Author Topic: Pacers (36-34) at Celtics (45-26) Game #72 3/22/17  (Read 17711 times)

Re: Pacers (36-34) at Celtics (45-26) Game #72 3/22/17
« Reply #135 on: March 22, 2017, 09:19:22 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
George FINALLY looked to post up one of our guards, but it was Marcus "basically a big man" Smart
I'm bitter.

« Reply #136 on: March 22, 2017, 09:19:47 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
Smart is doing a hell of a job staying with PG and making things tough for him.

« Reply #137 on: March 22, 2017, 09:19:49 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
AB FOR 3!!!!!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #138 on: March 22, 2017, 09:19:56 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Lol Monta Ellis is a bum.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #139 on: March 22, 2017, 09:20:13 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
JAYLEN!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #140 on: March 22, 2017, 09:20:17 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2004
Nice pick by Smart to get Brown open for the oop.

« Reply #141 on: March 22, 2017, 09:21:04 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
Yeah, George is a goner this summer in a trade somewhere. There's no way he's staying there next summer, and Bird knows it at this point, which is why he was shopping him pretty hard at the deadline.

Would still love him if he'd be open to resigning here. It'd be sweet to land Griffin in free agency first then trade for George afterwards.

I'd hate to lose Crowder a lot though.

You can sign Griffin, trade for George, and keep Crowder. It's probably how Danny would prefer to do it

I'd hope so. Bradley and Fultz/Jackson DEFINITELY gone then. Maybe even KO.

If we sign a max FA, Kelly is gone. If we trade for George, the pick is gone. Bradley makes the most monetary sense in a trade for George, too

Will something like Bradley plus Rozier and the Brooklyn pick enough, though? I guess it depends upon how much Bird likes one of the top-3 or 4 prospects and where we end up landing.

It's fair value. If Bird doesn't want to take it, that's on him. There's no guarantee that George would stay here, so a top pick and a good player like Bradley us the most we should give up

If he is serious about his LA love and going there after NEXT season, then I wouldn't even do that trade.

Unless he signs a long term commitment I'd walk away. Maybe see the price on Butler then.

I like George's fit enough to take the risk. He'd be beautiful as a #2 option and doing a lot of spot up shooting. Butler, not so much
I'm bitter.

« Reply #142 on: March 22, 2017, 09:21:57 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
Max just said "George is yelling and screaming but he's down by 15" lol

« Reply #143 on: March 22, 2017, 09:22:33 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Yeah, George is a goner this summer in a trade somewhere. There's no way he's staying there next summer, and Bird knows it at this point, which is why he was shopping him pretty hard at the deadline.

Would still love him if he'd be open to resigning here. It'd be sweet to land Griffin in free agency first then trade for George afterwards.

You can sign Griffin, trade for George, and keep Crowder. It's probably how Danny would prefer to do it

If we sign a max FA, Kelly is gone. If we trade for George, the pick is gone. Bradley makes the most monetary sense in a trade for George, too

Will something like Bradley plus Rozier and the Brooklyn pick enough, though? I guess it depends upon how much Bird likes one of the top-3 or 4 prospects and where we end up landing.

It's fair value. If Bird doesn't want to take it, that's on him. There's no guarantee that George would stay here, so a top pick and a good player like Bradley us the most we should give up

If he is serious about his LA love and going there after NEXT season, then I wouldn't even do that trade.

Unless he signs a long term commitment I'd walk away. Maybe see the price on Butler then.

I like George's fit enough to take the risk. He'd be beautiful as a #2 option and doing a lot of spot up shooting. Butler, not so much

Bradley + Top-2 pick for one year rental? Nah. At least that's me.

« Reply #144 on: March 22, 2017, 09:23:58 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933

Take all this LA talk with a grain of salt. Every potential free agent is ALWAYS a lock to go to LA and none of them ever do anymore, e.g. Derozan, Durant, Aldridge, etc.

Unless something dramatic happens between now and then and they actually look like a decent team, I don't see George going there. I think he'd stay in Boston if he was traded here and we played up to par with how we should be playing. And if he wouldn't stay here and wants to play in LA no matter what, then he's not a Celtics-type player anyways.

« Reply #145 on: March 22, 2017, 09:23:58 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
How many times do they miss Jaylen Brown alone under the hoop? Dang, need to look for the kid!

« Reply #146 on: March 22, 2017, 09:25:16 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson

Bradley + Top-2 pick for one year rental? Nah. At least that's me.

Obviously it's a bad deal if it ends up being for a rental, but I think playing on a team with IT, Horford, and Griffin with Brad coaching would be enough to get him to stay. He wants a championship, and that team would have a way better chance than LA will for the forseeable future
I'm bitter.

« Reply #147 on: March 22, 2017, 09:25:30 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!

Take all this LA talk with a grain of salt. Every potential free agent is ALWAYS a lock to go to LA and none of them ever do anymore, e.g. Derozan, Durant, Aldridge, etc.

Unless something dramatic happens between now and then and they actually look like a decent team, I don't see George going there. I think he'd stay in Boston if he was traded here and we played up to par with how we should be playing. And if he wouldn't stay here and wants to play in LA no matter what, then he's not a Celtics-type player anyways.

Yeah not many guys are going to walk away from a contender to rebuild if the money is equal.

« Reply #148 on: March 22, 2017, 09:26:47 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Slow comeback...

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #149 on: March 22, 2017, 09:27:04 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Smart can't guard PG who is shooting over him.