Author Topic: Harden traded to Nets  (Read 23600 times)

Re: Harden traded to Nets
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2021, 05:16:05 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
This is a big win for the Pacers. They were already playing well this year, and now Levert can give them what they would have had in Hayward, but at a younger age and for less money.
I would hold off on that. It’s a nice move contract-wise, but LeVert might even be more injury-prone than Oladipo, and he’s a much worse defender. Warren, Sabonis and LeVert are a bad defensive trio
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2021, 05:16:41 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Holy moly, this is one of the biggest risk/reward move I've ever seen in the NBA. If things don't work out, the Nets might as well cease functioning for the next decade.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2021, 05:16:44 PM »

Offline Lioney

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 18
(Maybe) We should acquire Nance Jr (or/and Cedi)... If we don't have a bigger plan for our trade exception.

« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2021, 05:17:05 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
It stands to figure that we could have gotten Allen / Prince for a late #1 and part of our trade exception.

It’s funny, after years of needing a solid big, we finally have the resources to acquire one...  only to find that we’re too deep to take on another center.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #79 on: January 13, 2021, 05:18:44 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Depending on how well liked Oladipo was, I could also kinda see this be their Danny Granger/Evan Turner trade. I don't think LeVert is one to rock the boat, but he definitely plays his way.

« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2021, 05:18:45 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
So... is Kyrie actually going to come back soon? Because if not, what's the point? You gave away LeVert and Allen. What's their frontcourt now besides DeAndre Jordan

I think it's more about showing Durant that they're serious about building a team around him. Even if Kyrie came back right now, can you trust him not to bail again?
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2021, 05:18:59 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Holy moly, this is one of the biggest risk/reward move I've ever seen in the NBA. If things don't work out, the Nets might as well cease functioning for the next decade.
It took them 3-4 years to recover from the pierce garnet fiasco ... they will be fine

« Reply #82 on: January 13, 2021, 05:20:42 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
So the nets now have harden , Durant and green. What’s next? Kyrie for Westbrook and Jordan for Ibaka? Lol

« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2021, 05:21:32 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
(Maybe) We should acquire Nance Jr (or/and Cedi)... If we don't have a bigger plan for our trade exception.
Nance would be an awesome get. He’s my front runner for DPOY this year so far, and has changed his game completely. Now a good shooter and passer, and can play 3-5
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2021, 05:24:22 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
It took them 3-4 years to recover from the pierce garnet fiasco ... they will be fine
That trade was only 3 1sts and 1 pick swap. This trade? 4 1sts and 4 pick swaps. If the KG/Pierce trade put them back 4-5 years, what will this trade do if it doesn't work out?
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2021, 05:24:51 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I know depth isn't a big deal when you have a big three, but I do think depth matters.

Relying on Luwawu, Shamet, and Green as your bench is not ideal. With Dinwiddie already out, that hurts. Harris is a great fourth guy. As the season goes, I really think Jordan is going to show his age and inability to guard inside.

Still, that big three is pretty awesome. Kudos to them.

I really wonder what this means for Cleveland. I can't think McGee wants to get 0 minutes a game, but he doesn't deserve any with Allen and Drummond. It makes me think one of the two gets bought out. I don't think either helps the Cs.

I think it also shows that Indiana did not think Oladipo was resigning, no matter what. Great move by them.

« Reply #86 on: January 13, 2021, 05:29:15 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
I wasn't involved in trade talks, but, have to assume that this was "in the making" for months.

Each player, agent and GM knew the details and have known them for awhile.

You guys know the players in this league better than me, but, the team that Presti built, the Oklahoma City Thunder was to me, similar...of course some of the same guys too.

That OKC team never won anything. Let that sink in...nothing.

No one knows if this Nets team will win a title, but, look at Lebron's teams. Titles are about defense and this Nets team just doesn't look like it will want to play defense.

Look at Red's teams. KG's teams.

Look at the Warriors, heck look at the Raps...they played their butts off on defense that year.

It's funny, Joe Tsai has one of the biggest "big threes" you can get and nobody is allowed to watch them in person.

You know? They might be better without Irving for awhile...one less mouth to feed.

« Reply #87 on: January 13, 2021, 05:35:44 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Yeah, I mean the Nets, Clippers, and Lakers can afford to make these all or nothing moves because they can just sign the next big FA (and, in the case of LAL, they actually did win a Title). Poor Nets, they traded all of their picks to the Cs and then just happened to sign two All-NBA players in the same FA. If it doesn't work out, they will get another duo wanting to team up in NYC.

« Reply #88 on: January 13, 2021, 05:38:35 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
It stands to figure that we could have gotten Allen / Prince for a late #1 and part of our trade exception.

It’s funny, after years of needing a solid big, we finally have the resources to acquire one...  only to find that we’re too deep to take on another center.

I doubt Brooklyn wanted to deal with the Celtics and help them out. I would have loved to get Allen. I believe the current trade deadline is March 25. Does Danny wait to see what the team weaknesses are, and actually make a trade for any need?

« Reply #89 on: January 13, 2021, 05:39:53 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

We could have included Theis. Not sure whether the Rockets like his game, but he's on an expiring contract. Worst case scenario, they could have just let him walk in the summer. I mean, Theis is definitely a better player than Exum who's also an expiring.

I would have even swapped Timelord for Allen in case Houston were interested in him. No first round pick though, just Timelord (+ possibly minor asset) for Allen.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 05:47:58 PM by Jvalin »