Author Topic: Trade season  (Read 3936 times)

Trade season
« on: June 14, 2019, 12:16:53 PM »

Offline CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
Excuse my lack of knowledge about this stuff, but does anyone know when is the first day a potential trade for AD would be possible?

Mods please move the thread if it's in the wrong section.

Re: Trade season
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 12:33:32 PM »

Offline DrJasper

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 71
I think teams can trade as soon as their season is over, so he could have been traded since the end of the regular season.
Memphis Grizzlies
PG: Dragic, Ball, Carter
SG: Temple, KCP, Holiday, Washburn
SF: Richardson, Anderson, Parsons, Casspi
PF: Jackson jr, Beasley, Watanabe
C: Adebayo, Green, Noah
https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/teams/Memphis-Grizzlies/14/Rosters/Regular/2019  +21 Lal 2nd

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 12:38:30 PM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
Depending on the structure of the trade they can happen at any point now.  There are some restrictions on making trades after in league year 2018-19 (players who's contracts expire at the end of the 2018-19 season cannot be traded, for an example) but as long as the trade is legal it can be completed at any time now.

Additionally, the league year rolls over on July 1st (might actually be 6 pm on June 30 this year) so that opens up other avenues for making a trade that wasn't possible at the end of 18/19 now possible in the new league year.

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 01:37:14 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
So with Kyrie declining his option, he is no longer a celtic, and the trade offer can be officialy made, or do we have to wait untily the 1st of July
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 01:44:43 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
So with Kyrie declining his option, he is no longer a celtic, and the trade offer can be officialy made, or do we have to wait untily the 1st of July

Contract expires the end of June

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2019, 01:48:45 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349

We have to wait until July 1st, as far as I know (Keith Smith said this recently). But can agree in principle.

@KeithSmithNBA Jun 12
Nothing changed for Boston's ability to trade for Davis. It can't happen until after the league year changes over on 7/1.

Well, I guess Rich Paul openly saying Davis won't re-sign in Boston might have changed some things. But nothing CBA-wise changes with Kyrie not opting in.

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2019, 01:54:46 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Contract expires the end of June

Yeah, he didn't opt out of his contract, he just didn't opt in to next season. So he is still ours until 6/30/19 at 6pm at the earliest.

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2019, 07:10:41 PM »

Offline CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74

We have to wait until July 1st, as far as I know (Keith Smith said this recently). But can agree in principle.

@KeithSmithNBA Jun 12
Nothing changed for Boston's ability to trade for Davis. It can't happen until after the league year changes over on 7/1.

Well, I guess Rich Paul openly saying Davis won't re-sign in Boston might have changed some things. But nothing CBA-wise changes with Kyrie not opting in.
Is that really Rich's decision to make though? I'm getting quite sick of this crap