Author Topic: Harden traded to Nets  (Read 23602 times)

Re: Harden traded to Nets
« Reply #120 on: January 13, 2021, 08:05:10 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Here's the question: Do you guys think Harden, Kyrie and KD can coexist in the same lineup? I mean, basketball is played with only 1 ball. Harden is possibly the most ball dominant player in the NBA.

they will be okay.... meanwhile Cs riding three players cose to their rookie deals and a bunch of stiffs.
Yeah, except there are a bunch of signs that point to this not working at all, so there's definitely a cause for concern.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #121 on: January 13, 2021, 08:24:32 PM »

Offline ConnerHenry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
Cousins ripping on Harden's antics. 

"Just the approach to training camp, showing up the way he did, the antics off the court, the disrespect started way before [Tuesday night]," Cousins said. "This isn't something that all of the sudden happened last night, but with that being said, like I said, this is the nasty part of the business. So it is what it is."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30706043/demarcus-cousins-rips-disrespectful-james-harden-says-ex-mvp-antics-completely-unfair-houston-rockets

Man, when Boogie Cousins is calling out your behavior? Crazy

« Reply #122 on: January 13, 2021, 08:25:01 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
We are going to knock them out of the playoffs this year...mark my words.

At which point the whole thing implodes, and Brooklyn is back in draft pick hell watching the Rockets rebuild with their picks!

Meanwhile we bide our time, let JT get to top-3 MVP level next year, JB cement his status as perennial All-Star, and build a mix of young guns (RW, PP) and savvy vet signings so we can contend for a solid 5-7 years.

« Reply #123 on: January 13, 2021, 08:30:41 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Cousins ripping on Harden's antics. 

"Just the approach to training camp, showing up the way he did, the antics off the court, the disrespect started way before [Tuesday night]," Cousins said. "This isn't something that all of the sudden happened last night, but with that being said, like I said, this is the nasty part of the business. So it is what it is."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30706043/demarcus-cousins-rips-disrespectful-james-harden-says-ex-mvp-antics-completely-unfair-houston-rockets

Man, when Boogie Cousins is calling out your behavior? Crazy

Yeah, DMC is a hothead on the court, but he’s actually a pretty good teammate.  I think he really, really resented Harden insulting the guys doing their best out there.  The dude is a loyal guy.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #124 on: January 13, 2021, 08:34:48 PM »

Online knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I’m looking forward to watching Harden literally choke Kyrie on the court.

This will be an entertaining disaster.  Three miserable people, one basketball.

« Reply #125 on: January 13, 2021, 08:39:23 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Here's the question: Do you guys think Harden, Kyrie and KD can coexist in the same lineup? I mean, basketball is played with only 1 ball. Harden is possibly the most ball dominant player in the NBA.

they will be okay.... meanwhile Cs riding three players cose to their rookie deals and a bunch of stiffs.

Yeah, I really wouldn't worry too much about ball-dominance. Other than the very beginning and very end of games, they can easily just make sure they have only two of them out there at all times. That would put each of them at 32 minutes which seems just about right.

« Reply #126 on: January 13, 2021, 08:40:55 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2951
  • On To Banner 18!
Does any of this even matter if Kyrie basically sits out for an extended period of time anyways? They don't even have LeVert anymore and he was actually key for the Nets in the games Kyrie missed and filled in nicely. Dinwiddie out for the season, so does Harden become PG?

Also, what's their answer for guys like Embiid and Giannis? Put KD on them? Lol.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #127 on: January 13, 2021, 08:54:46 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

This will be an entertaining disaster. Three miserable people, one basketball.

lol sounds like the title of a bad sport's biopic.

« Reply #128 on: January 13, 2021, 08:55:34 PM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146

Wow,  what a combination of personalities.

I am not a fan of those three.  I guess KD being the most “palatable” of the three.

Nets hate meter went up significantly.

They’ll miss Allen and LaVert.  Those were your energy guys.

Oh well, Nets were expected to go deep (ECF); but now, anything less than NBA Finals, or perhaps a Championship, would be a disappointment.

Ahhhh....Lakers vs Nets - I still hate the Lakers more.  I rather see Nets winning I guess 🤨

« Reply #129 on: January 13, 2021, 08:57:08 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
How does Kyrie's recent antics fit into all of this? Is he acting up because he does not agree with the deal, or was he acting up to force the deal?

« Reply #130 on: January 13, 2021, 08:57:56 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
KD and Harden have played on the same team before with a ballhog point guard. There’s nothing new here. The pieces don’t fit as we saw before. It’s going to be hilarious to watch it fail

This is just another version of those old okc thunder teams

« Reply #131 on: January 13, 2021, 09:03:36 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
How does Kyrie's recent antics fit into all of this? Is he acting up because he does not agree with the deal, or was he acting up to force the deal?

thats what i ve been wondering .   I think he both bored and mad at Trump is my best guess.   The basketball  may seem meaningless to him ,  he was already disinterested for the most part.  I think the covid rules ,  poor atmosphere at the court , no fans , the general malaise of the basketball season is something he can't cope with .   

« Reply #132 on: January 13, 2021, 09:11:23 PM »

Offline okpat

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 2
KD and Harden have played on the same team before with a ballhog point guard. There’s nothing new here. The pieces don’t fit as we saw before. It’s going to be hilarious to watch it fail

And that's why that OKC team got broken up - they didn't like playing with each other and sharing the spotlight

« Reply #133 on: January 13, 2021, 09:14:02 PM »

Online knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

This will be an entertaining disaster. Three miserable people, one basketball.

lol sounds like the title of a bad sport's biopic.

Thanks, I thought it sounded catchy.  This biopic is starring Burner, Fatty, and Psycho and will play out similar to this.  https://youtu.be/XfGWPpPy0uw

« Reply #134 on: January 13, 2021, 09:19:11 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176

And that's why that OKC team got broken up - they didn't like playing with each other and sharing the spotlight

OKC traded the wrong guard. Harden and KD would’ve been much better than Russ and KD. Westbrook can’t shoot which really kills you in the playoffs.  Westbrook just kept jacking it up for the rockets last year. Painful to watch. The Nets team is stacked but health will dictate how far they go.