Author Topic: Rumor: Celtics refused to make Tatum available in trade talks with New Orleans  (Read 20964 times)

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I'd resign Marcus Morris and start him over Jaylen Brown.

I would like to see him packaged as part of a deal for Capella.

A Capella Horford Tatum Front Court is not bad.

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
We still have a logjam at the wing. If we keep Tatum, i hope we trade Brown for a big then. I don’t think we can move Hayward.

Smart-Tatum-Hayward-Horford-Bigman

Pretty slow lineup though
- LilRip

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I've never been a big Danny Ainge fan and I'm not sure I ever will be.

IMO, he's not a good drafter and his track record of free agency and trades is slightly above average.

Also, Ainge has been putrid in the last calendar year.

He's literally done NOTHING and the team went down the drain in the playoffs as a result.

That said, I find it hard to believe he wouldn't have given up Tatum if he thought there was at least a puncher's chance that he could keep Davis in Boston.

Once Rich Paul came out and basically told the Celtics to go to hell, that killed any chance of the Celts getting Davis.

Now Paul, Lebron and Davis can celebrate, have a nice dinner and play footsies underneath the table.

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
The details of the AD trade are supposedly going to be as bad for the Lakers as the KG-Pierce trade was for the Nets:

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2019/06/anthony-davis-trade-espns-brian-windhorst-calls-trade-potentially-scandalous-and-nets-celtics-trade-part-2.html

“What they gave up for him is potentially scandalous,” he told ESPN 710 in Los Angeles. “It is an unbelievable haul that they gave. And not all the details are out there yet, but when they get out there, you’re going to see why. It is the Nets-Celtics trade part 2. It’s going to affect them long after LeBron is out of his prime and maybe no longer on the team.”

“What they gave was one of the most lopsided trades, in terms of draft compensation, in NBA history,” Windhorst said bluntly, adding that the Lakers seem to have given up control of their draft for the next five to seven years.

Supposedly, LA gave the Pelicans control of their picks for the next 5-7 years.

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
I'd resign Marcus Morris and start him over Jaylen Brown.

I would like to see him packaged as part of a deal for Capella.

A Capella Horford Tatum Front Court is not bad.

Unfortunately there was no truth to that Capela to the Celts rumor.

From what I've read, the price was too high and the Celts and Rockets never really discussed anything about trading Capela to the Celts.

It was too good to be true.

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
The details of the AD trade are supposedly going to be as bad for the Lakers as the KG-Pierce trade was for the Nets:

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2019/06/anthony-davis-trade-espns-brian-windhorst-calls-trade-potentially-scandalous-and-nets-celtics-trade-part-2.html

“What they gave up for him is potentially scandalous,” he told ESPN 710 in Los Angeles. “It is an unbelievable haul that they gave. And not all the details are out there yet, but when they get out there, you’re going to see why. It is the Nets-Celtics trade part 2. It’s going to affect them long after LeBron is out of his prime and maybe no longer on the team.”

“What they gave was one of the most lopsided trades, in terms of draft compensation, in NBA history,” Windhorst said bluntly, adding that the Lakers seem to have given up control of their draft for the next five to seven years.

I've never felt so giddy about being outbid in a trade before. Shelbourne saying New Orleans will control LA's picks for up to 7 years made me smile
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Tim Bontemps

Verified account

@TimBontemps
Follow Follow @TimBontemps
More
The Pelicans will get the following picks from the Lakers, league sources tell ESPN:

No. 4 pick in 2019
Top-8 protected in 2021, becomes unprotected in ‘22
Unprotected swap in ‘23
Unprotected first in ‘24
Unprotected swap in ‘25

Tremendous haul for David Griffin & the Pelicans.

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
We still have a logjam at the wing. If we keep Tatum, i hope we trade Brown for a big then. I don’t think we can move Hayward.

The solution is to play Tatum at PF.

That way Tatum, Brown, and Hayward will be able to start.

There's no way Hayward would be happy if he still plays 26 minutes per game coming off the bench.

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

I've never felt so giddy about being outbid in a trade before. Shelbourne saying New Orleans will control LA's picks for up to 7 years made me smile

Yeah, wow....the Lakers massively overpaid for a guy who was going to sign with them next summer anyway.

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Yeah, wow....the Lakers massively overpaid for a guy who was going to sign with them next summer anyway.
Nothing will stop me or dreaming about the Lakers flopping next year and AD walking in free agency
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline 0003323344

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
I've never been a big Danny Ainge fan and I'm not sure I ever will be.

IMO, he's not a good drafter and his track record of free agency and trades is slightly above average.

Also, Ainge has been putrid in the last calendar year.

He's literally done NOTHING and the team went down the drain in the playoffs as a result.

That said, I find it hard to believe he wouldn't have given up Tatum if he thought there was at least a puncher's chance that he could keep Davis in Boston.

Once Rich Paul came out and basically told the Celtics to go to hell, that killed any chance of the Celts getting Davis.

Now Paul, Lebron and Davis can celebrate, have a nice dinner and play footsies underneath the table.

More is coming. They're 30 mil under the cap so the next big 3 is about to be formed starring once again James the author of 2 such big 3's before. Golden State is no longer the story in the NBA so now the NBA and ESPN needs something to talk about. The Lakers are relevant again. The NBA wants this because this will earn revenue for the league. Really sickening because NOLA had already told the Lakers to pound sand in February yet they still trade AD to them for basically the same package. The rumor was Ainge would trade anybody on the roster to get AD who he has coveted for YEARS and has hoarded all those number 1 picks for and then all of a sudden doesn't make the trade? Unreal. The Celtics have been set back for years now.

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Tim Bontemps

Verified account

@TimBontemps
Follow Follow @TimBontemps
More
The Pelicans will get the following picks from the Lakers, league sources tell ESPN:

No. 4 pick in 2019
Top-8 protected in 2021, becomes unprotected in ‘22
Unprotected swap in ‘23
Unprotected first in ‘24
Unprotected swap in ‘25

Tremendous haul for David Griffin & the Pelicans.

? I thought the deal was Ball, Ingram, Hart and 3 1st rounders including this year's Lakers pick.
You have 5 picks listed.

Offline 0003323344

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23

Nothing will stop me or dreaming about the Lakers flopping next year and AD walking in free agency

Alcindor Shaq Davis. The legacy continues. The lakers always get their man while the Celtics watch in vain.

RazzelnoDazzel

The solution is to play Tatum at PF.

That way Tatum, Brown, and Hayward will be able to start.

There's no way Hayward would be happy if he still plays 26 minutes per game coming off the bench.

That’s not a Solution it’s a problem. Tatum is just not as effective at PF. The Solution is to trade a wing for a Center.

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
The Ainge Empire continues to crumble.

What a fall from the throne.

Uh, what?