Author Topic: What should the Celtics do this Offseason?  (Read 13244 times)

Re: What should the Celtics do this Offseason?
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2015, 08:42:06 AM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
Kawhi and WCS.

Find a way to sign Kawhi, and move up in the draft and grab WCS.
If you add Kawhi to Smart, Bradley, Crowder, you're talking the makings of an elite defensive team that can pressure teams, and also score pretty well. Let the impact scorers come off the bench, like IT.

Willie Cauley Stein is going to be a stellar defensive center. He's made for todays NBA at the center position.
It's not that he's a real 7'... he's quick, athletic and fast, and long enough, he defends out to the 3 point line, he can defend all 5 positions on the court. His lateral quickness is special, plus he jumps out of the building.
He will improve enough on the offensive end to make a small impact.
If the Spurs sign Gasol to a max deal, would they be able to also max out Leonard? I'm just trying to figure out how we would have a chance at this.

Re: What should the Celtics do this Offseason?
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2015, 03:39:16 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Trade KO, Boston 2015 (15), Clippers 2015(26),  2016 philly 2nd to Kings for the 6th pick to draft Stanley Johnson.

Trade AB and Philly second to Charlotte for their 2015 1st (12-10 range pick) and Lance(buy out). Draft WCS or Turner.

Resign Bass and Crowder if not too much $.

Smart/IT/Pressey
Turner/Young
SJ/Crowder/Crash
Sully/Bass
Zeller/WCS.
Why buy out Lance?  Let Stevens try to turn him around.  If Lance becomes a problem send him home.  His 3rd year is $9mil unguaranteed which is a valuable trade asset (like Bogans).
Turner and Lance on same team may be an issue chemistry wise. I was also under the impression his third year is a player option.
His 3rd year is a 9.4mil team option.  Stephenson can be sent home if necessary.  I don't see Turner as a core player for our future and it will be the last year of his contract.  I'd be looking to build up his value for a trade.
I'd skip buy out if it's team option. I don't consider Turner a core guy either just a stop gap.