Author Topic: Questions for wannabe cord cutters  (Read 2758 times)

Questions for wannabe cord cutters
« on: August 07, 2020, 10:34:54 AM »

Offline Walker Wiggle

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 125
I'm pretty sure there's already a thread for this, but  I couldn't find it.

Basically, I wanted to know how people are able to watch Celtics games (while in the Boston area) without cable. It seems like if you're in the area, NBA League Pass is not an option given the blackouts.

Thanks to whoever is able to point me to the right thread for this.

Re: Questions for wannabe cord cutters
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2020, 11:26:08 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Sportsurge website.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2020, 02:46:04 PM »

Offline Walker Wiggle

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 125
Sportsurge website.

Thanks. I meant legitimately. Probably should have made that clear.

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2020, 03:17:51 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I have YouTube TV. They try to include local sports networks, and since I live in RI, I get NESN and NBCS. So I get to see every Celtics, Red Sox, and Bruins games. I also get the local coverage of the Patriots games on NBC or ABC. It also has TNT and NBA TV so I don't miss any NBA games either. Before I switched from cable to cutting the cord, I made sure I was able to watch the Celtics before making any decision. I think the only sports channel I don't get is the NFL network, so I miss a few games during the season. Although, if you have Amazon Prime, at some point during the season, they also provide the Thursday night NFL games too. YouTube TV does have a 7 day free trial period, which may help answer any worries you may have. Good luck.

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2020, 03:47:38 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
started the same thread a few months back.
Seems like youtube tv is the only viable solution and I heard they recently jacked up the rates from $50/month to $65. I am currently leaching TNT and ESPN streaming from family members. I'll worry about what comes next - next season.

https://forum.celticsstrong.com/index.php?topic=102407.0

Have to say i have no regrets getting rid of cable, haven't missed it for a second, really regret not doing it sooner.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 04:04:59 PM by jbpats »

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2020, 05:22:32 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
If you know somebody in NE who will share their cable username/password with you, then you should be able to watch the games through the NBCS app (computer, apple tv, ipad, etc) after 'your' subscription is authenticated. Obviously you would need to be quite close to that person (I am not lucky enough to be able to do this).