Author Topic: How do we beat the Cavs in the ECF?  (Read 16877 times)

Re: How do we beat the Cavs in the ECF?
« Reply #135 on: May 11, 2018, 09:05:33 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3010
  • On To Banner 18!
My biggest fear is that Tristan Thompson is suddenly going to look like Prime Shaq against us (AGAIN). Hopefully Baynes can limit him and Love in post-up situations. Going up against Embiid was a nice test and Baynes did well on him.

Really, we got to hound their shooters (JR Smith, Korver, etc.) and limit our own turnovers.

Like folks have mentioned above, Lebron may get his 30/10/10, but as long as we *contain* the other guys, we got a shot.

The Horford-Love match up is key. Even if it's a draw, I like our chances. But historically, Love and Thompson have dominated Horford (even dating back to his day in ATL). Baynes should help with Thompson, but we need Al to continue his stud play and keep Love in check as well.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #136 on: May 11, 2018, 09:19:13 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
CBS needs to be mindful of roster matchup

Cavs have the edge upfront with the trio of Thompson, Love, Lebron.  Just bigger, more explosive and Lebron is Lebron vs Horford, Morris, Brown/Tatum

Baynes is a big body but then you would need to drop Brown or Tatum from the starting lineup

This is the one series, Marcus Smart may the least impact (except against the bench players). 

Imo

Let Morris , Semi cover Lebron 1 on 1 as best as possible. Don't let the other players on the court get a clean shot/gain confidence.   Torch their guards

Kyrie is definitely a big loss

« Reply #137 on: May 11, 2018, 09:22:29 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamHimmelsbach/status/994999124817833990

Brad Stevens said he spent a lot of time yesterday talking Cavs with Kyrie

« Reply #138 on: May 11, 2018, 09:51:31 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Yubu , Semi and Morris .....15 fouls

Bron should hit the deck on his rear about 3.5 times a quarter ......everytime he plays bully ball .....his rear should hit the floor , get up,and shoot freethrows.

there are ho enforcers on Cavs ...... push Bron around , if he wants to fight ...he ll get hit too,  and we know he is mentally weak when pushed.
Technically 18 fouls

« Reply #139 on: May 11, 2018, 10:34:50 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1008
CBS needs to be mindful of roster matchup

Cavs have the edge upfront with the trio of Thompson, Love, Lebron.  Just bigger, more explosive and Lebron is Lebron vs Horford, Morris, Brown/Tatum

Baynes is a big body but then you would need to drop Brown or Tatum from the starting lineup

This is the one series, Marcus Smart may the least impact (except against the bench players). 

Imo

Let Morris , Semi cover Lebron 1 on 1 as best as possible. Don't let the other players on the court get a clean shot/gain confidence.   Torch their guards

Kyrie is definitely a big loss

Terry Rozier scored 50 points against the Cavaliers this season. While Kyrie may be a big loss all-around, I still trust Rozier to help us.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #140 on: May 11, 2018, 10:39:49 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3186
Quote from: SHAQATTACK on Yesterday at 01:18:32 PM
Yubu , Semi and Morris .....15 fouls

Bron should hit the deck on his rear about 3.5 times a quarter ......everytime he plays bully ball .....his rear should hit the floor , get up,and shoot freethrows.

there are ho enforcers on Cavs ...... push Bron around , if he wants to fight ...he ll get hit too,  and we know he is mentally weak when pushed.

Isn't Perk on the Cavs? He's only there as an enforcer. I do agree that hard hackaBron is the way to go at times during the series.

« Reply #141 on: May 11, 2018, 10:45:11 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 674
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Winning game one for Boston would do wonders

« Reply #142 on: May 11, 2018, 11:16:40 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1008
Winning game one for Boston would do wonders

We haven't lost at home in these playoffs yet. I think we'll get a split here at the Garden as LeBron James has had a history of dominating us in Boston. And a split in Cleveland.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #143 on: May 12, 2018, 12:01:23 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
A big thing we have going for us vs last year is that Cleveland doesn’t have Kyrie.

Granted, we don’t either. But this team is better than the IT-led team anyway. I think we can win this series in 7 games. Rozier has to keep ballin and our guys need to be as steady as ever. Kevin Love going off will be the death of us imo.
- LilRip

« Reply #144 on: May 12, 2018, 01:02:06 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3186
CJ McCollum says "The Celtics are playing with nothing to lose which may be to their advantage..."

« Reply #145 on: May 12, 2018, 02:20:31 AM »

Offline IndyCelt

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 4
keeping Thompson off the boards and doing much is the key I think. The controllable key anyway Lebron is going to get his and get the calls. I dont know why Thompson was riding the bench most of the Pacer series then he gets in and goes nuts. Coaches decision or combo playing bad? I hate players like that , off nights are one thing but so bad he doesnt see the floor and all of the sudden he comes in and a game changer. I cant stand watching him run either looks like he running into the teeth of a hurricane about to tip over backwards. I'd bang Love and make sure he feels it too

« Reply #146 on: May 12, 2018, 04:32:41 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Believe.

« Reply #147 on: May 12, 2018, 06:29:05 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
CJ McCollum says "The Celtics are playing with nothing to lose which may be to their advantage..."

He couldn't be more right.  Jaylen has alluded to this mentality a couple of times during the post-season.  Having nothing to lose matters when you factor in our coach and overall level of talent/athleticism.   

It's hard to pick against Lebron, but I have no reason to believe that this Celtics team wont push him to the limit.  My gut says the Cavs in a classic game 7, maybe even an OT thriller!  I expect many of these games to come down to the final 2 minutes. 

« Reply #148 on: May 12, 2018, 06:48:02 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I am hoping Karma helps helps us this series after what happened to us five minutes into the season.   There I said it....

« Reply #149 on: May 12, 2018, 07:07:03 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I like trying to match guys up but think we lose this one. We are just too undermanned. I see match ups as

-Rozier on Hill/Clarkson the battle of pace setting and streaky shooting. Imposing one's will is the key here usually the home guy wins this but a hot Rozier can win anywhere.

-Smart on Korver/Smith can't let either shooter get hot. And you can abuse each on offense. With just one quick step Smart can get to the paint to draw a foul or hit an open guy. This one could split games regardless if home or away.

-Brown/Morris/Semi/ Yab on LeBron, just be physical and keep a body on him all night. I feel at home you could win this match up once but away is going to be a loss every time.

-Tatum on Green/Nace/Hood, this match up is a serious one because it's the one C's should be favored in. But the experience of the guys and LeBron getting them easy looks may neutralize the match up. Tatum has to be focused on defense and have his head on a swivel.

-Baynes on Thompson is a home vs away split.

-Horford vs Love is usually a win for Love but Horford has been a different guy this playoffs by stepping up for key spots. Can he can show that active hunger for 30mins instead of just 5mins? If yes he can win this matchup.

It's going to a huge effort to get this series to six games. I just want to see us compete and be in every game.