Author Topic: Kings (10-35) at Celtics (37-9) 1/28  (Read 44833 times)

Re: Kings (10-35) at Celtics (37-9) 1/28
« Reply #165 on: January 28, 2009, 09:55:55 PM »

Offline ILoveWalta

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 13
This is ugly garbage time basketball right now, on both sides.  Too many whistles!

« Reply #166 on: January 28, 2009, 09:56:34 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Leon has transformed into a scrub   :(

I don't understand why both baby and Powe can't play well.

It's like it's either one or the other.

I think it's chicken-egg here. Powe has been trying way too hard--looking for statement stuff and the like. My question is if this is because Doc has been taking away his PT, or if Doc has taken away his PT because of it.
Naw he started playing poorly and BBD has been stepping it up that is all. He'll either come out of it or not. Used to be he'd score and get to the line against anyone. Lately he's just been a TO waiting to happen. Still grabbing boards though.

« Reply #167 on: January 28, 2009, 09:58:21 PM »

Offline butterbeanlove

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 191
Is the refs' plane delayed at Logan and they're just trying to kill some time? Are we going to start calling touch fouls in garbage time? Do they get paid by the minute? Good God.

« Reply #168 on: January 28, 2009, 09:58:32 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 660
  • MASTER OF PANIC
be nice to win a 10th straight at detroit...have a 19 game and 10 plus win streak in the same year is pretty good  ;D

« Reply #169 on: January 28, 2009, 09:58:53 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Is doc not going to put rondo back in? why does he do that? completly annoying, every other coach in the league keep their guys in to add to their big nights..put him back in doc!

That's not even close to being what the Celtics are about. C'mon man. You know better.

Please, I realize the celtics arent about indiviual stats, rondo wants to make the all star game, hes not gonna do it waving a towel from the bench...most coaches let their guys play through it and prove it and try to make a statement...and he was playing great
His play this game wouldn't determine whether on not he's an all-star.

whatever man, yup keep him on the bench every game..hes 22, he can play more than 28 minutes
Why do you care how many minutes he gets in blow out games?

We are a championship team, not a stat chasing lottery team. He played so [dang] well we didn't need him in the fourth. I wish he did it every game and only got 28 minutes in every game.

I want him to make the all-star game because I know it means alot to him, period end of story...hes not going to make it playing 28 minutes a night
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #170 on: January 28, 2009, 10:00:57 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
61 points off the bench. So much for having a weak bench.

« Reply #171 on: January 28, 2009, 10:01:17 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Is doc not going to put rondo back in? why does he do that? completly annoying, every other coach in the league keep their guys in to add to their big nights..put him back in doc!

That's not even close to being what the Celtics are about. C'mon man. You know better.

Please, I realize the celtics arent about indiviual stats, rondo wants to make the all star game, hes not gonna do it waving a towel from the bench...most coaches let their guys play through it and prove it and try to make a statement...and he was playing great

whatever man, yup keep him on the bench every game..hes 22, he can play more than 28 minutes

We are a championship team, not a stat chasing lottery team. He played so [dang] well we didn't need him in the fourth. I wish he did it every game and only got 28 minutes in every game.

I want him to make the all-star game because I know it means alot to him, period end of story...hes not going to make it playing 28 minutes a night

All-Star voting is over, what happens tonight can't influence anything either way.  

Great game by our bench today...hopefully they can keep it up the next couple of weeks so our starters can be well-rested for the homestretch.

« Reply #172 on: January 28, 2009, 10:01:58 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Who cares if Rondo is an all-star. I care if he's a two time NBA champion.

« Reply #173 on: January 28, 2009, 10:02:07 PM »

• Don Chaney

man, you think rondo would rather be in the all-star game and out in the playoffs or no all-star game and another ring? obviously not a one or the other but you prioritize one and establish a philosophy and follow that which corresponds to what you value more.

Rondo cant get another ring if he plays more than 28 minutes?  huh, intersting..the all-star game means alot to him, he deserves to make it, you make the all-star game because of stats, I dont technically care about them myself, I just want him to make the game, thats it, thats all
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #174 on: January 28, 2009, 10:02:26 PM »

Offline ChainSmokingLikeDino

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 96

been chatting with rondo lately? :
you think that means more to him than another ring?

wrote this earlier but it got messed up:

man, you think rondo would rather be in the all-star game and out in the playoffs or no all-star game and another ring? obviously not a one or the other but you prioritize one and establish a philosophy and follow that which corresponds to what you value more.

seriously, the all-star game is a joke. a popularity contest. only fools judge careers on all-star games, the same people who think gold-gloves mean anything in mlb.

« Reply #175 on: January 28, 2009, 10:04:18 PM »

• Don Chaney
Sorry, but you arent making any sense, basically youre saying hes going to get injured if he plays more than 28 minutes, and cant win another championnship if he makes the all-star game.
if you think rondo doesnt want to make the game you're lost

« Reply #176 on: January 28, 2009, 10:06:08 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
Sorry, but you arent making any sense, basically youre saying hes going to get injured if he plays more than 28 minutes, and cant win another championnship if he makes the all-star game.

no one knows if he will get injured or not, but why risk it? 

« Reply #177 on: January 28, 2009, 10:11:42 PM »

• Don Chaney

no one knows if he will get injured or not, but why risk it? 

I got your point bro,and I dont want him injured thats for sure I just think he shouldve got some extended run the last month when hes really got it going  to make a statement for the all-star game...

« Reply #178 on: January 28, 2009, 10:13:16 PM »

• Don Chaney
Ughh...I just flipped on to ESPN and the first thing I hear is them talking about us on the Warriors Mavs Broadcast...Can they mention us without brining up that 2-9 stretch? GOD THATS ANNOYING...they also said we're "chasing the cavs" seems hard to believe a team with 3 more wins than any team is chasing anybody
Also, it looks like the mavs learned something from playing us, hehehe

« Reply #179 on: January 28, 2009, 10:15:21 PM »

Offline ChainSmokingLikeDino

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 96

that isn't what anyone is saying. what people are saying is there is a _risk_ of injury and a _risk_ of burn out. as i stated, it isn't one or the other but as a team, gm, coaches, players, et al. you have a philosophy and you stick with it. if your goal is a championship you don't veer from your philosophy just to pad stats for individual acclaim. when you claim you follow "ubuntu" you follow it. if you can rest your starters you rest them.

the nba season is a long haul and when you recognize that you do what you can to preserve your players health and stamina. when you have a blowout you rest them so when that game comes where they have to run 40 minutes they can. and in that game the team that hasn't been following the same philosophy hopefully tires while your team is fresh. and that is an extra win perhaps. etc. make sense? (this paragraphy written in hubie brown, second person mode.)