Author Topic: Celtics (3-2) at Cavaliers (2-3) ECF Game #6 5/25/18  (Read 102554 times)

Re: Celtics (3-2) at Cavaliers (2-3) ECF Game #6 5/25/18
« Reply #1815 on: May 26, 2018, 11:08:28 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
these three road loses were some of the worse coaching I have seen out of CBS

no real plan.  Just go out there guys and do your best

Jaylen Brown and Terry Rozier were clearly ON, on the offensive end tonight.  So you need to draw up a game plan (after the half) to have these two launch shots after shot after shots.

But instead he gives the green light to Morris, Smart etc.   This is what not to do , in order to win close tough away games. 

In game 5, Baynes starting was perfect in order to make Lebron think twice before driving in the lane/alter his shots.  Also worked well in the 1st quarter of game 6

Then he sits him , brings in Morris, and things get real messy.  GO back to Baynes

The players need to follow detail?? CBS didn't follow his own advice

it really makes me question what he is telling these players. i think he gives green light to anybody with no concern. how about keep killing them in the paint at the rim until they collapse 4 guys then we can shoot wide open threes. it is nuts how he lets them get away with garbage.

Exactly

Its because he "believes" in them.  For away games 3,4,6 (and vs Bucks in game 6).... you have to coach tighter than that. 

Otherwise without the very best talent, he wont be able to win at the highest level just based on faith

agreed. he now has empirical evidence they will fall into dumb spells znd get away from what was working. he needs to stop it. he is the coach. they do what he tells them. he can stop this.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1816 on: May 26, 2018, 11:37:33 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
these three road loses were some of the worse coaching I have seen out of CBS

no real plan.  Just go out there guys and do your best

Jaylen Brown and Terry Rozier were clearly ON, on the offensive end tonight.  So you need to draw up a game plan (after the half) to have these two launch shots after shot after shots.

But instead he gives the green light to Morris, Smart etc.   This is what not to do , in order to win close tough away games. 

In game 5, Baynes starting was perfect in order to make Lebron think twice before driving in the lane/alter his shots.  Also worked well in the 1st quarter of game 6

Then he sits him , brings in Morris, and things get real messy.  GO back to Baynes

The players need to follow detail?? CBS didn't follow his own advice

it really makes me question what he is telling these players. i think he gives green light to anybody with no concern. how about keep killing them in the paint at the rim until they collapse 4 guys then we can shoot wide open threes. it is nuts how he lets them get away with garbage.

Exactly

Its because he "believes" in them.  For away games 3,4,6 (and vs Bucks in game 6).... you have to coach tighter than that. 

Otherwise without the very best talent, he wont be able to win at the highest level just based on faith

agreed. he now has empirical evidence they will fall into dumb spells znd get away from what was working. he needs to stop it. he is the coach. they do what he tells them. he can stop this.

unfortunately I don't think he will ever do this.... just his personality

you hear from him before games "mistakes are going to happen, It's important how you, overcome it etc."

vs drill Sargent Popovich .... mistakes are unacceptable mentality

I don't expect CBS to be as tight as this....but not sure when he will get "it", the reason he is 1-7 now on the road

« Reply #1817 on: May 26, 2018, 12:52:21 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
anyone remember who Lebron was guarding last night?

how does the guy get away from what it seemed like -  guarding "nobody"?  he had what, 1 foul the whole game

Celtics should had fed the player Lebron was guarding, and made him work a little more. 

Unbelievable he was able to play the whole game and didn't even looked gas

« Reply #1818 on: May 26, 2018, 12:59:02 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
The more I think about it and comparing to how GSW was able to beat a possessed Lebron last playoffs.    It was outscoring the Cavs in quicken arena (the whole series pretty much)

the Celts don't have that type of offensive firepower away.  Solid D , can only take you so far at playoff road games

In turn, I don't expect the Cavs to be able to outscore the Celtics at TD tomorrow.  That would mean two of Green,  JR Smith, Korver, Hill would need to score close to 20.  I doubt it

« Reply #1819 on: May 26, 2018, 01:16:56 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
This team has been through too much to lose at home to Lebron and his bums

« Reply #1820 on: May 26, 2018, 01:41:23 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Dave Chudowsky

Verified account

@DaveChudowsky
 3m3 minutes ago
More
Kevin Love has been placed in Concussion protocol and according to Ty Lue has not been ruled out for game 7 @wkyc

« Reply #1821 on: May 26, 2018, 01:44:52 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I hope Love never thinks the same again
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #1822 on: May 26, 2018, 01:45:52 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
How can you be in Concussion program and still play a day later?

« Reply #1823 on: May 26, 2018, 01:57:33 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
And of course the nba removes the concussion protocol off their website

http://official.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2016/09/Concussion-Program-Summary-2016-17.pdf

I’m pretty sure there is a part that requires 72 hours of monitoring before playing:

A player in the concussion protocol program can’t return to the floor until the following:

He is without concussion-related symptoms at rest.
He has been evaluated by a physician.
He has successfully completed the NBA return-to-participation exertion protocol.
A team physician has discussed the return-to-participation process and decision with the Director of the NBA concussion program, Dr. Jeffrey Kutcher.
Ultimately, the decision as to when a player will return will be made by the team physician.

« Reply #1824 on: May 26, 2018, 02:01:31 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I wonder if Stevens is pulling Larkin out of a hat for tomorrow's game? Even an appearance could throw Lue into a tailspin.

Historically the cavs have really big bodied and abused our smaller guards.   One reason we are completing this year is we are a lot bigger across the board.

anyone remember who Lebron was guarding last night?

For large stints of the game, Tatum.

« Reply #1825 on: May 27, 2018, 11:07:15 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I hope Love never thinks the same again

That's just petty dude and it's not funny.  Concussions ruin lives and careers.

Cavs move on.  Celtics gave em a 7 game fight but just couldn't finish things off.

I'm proud of this team getting this far considering they lost 2 of their stars.

The good news is that Jayson Tatum is the REAL DEAL.

Give the kid more confidence, experience, and time to build up his body and he will be an absolute STUD very, very soon.  He's already a Star, but he can reach that Superstar level.  I BELIEVE!