Author Topic: Kings (10-35) at Celtics (37-9) 1/28  (Read 44463 times)

Re: Kings (10-35) at Celtics (37-9) 1/28
« Reply #180 on: January 28, 2009, 10:18:32 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Ughh...I just flipped on to ESPN and the first thing I hear is them talking about us on the Warriors Mavs Broadcast...Can they mention us without brining up that 2-9 stretch? GOD THATS ANNOYING...they also said we're "chasing the cavs" seems hard to believe a team with 3 more wins than any team is chasing anybody
Also, it looks like the mavs learned something from playing us, hehehe
I laugh at the "chasing the Cavs" talk too. We are one behind in the loss column, but we also have three more wins.

That puts us at a whopping .005 percentage points behind their winning percentage. Also our point differentials have narrowed to roughly even, same with the efficiency differentials. Too very even teams, clearly the best two in the NBA.

« Reply #181 on: January 28, 2009, 10:20:54 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Sorry, but you arent making any sense, basically youre saying hes going to get injured if he plays more than 28 minutes, and cant win another championnship if he makes the all-star game.
if you think rondo doesnt want to make the game you're lost

that isn't what anyone is saying. what people are saying is there is a _risk_ of injury and a _risk_ of burn out. as i stated, it isn't one or the other but as a team, gm, coaches, players, et al. you have a philosophy and you stick with it. if your goal is a championship you don't veer from your philosophy just to pad stats for individual acclaim. when you claim you follow "ubuntu" you follow it. if you can rest your starters you rest them.

the nba season is a long haul and when you recognize that you do what you can to preserve your players health and stamina. when you have a blowout you rest them so when that game comes where they have to run 40 minutes they can. and in that game the team that hasn't been following the same philosophy hopefully tires while your team is fresh. and that is an extra win perhaps. etc. make sense?

I gotcha bro, But im still not buying the risk of injury or burning out crap...in that case you might as well never play him, theres always risk of injury in professionl sports..and im not suggesting he do it the whole season, just recently to make a statement to be at the allstar game (which he wont make now) rondo is 22, if he cant play more than 28-30 minutes a game without burning out - theres something wrong..and even if its a blowout, why is ray still getting more minutes than rondo?
Im not suggesting anything about padding stats either, just getting some more minutes, but at this point - throw that out the window because coaches like stan van gundy and mike brown have been letting there point guards make statements in bigger minutes and now rondo will be a spectator

Individual accolades mean something to players in this league whether you like it or not, and I think it would mean alot to rondo to make the game...thats all
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #182 on: January 28, 2009, 10:44:04 PM »

Offline ChainSmokingLikeDino

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 96
Sorry, but you arent making any sense, basically youre saying hes going to get injured if he plays more than 28 minutes, and cant win another championnship if he makes the all-star game.
if you think rondo doesnt want to make the game you're lost

that isn't what anyone is saying. what people are saying is there is a _risk_ of injury and a _risk_ of burn out. as i stated, it isn't one or the other but as a team, gm, coaches, players, et al. you have a philosophy and you stick with it. if your goal is a championship you don't veer from your philosophy just to pad stats for individual acclaim. when you claim you follow "ubuntu" you follow it. if you can rest your starters you rest them.

the nba season is a long haul and when you recognize that you do what you can to preserve your players health and stamina. when you have a blowout you rest them so when that game comes where they have to run 40 minutes they can. and in that game the team that hasn't been following the same philosophy hopefully tires while your team is fresh. and that is an extra win perhaps. etc. make sense?

I gotcha bro, But im still not buying the risk of injury or burning out crap...in that case you might as well never play him, theres always risk of injury in professionl sports..and im not suggesting he do it the whole season, just recently to make a statement to be at the allstar game (which he wont make now) rondo is 22, if he cant play more than 28-30 minutes a game without burning out - theres something wrong..and even if its a blowout, why is ray still getting more minutes than rondo?
Im not suggesting anything about padding stats either, just getting some more minutes, but at this point - throw that out the window because coaches like stan van gundy and mike brown have been letting there point guards make statements in bigger minutes and now rondo will be a spectator

