Author Topic: Ideas for the next 48 hours...  (Read 2888 times)

Ideas for the next 48 hours...
« on: April 28, 2008, 11:59:44 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
...and how long they are going to seem.  Here are some ways I'm going to try to recover from tonight and get ready for Wednesday night

Watch something positive - After the Super Bowl I came right back to my room and threw in the Celtics history DVD.  Tonight I'm going to watch the 2004 WS Championship DVD.  I'm going to focus on the time after Game 3 of the ALCS, one of the lowest of lows in Boston history.  All seemed lost then, but it all worked out.

Focus on work/school - Luckily I have a ton of work to do and four classes tomorrow.  Wednesday I don't have any classes so that might be a very long day until 8 PM.

Vent early - Get all the negativity and anger out by tomorrow.  By Wednesday we all need to accept the situation we're in and forget about the first four games.  Wednesday is the single most important game of the year and we all need to be focused and positive.  The players and coaches need to learn from the last two games, but as fans I think it will be good and healthy to let them go.

Physical activity - For me I'm going to try to get a round of golf in and go to the gym.  Everyone else has their escapes.

Casual fans might think I'm nuts with this thread, but the diehards know the pain and know they need to bounce back from this and be ready to go Wednesday.  Of course feel free to comment and add to the list.  The players need to remember the concepts of Ubuntu, and us fans do too, were a team also!!
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."