Author Topic: I Tunes help  (Read 2719 times)

I Tunes help
« on: January 28, 2012, 02:31:45 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
So I've had a hard time googling this, here's the hugest blunder I've ever made:

Just downloaded a new CD, had to run but before I left I went to change the artist info to 'Wilco.'

I returned to find out that I had changed every song in my itunes (little short of 9k) to read that the artist is 'Wilco.' And for the life of me I can't figure out a way to revert. You can't click undo, and i've already tried removing all files and then reloading them?

Re: I Tunes help
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 02:35:30 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Ouch.  I did that once with the Rolling Stones.  I never did find an easy way out for reverting en masse.

Did you try "get track info"?

What Wilco album were you adding?
Yup

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 02:37:43 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
Ouch.  I did that once with the Rolling Stones.  I never did find an easy way out for reverting en masse.

Did you try "get track info"?

What Wilco album were you adding?

I was adding the new itunes session, and for some reason the artist info wasn't there. So I went to get info and just added 'wilco.'

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 04:52:36 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
Doesn't appear to be a way (atleast on a mac) to do it, so I've started the process.

I sorted by album name and have been renaming. Started shortly after I left this post, I'm up to "House of Balloons" by the Weeknd. 0 fun.