coming off the bench. Then you could draft some good talent with our picks like PJ Washington (no.11), Nickeil-Alexander Walker (no.14),Cameron Johnson (no. 20) and Goga Bitzade (no.22). You get shooting, size and athleticism with our picks.

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2019, 01:55:44 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
I've been a big Saric fan since his rookie year, even advocated we take him with the 6th pick back in 2014. I'm still intrigued by his game - excellent passer, ball handler, capable shooter, great free throw shooter.

Is there any chance Minnesota would trade him to us for, say, Yabusele & the 22nd pick?

I know it's a long shot, but DA has to start making moves if he wants to keep this team competing in the east, and rookies aint gonna cut it.

His salary is cheap - I much rather pay Saric $3 mill next year than overpay an aging and, quite frankly, frustrating player in Marcus Morris.

Saric can even play a little small ball center.

I would say no chance Minny says yes.

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2019, 01:58:18 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

So, let's break this down. It's the offseason so why not have some fun with wacky hypothetical scenarios (even if I get rude responses.)

Say we can sign D'Angelo Russell by carving out cap space and renouncing Kyrie, Rozier, Morris, yada yada

Trade Tatum for Saric and the #11 pick. Sign and trade Horford to Houston for Capela.

You would have a team of Russell/Brown/Hayward/Saric/Capela. That's a pretty good team (IMO) with Smart, Baynes, Robert Williams and Ojeleye coming off the bench. Then you could draft some good talent with our picks like PJ Washington, Nickael-Alexander Walker, Goga Bitzade and Cameron Johnson. You get shooting, size and athleticism with our picks.
What on earth... are you serious? We're talking about a 25 year-old PF who just put up 11/6/2 averages on good efficiency, but not amazing. That is a shocking trade

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2019, 01:59:02 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

You would have a team of Russell/Brown/Hayward/Saric/Capela. That's a pretty good team (IMO) with Smart, Baynes, Robert Williams and Ojeleye coming off the bench. Then you could draft some good talent with our picks like PJ Washington, Nickael-Alexander Walker, Goga Bitzade and Cameron Johnson. You get shooting, size and athleticism with our picks.
What on earth... are you serious? We're talking about a 25 year-old PF who just put up 11/6/2 averages on good efficiency, but not amazing. That is a shocking trade
Don't see them getting Tatum unless Towns is on the table.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2019, 02:01:33 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

Gives Hayward a chance to start at small forward and we get a younger power forward to replace Horford.

But it doesn't matter. Bad idea. Scrap it.

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2019, 02:57:10 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
So basically a trash player and two trash picks for a talented rotation player? 

Yeah... sign me up, dawg.

More realistically... #14 + #20 + Yabu... seems more reasonable.

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2019, 07:11:40 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Saric his value is pretty low right now, so he could be an example of 'buy low - sell high'. Though Minnesota could be embarrassed to let him go for cheap. But Yabusele + #22 for Saric is a trade I could get behind, since he's a free agent next year I don't want to go higher than that.

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2019, 07:16:18 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Why not just keep Marcus Morris?

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2019, 07:29:11 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445

You would have a team of Russell/Brown/Hayward/Saric/Capela. That's a pretty good team (IMO) with Smart, Baynes, Robert Williams and Ojeleye coming off the bench. Then you could draft some good talent with our picks like PJ Washington (no.11), Nickeil-Alexander Walker (no.14),Cameron Johnson (no. 20) and Goga Bitzade (no.22). You get shooting, size and athleticism with our picks.

It’s definately silly season isn’t it ::)

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2019, 07:30:42 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
So basically a trash player and two trash picks for a talented rotation player? 

Yeah... sign me up, dawg.

More realistically... #14 + #20 + Yabu... seems more reasonable.
It's almost as if picks in the teens can lead to talented rotation players, isn't it?

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2019, 07:48:33 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Why not just keep Marcus Morris?

Morris will be 30 before the season starts, where Saric is 25. When Brown and Tatum hit their prime I think Morris will be in retirement.