Author Topic: Celtics (23-6) at Warriors (8-21) 12/28  (Read 101994 times)

Re: Celtics (23-6) at Warriors (8-21) 12/28
« Reply #495 on: December 29, 2009, 02:18:09 AM »

Kiorrik

LA would fold quickly without Bryant.
Who's Bryant?

Alright, now I'm *really* off to hit the shower and get ready for work :p

« Reply #496 on: December 29, 2009, 02:21:48 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
Tue, Feb 19, 2008 @ Denver Nuggets L 118 - 124               41 - 10 L 1     
Wed, Feb 20, 2008 @ Golden State Warriors L 117 - 119         41 - 11 L 2    
Fri, Feb 22, 2008 @ Phoenix Suns L 77 - 85    41 - 12 L 3

In 2008 the Celtics lost three straight games... one of those games was and away game against the Warriors. It was a close game and they lost it one night after they had lost another game. Their next game was two days later in Phoenix... Anybody notice any similarities? This team will be fine. Even championship teams lose games... believe it or not they also lose back to back games. Don't call me crazy but sometimes they even lose back to back to back. The Celtics will be fine. The sky is not falling. We're fine.

TP. I guess I shouln't have gone back to 83-84 when that was right there ;)

Throw the Clippers game in there from last year too as I did earlier.  Not sure what that proves --- since the Nuggets were a very good team last year for one.  But I guess we can deduce that since the C's lost those games it was crucial since they lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs so that means they are in store for the same fate this year?

... Those games aren't from last year... That's 07-08... You know, the year we won the championship?

« Reply #497 on: December 29, 2009, 02:32:36 AM »

Offline jadams5214

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Thanks Matt I am the worst at responding to quotes --- I had one talking about last year losing to the Lakers then Warriors back to back and also losing to the Clippers on the road last year.  Didn't intend to confuse the 2 years. 

The 07-08 losses to Denver and Phoenix are nowhere in the same league as losses to the Clippers and Warriors on back to back nights.  Or losing to the 76ers at home. 

« Reply #498 on: December 29, 2009, 02:35:10 AM »

Offline ChainSmokingLikeDino

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 96
Tue, Feb 19, 2008 @ Denver Nuggets L 118 - 124               41 - 10 L 1     
Wed, Feb 20, 2008 @ Golden State Warriors L 117 - 119         41 - 11 L 2    
Fri, Feb 22, 2008 @ Phoenix Suns L 77 - 85    41 - 12 L 3

In 2008 the Celtics lost three straight games... one of those games was and away game against the Warriors. It was a close game and they lost it one night after they had lost another game. Their next game was two days later in Phoenix... Anybody notice any similarities? This team will be fine. Even championship teams lose games... believe it or not they also lose back to back games. Don't call me crazy but sometimes they even lose back to back to back. The Celtics will be fine. The sky is not falling. We're fine.

TP. I guess I shouln't have gone back to 83-84 when that was right there ;)

Throw the Clippers game in there from last year too as I did earlier.  Not sure what that proves --- since the Nuggets were a very good team last year for one.  But I guess we can deduce that since the C's lost those games it was crucial since they lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs so that means they are in store for the same fate this year?

Umm, no. Those are from the year of #17. Like the instances of losing to bad teams in '83-'84. Lets not let the knee-jerk, everything has gone to sh** attitude extend to misreading and distorting facts that show that, yes, sometimes there is a silver-lining.

« Reply #499 on: December 29, 2009, 02:36:45 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
LA would fold quickly without Bryant.
Who's Bryant?

Alright, now I'm *really* off to hit the shower and get ready for work :p

Missed the game thread tonight ... and esp. you, Bud, (got beeped again) ... have a great day at work! ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #500 on: December 29, 2009, 02:38:56 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
Thanks Matt I am the worst at responding to quotes --- I had one talking about last year losing to the Lakers then Warriors back to back and also losing to the Clippers on the road last year.  Didn't intend to confuse the 2 years. 

The 07-08 losses to Denver and Phoenix are nowhere in the same league as losses to the Clippers and Warriors on back to back nights.  Or losing to the 76ers at home. 

Well... I'm going to have to respectfully disagree, and I can tell you aren't going to side with me on the issue anytime soon. So rather than start an argument over something stupid, let's just agree to disagree.

I think losses happen. This team will still be getting banner #18.

« Reply #501 on: December 29, 2009, 02:47:05 AM »

Offline jadams5214

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
One more tidbit --- C's scored 41 second half points against the worst defense in the NBA.  If that doesn't send shudders through the spine of all Celtics fans not sure what will.

Well Matt we can definitely agree on this --- I hope you are right about the last statement regarding the Celtics and banner #18.  I wouldn't want to bet my life savings on it but it sounds good at least.

« Reply #502 on: December 29, 2009, 05:50:47 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Well, just saw the game... I'm not sure a loss can be more frustrating. I mean, up 18 at a point, rolling, and then your lead gets blown out on easy possession for the Warriors, their crowd gets into it, you miss bunnies (I can't recount how much easy layups and shots we missed tonight), you play poor D, you fail to execute down the stretch, and the refs were quite helpful of the Warriors I must say (the last two offensive fouls on Perk... ridiculous, and Baby couldn't get a call while he got stripped everytime he shot the ball).

I hope Baby is OK and won't miss games. He has been playing great since his return, catching on a lot of offensive boards, just what we missed. Also, this loss is frustrating because you play your starters a lot of minutes on a back to back and then you lose. To the freakin' Warriors... so annoying. :-\

At least the Fakers lost tonight too. Now I hope we will get back on track against Phoenix because the Cavaliers, Magic and Hawks could retake the first place in the East and I don't want that to happen.

« Reply #503 on: December 29, 2009, 05:52:40 AM »

Kiorrik

Well, just saw the game... I'm not sure a loss can be more frustrating. I mean, up 18 at a point, rolling, and then your lead gets blown out on easy possession for the Warriors, their crowd gets into it, you miss bunnies (I can't recount how much easy layups and shots we missed tonight), you play poor D, you fail to execute down the stretch, and the refs were quite helpful of the Warriors I must say (the last two offensive fouls on Perk... ridiculous, and Baby couldn't get a call while he got stripped everytime he shot the ball).

I hope Baby is OK and won't miss games. He has been playing great since his return, catching on a lot of offensive boards, just what we missed. Also, this loss is frustrating because you play your starters a lot of minutes on a back to back and then you lose. To the freakin' Warriors... so annoying. :-\

At least the Fakers lost tonight too. Now I hope we will get back on track against Phoenix because the Cavaliers, Magic and Hawks could retake the first place in the East and I don't want that to happen.

I'm looking forward to that game so much man. I love the Suns and their game, and this game should be "payback time" for the previous 2 losses and their loss earlier this season.

Yeh, I can feel it. Gonna be a great game.

« Reply #504 on: December 29, 2009, 08:40:22 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
2 nights in a row boston has blown a good lead. blowing an 18 point lead against GS...reallly no excuse

« Reply #505 on: December 29, 2009, 09:06:49 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
2 nights in a row boston has blown a good lead. blowing an 18 point lead against GS...reallly no excuse

Ray Allen playing more than 40 minutes per game... really  no excuse.  We don't want him injured as well...
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #506 on: December 29, 2009, 04:15:01 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
one of the worst officiated games ive seen this season...