Author Topic: Report: Lebron has been recruiting Kawhi and Butler  (Read 6356 times)

Re: Report: Lebron has been recruiting Kawhi and Butler
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2019, 12:04:26 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Jimmy and either cousins or Kyrie going to the Lakers would not be surprising at all.
it wouldn't surprise you to see kyrie leave to join the guy he wanted to get away from?

Yea I have been debating with phosita for many years on here, generally agree with his viewpoints. And I just can’t wrap my head around on this take. I’ll give him a 100 of my tps if it somehow happens
Well, there are reports that Irving was hanging out with Lebron last weekend so there’s that. Nothing surprises me with Kyrie anymore.
where did you read that ? Link?
https://twitter.com/schultz_report/status/1131767386342907905?s=21

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2019, 12:12:21 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Jimmy and either cousins or Kyrie going to the Lakers would not be surprising at all.
it wouldn't surprise you to see kyrie leave to join the guy he wanted to get away from?

Yea I have been debating with phosita for many years on here, generally agree with his viewpoints. And I just can’t wrap my head around on this take. I’ll give him a 100 of my tps if it somehow happens
Well, there are reports that Irving was hanging out with Lebron last weekend so there’s that. Nothing surprises me with Kyrie anymore.

That doesn't mean he wants to go back.

They can still be friends, and most players in their off-season go to LA to visit and vacation.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2019, 12:26:43 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
So I am going to offer some advice to these NBA free agents.  My advice to Kyrie is to not got to the Lakers.  You won't be happy being 2A or 2B with Butler.  I think LA would be a good place for Butler.  Kawhi Leonard?  Go to the Clippers. 

As far as what Kyrie should do?  I actually think the best thing for him would be to pair up with Durant.  Durant would be the best player in my mind but Kyrie could be the more popular one or the more promoted one.  I don't think Durant minds sharing the spotlight.  For Kyrie, he could be playing with a top player while still getting plenty of spotlight.  Best of both worlds.

Now if Boston can get Davis, Boston would be a good spot for Kyrie too, for many of the same reasons, although I think Durant takes him farther than Davis (assuming all else equal).

NBA stars never listen to me though.  It would not surprise me if Kyrie and Durant both did something dumb.

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2019, 12:34:22 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

That doesn't mean he wants to go back.

They can still be friends, and most players in their off-season go to LA to visit and vacation.

Never said he was. Just saying the media is having a field day with all these rumors. FA is still like 5 weeks away.

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2019, 12:38:22 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Just because you apologize to your ex for cheating or treating them wrong does not mean you want to climb back into bed with them and try it again. I just don't believe Kyrie will ever play with Lebron again. It would be a defining moment in his career and he would always be remembered as Lebron's boy. Kyrie just does not have the mentality and acceptance that he needs Lebron to win and I seem to agree with that. Then again, Lebron only has a few more years left and then the Lakers would become Kyrie's but to get back into that bed he ran from makes little sense to me....phone call or not, it just doesn't pass the logic test to me.

I have made this exact analogy several times on this board, so TP. Irving would become a national punchline and he is a sensitive guy. Also, he desperately wants to prove he can be the alpha on a team, this has been present in every report about him I have read (including even a potential hangup for him playing with Durant a few weeks ago). But somehow, in spite of all of this, he goes and plays with a guy in the league who is known for more than anything being the biggest alpha in the room that sucks out all the oxygen in the room? I mean good grief.

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2019, 12:41:38 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Just because you apologize to your ex for cheating or treating them wrong does not mean you want to climb back into bed with them and try it again.

Actually, it often does mean that.

I would debate the use the word often. I think most guys that grow into their thirties and 40's, if they are still on good terms with their exes and communicate with them, make apologies like this. I know I have. And, oh heavens, I am actually going to catch up with my ex I apologized to this weekend cause we are still friends. Zero interest from either of us in getting back together... adult relationships...

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2019, 12:50:33 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Apparently, reports say if Jimmy Butler is offered the max from LAL, he will sign there immediately.

Unless the Lakers also successfully trade for AD, I'd be okay with this.

Better than them signing Kawhi or KD or even Kyrie I guess.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2019, 12:54:30 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Apparently, reports say if Jimmy Butler is offered the max from LAL, he will sign there immediately.

I would love to see this report. That would be a disaster for Philly to trade Covington and Saric (who people on this board claimed could be an all-star when he played for Philly) for 5 months of butler and a playoff series win against the Nets.

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2019, 01:34:38 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

I would love to see this report. That would be a disaster for Philly to trade Covington and Saric (who people on this board claimed could be an all-star when he played for Philly) for 5 months of butler and a playoff series win against the Nets.

Well looks like you beat me to it lol.

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2019, 01:47:10 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Not at all.  Because it seems like when he got what he asked for in leaving Cleveland he realized he didn't actually want it.

Did he seem to relish being the main man for the franchise in a place where people care most about basketball?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2019, 01:47:54 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Not at all.  Because it seems like when he got what he asked for in leaving Cleveland he realized he didn't actually want it.

Did he seem to relish being the main man for the franchise in a place where people care most about basketball?

We know who those people are.  :angel: ;D ;D

That being said, I'm actually surprised Saric wasn't utilized more with MIN.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2019, 03:17:50 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

I would love to see this report. That would be a disaster extreme joy for Philly to trade Covington and Saric (who people on this board claimed could be an all-star when he played for Philly) for 5 months of butler and a playoff series win against the Nets.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2019, 04:22:29 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Jackie Mac today on the hoop collective podcast "My feeling very strongly is that while Lebron and Kyrie have kissed and made up, Kyrie is not going there. He is just not. I don't believe it, people very close to him don't believe it. "

« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2019, 05:18:35 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Jackie Mac today on the hoop collective podcast "My feeling very strongly is that while Lebron and Kyrie have kissed and made up, Kyrie is not going there. He is just not. I don't believe it, people very close to him don't believe it. "

Of course, Kyrie is all about throwing curveballs, so you never know.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2019, 05:53:32 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
How funny would it be if Jeanie just decided to trade Lebron after all this in fears that he's "taking over" the Lakers and their front office  :laugh: