Author Topic: Nets Imploding Already?  (Read 41353 times)

Re: Nets Imploding Already?
« Reply #210 on: January 20, 2021, 03:06:13 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I think the Nets should trade Irving to the Clippers.

The Nets need bodies and I think Irving will only cause problems and provides nothing they don't get from Harden who is quite simply better than him.

Irving for Beverley, Williams, Zubac, Kabengele, Mann, 2021 pick swap, 2023 pick swap (the pick swaps are after OKC has already swapped with LA).

Obvious talent downgrade for the Nets, but I actually think that will make them better and it will also make LA better. 

I just think this team is much more likely to win the title than if they kept Irving

Starters - Beverley, Harden, Harris, Durant, Jordan
Main Rotation - Williams, Shamet, Green, Zubac
Deep Bench - Kabengele, Brown, Mann, Luwawu-Cabarrot, Johnson, Claxton

Similarly, I think the Clippers are also more likely to win the title (obviously they need a few players in this situation as they would have 10, but I think they can find some players that would sign up for a shot at a title fairly easily)

Starters - Irving, George, Leonard, Morris, Ibaka
Main Rotation - Kennard, Jackson, Batum, Patterson
Deep Bench - Otoro
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #211 on: January 20, 2021, 04:21:05 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416

The Nets need bodies and I think Irving will only cause problems and provides nothing they don't get from Harden who is quite simply better than him.

Irving for Beverley, Williams, Zubac, Kabengele, Mann, 2021 pick swap, 2023 pick swap (the pick swaps are after OKC has already swapped with LA).

Obvious talent downgrade for the Nets, but I actually think that will make them better and it will also make LA better. 

I just think this team is much more likely to win the title than if they kept Irving

Similarly, I think the Clippers are also more likely to win the title (obviously they need a few players in this situation as they would have 10, but I think they can find some players that would sign up for a shot at a title fairly easily)

Deep Bench - Otoro

So the Clippers would want to bring a radioactive kyrie Irving into their locker room because......? He’s completely unreliable and unstable.  The Clipps have been rolling. I don’t think they would sabotage themselves like that.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 09:11:45 AM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #212 on: January 20, 2021, 05:30:38 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860

Deep Bench - Otoro

So the Clippers would want to bring in a radioactive kyrie Irving into their locker room because......? He’s completely unreliable and unstable.  The Clipps have been rolling. I don’t think they would sabotage themselves like that.

It will be interesting to see how Kyrie integrates into what is now a whole new team with Harden.  I don't see that going well.  Kyrie is probably going to hate the fact that Harden is on the team.

If he is traded, the Clipps would probably have some interest.  I think Kyrie fits better with George and Leonard than he would with Harden and Durant.  I just think it is too much salary for the Clipps to absorb without gutting their team.

« Reply #213 on: January 20, 2021, 09:52:40 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
First game with the Nets big 3 and they lose to the Cavs in double OT.  :)
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #214 on: January 20, 2021, 09:56:15 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Cavs shoot 50% from three.

"Big nets three" score 96 points.

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of guys.

« Reply #215 on: January 20, 2021, 09:59:19 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Sexton went off late.

I don’t know why GMs don’t want to trade with Danny. The Cavs took us to the woodshed in that deal, ha ha.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #216 on: January 20, 2021, 10:02:28 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Sexton went off late.

I don’t know why GMs don’t want to trade with Danny. The Cavs took us to the woodshed in that deal, ha ha.
Yep absolutely lol

« Reply #217 on: January 20, 2021, 10:34:35 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Imagine we didn't trade BKN 2018 pick for Irving...

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #218 on: January 20, 2021, 10:46:24 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Imagine we didn't trade BKN 2018 pick for Irving...

Cs would have fleeced the Nets. With that trade and the subsequent loss of Irving to Nets for nothing the Nets recovered some.

« Reply #219 on: January 20, 2021, 10:56:09 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I don't think Ainge would have drafted sexton.

He would have probably went for either of the bridges, Knox, or SGA. Although sexton was an undersized guard

« Reply #220 on: January 20, 2021, 11:03:36 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Deep Bench - Otoro

So the Clippers would want to bring in a radioactive kyrie Irving into their locker room because......? He’s completely unreliable and unstable.  The Clipps have been rolling. I don’t think they would sabotage themselves like that.
They aren't good enough to beat the other LA, with Kyrie they might be.

« Reply #221 on: January 20, 2021, 11:14:44 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

He would have probably went for either of the bridges, Knox, or SGA. Although sexton was an undersized guard
If Danny had kept the pick, I think he'd have been either looking at Sexton as the PG we needed or SGA as the athletic type of guard he likes. 

« Reply #222 on: January 20, 2021, 11:24:34 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Brooklyn trades Kyrie Irving
Cleveland trades Collin Sexton + Andre Drummond

Works in trade machine http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y6yx477b

I dunno though, I think Brooklyn would have to add a first rounder or two in order to acquire a talent like Sexton.  Oh wait... they don't have any first rounders left.   :laugh:
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #223 on: January 20, 2021, 11:34:01 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740

If Danny had kept the pick, I think he'd have been either looking at Sexton as the PG we needed or SGA as the athletic type of guard he likes.

SGA was his pick, no cap

« Reply #224 on: January 20, 2021, 11:49:04 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

I think he would have gone with Bridges, though I would have taken Porter (which you can find posts from the draft from me about Porter).  To me Porter was the high upside selection a team with Hayward, Tatum, Brown, Thomas, Rozier, Crowder, Smart, and Horford should have been taking.  Remember no trade Boston still has IT4 and Crowder.  I just think Porter would have been the right risk.  Back was scary, but if he could get healthy he had #1 pick type potential (which we are obviously seeing in Denver).