Author Topic: Woj: Rondo to Lakers (2yrs/minimum)  (Read 2786 times)

Re: Woj: Rondo to Lakers
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2019, 04:20:26 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
So the Laker's line up is taking shape:

PG   Rondo
SG  Green
SF   LeBron
PF   Davis
C    Cousins

Cook
Cald-Pope
Kuzma
Dudley
McGee

Very old school
traditional lineup

rondo and cousins seem to be black holes on defense at their current state

Rondo is a joke on defense now, sadly

Lebron isn't far behind, he just doesn't put in the effort he used to.

That is true and was often overlooked last year IMO.

Re: Woj: Rondo to Lakers
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2019, 04:28:00 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
This is one free agent move i got right lol..but Lakers be only team to take him

this ^ ......because he is a butt circle and totally un coachable by anybody but LeBron .  He is LeBrons " cronie " and cross to bare.

got to feel sorry for the coach ,   this group plus the FO has to be the equivalent of basketball hell.   The man might go insane

TP...JR Smith would fit right in with these chumps too.

Free JR!

Re: Woj: Rondo to Lakers (2yrs/minimum)
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2019, 04:53:51 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
since the lakers failed on kawhi, they are really hitting the yard sale specials. all the good players are gone, so they are trying to patch something together.

james and davis will need to play a lot of minutes to get this team into the play offs because players such as rondo wont do it for them.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2019, 07:05:25 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
Rondo is so frustrating. He could still be a top 10 PG in the league if he just played with effort on defense. Instead he is happy to run out the clock on his career coasting through games.

I love his passing and driving. His outside shot is serviceable now. The offense is there. He is still rebounds well. And the defense ... you can see he's still got it when he is bothered to play with effort & focus but those days are few and far between.

What a waste.

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2019, 10:47:15 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
I think many are underselling Rondo.  He still can't shoot and teams will still sag off him and disrupt the offense for the rest of the team but this is actually a perfect team for him.  He will play enough defense when he needs to I predict.  Davis will still be anchoring the defense.

Think back to when Rondo was at his best.  He had Pierce, Allen, and Garnett to feed the ball to.  Now he has LeBron, Davis, and Cousins.  I don't think Rondo will be the problem with this team.  He will be fine.  I don't see him as a star and he will battle injuries along the way like everyone else on this team but he will be a solid distributor of the ball who won't worry about taking shots.  He will be perfectly happy to push the ball up the court, and then dribble around and look to rack up assists, just what the big guns want.