Individual accolades mean something to players in this league whether you like it or not, and I think it would mean alot to rondo to make the game...thats all

i understand where you're coming from but you're also distorting things. no one is saying don't play him at all. in a game where rondo needs to run 40+ to get a win run him 40+. in a game where the outcome is decided why run the risk of injury for the sake of acquiring stats? (also, in this game the all-star thing is done. reserves are announced tomorrow. the coaches have already spoken) it isn't being said as a given that he will be injured or that he will be burnt out. but it is a given that if you have the luxury of rest in a season you hope will last at least 16 games longer than 82 why not keep players fresh? the only downside is individual accolades and if you accept the philosophy that this is not an individual game, which this team has (thankfully i would say), then when given the opportunity for rest you take it. nothing is a given in the league. so why run any risks that are not essential?

also, on what are you basing this assumption that rondo cares so much about the all-star game? of course it would be nice, but he has games in his future he will make and in the end it is insignificant in comparison to a ring. you have to make decisions and say we value (a) over (b) and stay true to that. in this case (a) being #18 and (b) 4 all stars. if an individual has to suffer for the sake of the team, then suck it up. i bet if you got down to it rondo is not opposed to following the philosophy of the team.

and as i  said earlier i think all-stat appearances and things like that are a joke anyways (iverson starting? come on. he's had nothing approaching an "all-star" year) so when it comes to things that effect championships vs. things that effect all-star appearances i know on which side i want the weight to fall.

« Reply #183 on: January 29, 2009, 01:05:26 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
snoozer. hate watching games like this.

Kings better get their crap together. (prob the most boring and bad team in the nba)

Huh, you hate doc rivers, and you hate celtics blowouts? whats wrong with you? who cares whether or not the kings get their act together

is it suppose to be insulting you called me a doc hater?? lol why thank you. Btw your cat rocks

And yeah its retarded to watch meaningless games like tonight. Celtics should have sat the starters from the beginning to make it for fun. (and we would still win)

Kings are pathetic, they don't even try, got nothing together. Maybe there is one coach worst than doc after all

« Reply #184 on: January 29, 2009, 01:21:25 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE

Kings better get their crap together. (prob the most boring and bad team in the nba)

Huh, you hate doc rivers, and you hate celtics blowouts? whats wrong with you? who cares whether or not the kings get their act together

is it suppose to be insulting you called me a doc hater?? lol why thank you. Btw your cat rocks

And yeah its retarded to watch meaningless games like tonight. Celtics should have sat the starters from the beginning to make it for fun. (and we would still win)

Kings are pathetic, they don't even try, got nothing together. Maybe there is one coach worst than doc after all

Never has anybody on celticsblog made me as angry as you have in the last couple days. If the Celtics go back to losing would you like that better? Would that be more interesting for you? How about we trade away KG, fire Doc, and get McHale over here to coach? The Celtics would be so much better if they didn't win the championship last year and they stopped blowing teams out.

« Reply #185 on: January 29, 2009, 01:32:49 AM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg

Never has anybody on celticsblog made me as angry as you have in the last couple days. If the Celtics go back to losing would you like that better? Would that be more interesting for you? How about we trade away KG, fire Doc, and get McHale over here to coach? The Celtics would be so much better if they didn't win the championship last year and they stopped blowing teams out.

No no, triboy is right. I'm so bored watching my team win. I wish they would lose more often, or at least have to squeak out every win. That way we could play our starters 48 minutes a night.

Also, great idea getting McHale to coach this team. Have you seen how well he's coached the Timberwolves?!?!? 10-2! Best record in the league!*

And yes, we should trade KG. He's done nothing for our franchise. He didn't even play in the all-star game last year, so no one in the media talked about us. There was something in June where people made a little fuss over him, but I don't know what it was about. I usually stop watching in April so I wasn't following too closely....

*in january.... meaning nothing
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #186 on: January 29, 2009, 08:03:41 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
 ???

« Reply #187 on: January 29, 2009, 01:42:37 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
guys chill stop pmsing. My point was basically that its more exciting to see the celts play a nba team than a nbdl team thats all. Would you rather watch cavs vs celts or celts vs kings??

I never stated i wanted to celts to lose. Maybe they should lose doc but thats another story

« Reply #188 on: January 29, 2009, 01:47:23 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
guys chill stop pmsing. My point was basically that its more exciting to see the celts play a nba team than a nbdl team thats all. Would you rather watch cavs vs celts or celts vs kings??

I never stated i wanted to celts to lose. Maybe they should lose doc but thats another story

Quickly! fire the head coach that all the players love to play for while were 38-9! Its the only way to save our season!

I think doc is a above average coach at best, but firing a popular players coach for no reason mid season isn't really helpful for team chemistry and preformance.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 01:52:27 PM by crownsy »
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion