Author Topic: Harden traded to Nets  (Read 23375 times)

Re: Harden traded to Nets
« Reply #90 on: January 13, 2021, 05:39:58 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
LaVert should flourish in Indy..

Cavs should have great defense but no offense hardly..Drummond & Allen are both FA after this season right??

Nets have no bench so if one of those stars goes down, they are done

Houston getting Olapido and picks is okay..better hit a home run with 2 of those picks
Cavs have one of the best scoring backcourts in basketball and do still have Love (at least for now).  They needed someone like Allen as a long-term fit with Sexton, Garland, and Okoro.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #91 on: January 13, 2021, 05:42:22 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
(Maybe) We should acquire Nance Jr (or/and Cedi)... If we don't have a bigger plan for our trade exception.
Nance would be an awesome get. He’s my front runner for DPOY this year so far, and has changed his game completely. Now a good shooter and passer, and can play 3-5
they aren't trading Nance unless they are blown away. Live and Drummond however are both easily gettable
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #92 on: January 13, 2021, 05:44:15 PM »

Online RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
I know depth isn't a big deal when you have a big three, but I do think depth matters.

Relying on Luwawu, Shamet, and Green as your bench is not ideal. With Dinwiddie already out, that hurts. Harris is a great fourth guy. As the season goes, I really think Jordan is going to show his age and inability to guard inside.

Still, that big three is pretty awesome. Kudos to them.

I really wonder what this means for Cleveland. I can't think McGee wants to get 0 minutes a game, but he doesn't deserve any with Allen and Drummond. It makes me think one of the two gets bought out. I don't think either helps the Cs.

I think it also shows that Indiana did not think Oladipo was resigning, no matter what. Great move by them.

I agree with this. But that also makes me wonder why Indiana wasn't willing to offer Oladipo in a sign-and-trade for Hayward?

« Reply #93 on: January 13, 2021, 05:45:50 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
(Maybe) We should acquire Nance Jr (or/and Cedi)... If we don't have a bigger plan for our trade exception.
Nance would be an awesome get. He’s my front runner for DPOY this year so far, and has changed his game completely. Now a good shooter and passer, and can play 3-5
they aren't trading Nance unless they are blown away. Live and Drummond however are both easily gettable
Yeah, Nance is probably their 4th hardest guy to get (behind their young trio). Not sure how much interest we would have in either of those other two
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #94 on: January 13, 2021, 05:48:54 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I know depth isn't a big deal when you have a big three, but I do think depth matters.

Relying on Luwawu, Shamet, and Green as your bench is not ideal. With Dinwiddie already out, that hurts. Harris is a great fourth guy. As the season goes, I really think Jordan is going to show his age and inability to guard inside.

Still, that big three is pretty awesome. Kudos to them.

I really wonder what this means for Cleveland. I can't think McGee wants to get 0 minutes a game, but he doesn't deserve any with Allen and Drummond. It makes me think one of the two gets bought out. I don't think either helps the Cs.

I think it also shows that Indiana did not think Oladipo was resigning, no matter what. Great move by them.

I agree with this. But that also makes me wonder why Indiana wasn't willing to offer Oladipo in a sign-and-trade for Hayward?

Because Indiana thought they had the Celtics under their thumb and they messed up. Im sure they thought the Celtics would be forced to take their offer, and they could flip Oladipo for something else later on.

« Reply #95 on: January 13, 2021, 05:55:40 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Nash is either dumb or a saint.

Rebuilding the Thunder 2.0 in NY?

These guys are starting to get like a movie you see on every channel every day of every week .   

They are tired and old ...glade to see this group disappear soon. 

« Reply #96 on: January 13, 2021, 05:58:28 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
LOL ... those funny nets tiring to steal Lebrons Covid Title #II 

« Reply #97 on: January 13, 2021, 05:58:34 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
While this may be one of the most talented trios in NBA history, I think they may be the worst fitting group of players I've ever seen. It's not hyperbole to say that Harden and Kyrie are two of the most abysmal off-ball players in the NBA. Both of them are gonna need to drastically change their playstyles for this to work. This isn't even touching on their defense. They have zero wing defenders. Who on this Net's team is gonna stop Lebron from bulldozing this team? Joe Harris? Landry Shamet? It'll be interesting to see if this much raw talent is enough to cover for what could be crippling deficiencies.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #98 on: January 13, 2021, 06:05:59 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
While this may be one of the most talented trios in NBA history, I think they may be the worst fitting group of players I've ever seen. It's not hyperbole to say that Harden and Kyrie are two of the most abysmal off-ball players in the NBA. Both of them are gonna need to drastically change their playstyles for this to work. This isn't even touching on their defense. They have zero wing defenders. Who on this Net's team is gonna stop Lebron from bulldozing this team? Joe Harris? Landry Shamet? It'll be interesting to see if this much raw talent is enough to cover for what could be crippling deficiencies.

Forget Lebron, who on that team is going to stop Jayson Tatum? ;D

« Reply #99 on: January 13, 2021, 06:06:11 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362

This sounds more like a team that the 3 Amigos constructed themselves than any GM.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #100 on: January 13, 2021, 06:12:17 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468

Add any great wing player, and the Nets probably won't be able to stop them. Combined with the fact they're relying on an old DeAndre Jordan to defend the paint? Looks like a disaster waiting to happen.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #101 on: January 13, 2021, 06:17:00 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Maybe Kyrie is truly going to sit out the season and Nets had no choice but to give up a decade of picks.

Remember in June of 2020, he tried to get all the players to quit the season and focus on racial injustice(respect that intention but don't agree with approach).

https://www.boston.com/sports/nba/2020/06/13/kyrie-irving-nba-restart-racial-justice-plan

Maybe his desire to make change has taken precedence over a game where he gets paid like royalty. If so, the Rockets should thank  Kyrie for the heist of picks.

Time will tell what is truly going on but I know I hate the Nets more than ever.

Look forward to Tatum and Brown facing them!

« Reply #102 on: January 13, 2021, 06:20:10 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740

durant

« Reply #103 on: January 13, 2021, 06:21:07 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Does this mean that we can get Allen for the Cavs?

« Reply #104 on: January 13, 2021, 06:25:22 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Does this mean that we can get Allen for the Cavs?

Gotta think he's their center of the future. Fits great with Sexton, Garland, and Okoro. The old guys - Love and Drummond - totally available probably.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman