Author Topic: Harden traded to Nets  (Read 23575 times)

Re: Harden traded to Nets
« Reply #105 on: January 13, 2021, 06:30:02 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
Does this mean that we can get Allen for the Cavs?

Gotta think he's their center of the future. Fits great with Sexton, Garland, and Okoro. The old guys - Love and Drummond - totally available probably.

Does Drummond fit in the trade exception? I’d take him for a couple of seconds.

« Reply #106 on: January 13, 2021, 06:31:27 PM »

Offline ConnerHenry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
A lot of Kyrie stories coming out, so it feels like there's something to this angle

- Kyrie reportedly very upset to not be consulted/involved in Nash being hired as coach. His comments about the team not needing a coach was directly related to this
- Kyrie has continued his political recruitment in the Nets locker room, like he did in BOS, to protest racial injustice and social unrest. His teammates have shown little interest
- Kyrie and Durant have mostly played together this season, as Kyrie only respects KD's talents and is not interested in working with other teammates

Not sure if these are true, but they don't seem to be a stretch

« Reply #107 on: January 13, 2021, 06:42:57 PM »

Online droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Brooklyn is either going to be epically awesome or implode and be terrible.  No middle ground.
It will be epic and awesome either way.

« Reply #108 on: January 13, 2021, 06:43:55 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
For any concerns over fit of Harden there, let me remind you that the guy has to go through double teams, acrobatics and borderline traveling to get open for a split second to shoot a 3... and he’s still the scoring champ.

Imagine having 2 other people who can drive and draw the entire defense on his team for wide open 3s.

This is going to be one of the most amazing offensive shows you’ve ever seen if they can avoid the drama.

« Reply #109 on: January 13, 2021, 06:49:15 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
For any concerns over fit of Harden there, let me remind you that the guy has to go through double teams, acrobatics and borderline traveling to get open for a split second to shoot a 3... and he’s still the scoring champ.

Imagine having 2 other people who can drive and draw the entire defense on his team for wide open 3s.

This is going to be one of the most amazing offensive shows you’ve ever seen if they can avoid the drama.

Lol, considering what's going on barely 4 weeks into the new season? Drama is going to be a factor.

But I don't disagree that they'll be good offensively. They won't be able to stop anyone, but they can score 140 a game.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #110 on: January 13, 2021, 06:55:00 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

We’ve seen Harden catastrophically fail when having to play alongside one ball-dominant superstar, why will he thrive with two? Let alone two who combine for much more drama than Westbrook?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #111 on: January 13, 2021, 07:00:25 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
We’re done

« Reply #112 on: January 13, 2021, 07:01:46 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
We’re done
"I quit! ...see you tomorrow."
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2021, 07:04:58 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

We’ve seen Harden catastrophically fail when having to play alongside one ball-dominant superstar, why will he thrive with two? Let alone two who combine for much more drama than Westbrook?

Yeah, in theory I get Erik’s point.  Everybody shares, and we have a team that is a mix between the best Heat and Warrior teams.  This squad would definitely win the CelticsBlog Draft.

Then, there’s history.  Kyrie hated being the 1A option in Cleveland because Lebron eclipsed him.  Now he’s the third banana.  Harden hasn’t blended in with other superstars since OKC, when he sought a bigger role.  And, all three are immature weirdos who need to be catered to constantly.

I like having evil super teams to root against, so I’m glad this happened.  It *could* work.  I just don’t think it will.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #114 on: January 13, 2021, 07:10:56 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593

Wonder if this is the Harden you'll get, especially when Kyrie decides to do one of his dribbling displays.  Not a player that wants to set up at the 3 point line for a possible kick out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGwf94AGOY0

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #115 on: January 13, 2021, 07:22:16 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
I like having evil super teams to root against, so I’m glad this happened.  It *could* work.  I just don’t think it will.

Ha, for sure this.

Only problem is when it ends up being evil super team vs evil super team.

Definitely don't want to see a Lakers vs Nets Finals.

Or if it's Sixers vs Nets in the ECF.  I'd actually be rooting for the Sixers.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #116 on: January 13, 2021, 07:23:34 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Yeah, in theory I get Erik’s point.  Everybody shares, and we have a team that is a mix between the best Heat and Warrior teams.  This squad would definitely win the CelticsBlog Draft.

Then, there’s history.  Kyrie hated being the 1A option in Cleveland because Lebron eclipsed him.  Now he’s the third banana.  Harden hasn’t blended in with other superstars since OKC, when he sought a bigger role.  And, all three are immature weirdos who need to be catered to constantly.

It's another hard test of the idea that basketball is about more than just talent and numbers.

This collection of misanthropic weirdos that the Nets have assembled shouldn't work.  But it might.

Let's hope it doesn't, for the good of the game.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #117 on: January 13, 2021, 07:46:58 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Wow!!!!! Talk about all-in!

Nets look like a juggernaut. They’ve gotta be the faves to come out of the East now.
- LilRip

« Reply #118 on: January 13, 2021, 07:54:43 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Cousins ripping on Harden's antics. 

"Just the approach to training camp, showing up the way he did, the antics off the court, the disrespect started way before [Tuesday night]," Cousins said. "This isn't something that all of the sudden happened last night, but with that being said, like I said, this is the nasty part of the business. So it is what it is."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30706043/demarcus-cousins-rips-disrespectful-james-harden-says-ex-mvp-antics-completely-unfair-houston-rockets

« Reply #119 on: January 13, 2021, 08:01:41 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Here's the question: Do you guys think Harden, Kyrie and KD can coexist in the same lineup? I mean, basketball is played with only 1 ball. Harden is possibly the most ball dominant player in the NBA.

they will be okay.... meanwhile Cs riding three players close to their rookie deals and a bunch of stiffs.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 08:51:46 PM by Ogaju »